More information from http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/1085952/
The Handbook of Financing Growth: Strategies, Capital Structure,
and M&A Transactions, 2nd Edition
Description: This is a complete handbook, updated in full so readers can understand and apply the basics of
corporate finance to middle market growth companies. Marks et al provide tools to analyze and
determine the appropriate capital structure and also provide detailed discussion of the many
funding instruments and the terms of each. Funding mechanisms and sources are also reviewed, as
well as the pros and cons of each type. New material includes: a more detailed discussion of
recapitalizations and recap strategies; a section on international issues/cases; new case studies
(including a hedge fund, an early stage sector-focused business, an international case, a full buyout
case, and a partial buyout case); the impact/changes of private equity on capital markets the past
few years; and discussions regarding cleantech and alternative energy; as well as an update to the
charts throughout and the directory section.
Praise for The handbook of Financing Growth
"Once again, Kenneth Marks and company have hit the mark with a comprehensive analysis of
corporate and commercial finance, which is both readable and up-to-date. This book is a must for
any entrepreneur, middle-market company CFO, or graduate student looking for a thorough
presentation of real world financial solutions. I highly recommend it."
—Barry D. Yelton, Senior Vice President and Region Manager, Federal National Payables, Inc.
"This is a valuable tool to anyone raising capital. I've seen firsthand how the current environment is
filled with dead ends for those seeking to grow their business. Having a blueprint for the process
will save time and resources; two things any growth company can ill afford to spend. By looking at
the process and explaining the various components of how capital forms, the authors provide
necessary insight toward a productive effort. Anyone considering a capital raise should embark on
that journey with this resource."
—Christopher Gaertner, Head of Technology Investment Banking, Managing Director, Merrill Lynch
"All principals involved in financing their growth should keep a copy of this book handy and refer to
it frequently for guidance. It provides clear guidelines and case studies that can be used by any of
the 27 million firms in the U.S. that want to grow."
—James F. Smith, PhD, Chief Economist, Parsec Financial Management
"Ken Marks and team have done a great service here to top management of middle-market
companies, their advisors, as well as the investment community in understanding growth financing.
This book is a perfect combination of being comprehensive (the glossary alone contains over 650
terms) yet very understandable. Too bad that more books written on this subject aren't written the
way this one is."
—Bob Grabill, President and CEO, Chief Executive Network
"I am enthusiastic about this Second Edition of The Handbook of Financing Growth. The authors
have updated chapters throughout and introduced a very useful, 'new project leadership' tool in
Chapter 2. I can't imagine a more complete business financing guide. And, because of the
tremendous amount of business wisdom contained herein, this book is valuable for its general
business planning guidance alone. Highly recommended; a copy belongs in every entrepreneur's
—Peter Pflasterer, entrepreneur and founder, JPS Communications, Inc.
"Considering the many financing challenges in the midst of our global recession, as a leading trade
association for M&A professionals, we believe the new edition of The Handbook of Financing Growth
is essential reading for any business owner, advisor, or investor. This ambitious sharing of 'hands
on' experiences will surely prove to be very rewarding for any decision maker in the private capital
—Michael R. Nall, CPA, CM & AA, and founder, Alliance of M&A Advisors
"The Handbook of Financing Growth, Second Edition remains the most important book on financing
to be published in far more than a decade. If there is a way to do a business finance deal, it is
covered in this book. Not only does the book explain how to do most all types of financing, it tells
you why some companies succeed while others fail. The book is a true reference book that you can
turn to when you need an answer, or when you need inspiration."
—Marilyn J. Holt, Founder of Holt Capital,
About The Authors.
Part One: The Financing Process.
Chapter 1: Introduction.
Chapter 2: Planning and Alignment (“Begin with the End in Mind”).
- An Overview of the Planning Process.
- Strategic Planning using the Growth Strategy NavigatorTM.
- Updated Forecast.
- Business Valuation.
Chapter 3: Acquisitions, Recapitalizations, and Exits.
- Selling the Company / Creating Shareholder Liquidity.
Chapter 4: Capital Structure & Financing Strategy.
- Assimilating the Drivers.
- Developing Liability Limits.
Chapter 5: Sources of Capital and What to Expect.
- Bootstrapping Sources and Techniques.
- Individual Investors (Private Placements Not from Angels or Institutions).
- Angel Investors.
- Commercial Banks.
- Asset-Based Lenders.
- Commercial Finance Companies.
- Leasing Companies.
- Private Equity.
- Venture Capital Funds.
- Mezzanine Funds.
- Buyout Funds.
- Hedge Funds.
- Strategic or Industry Investors—Corporate Venture Capital.
- Merchant Banks.
- Community Development Initiatives and Government Agencies.
- Micro-Cap Public Entities.
- Royalty Financing.
Chapter 6: Equity and Debt Financings: Documentation and Regulatory Sources of Capital and
What to Expect.
- Compliance with Securities Laws.
- Basic De?nition of Debt and Equity.
- Debt Instruments.
- Loan Documentation.
- Equity Instruments.
- Equity Investment Documentation.
- Compliance with Securities Laws.
Chapter 7: Expert Support—The Players and Their Roles.
- Board of Directors.
- Investment Bankers.
Chapter 8: Closing the Deal.
- Process Check-in.
Part Two: Case Studies.
- Case Study 1: Asset-Based Lender, Receivables Financing.
- Case Study 2: Asset-Based Lender, High Risk Loan.
- Case Study 3: Asset-Based Lender, Assignment for Benefit of Creditors.
- Case Study 4: Asset-Based Lender, Acquisition.
- Case Study 5: Asset-Based Lender, Turnaround Funding.
- Case Study 6: Asset-Based Lender, Growth Financing.
- Case Study 7: Commercial Finance, Trade Financing.
- Case Study 8: Angel Investor, Initial funding and sale of company.
- Case Study 9: Venture Capital, Early Stage Growth Equity.
- Case Study 10: Royalty Financing.
- Case Study 11: Venture Capital, Growth Equity.
- Case Study 12: Community Development Finance, Growth Funding.
- Case Study 13: Debt with Revenue Sharing.
- Case Study 14: Mezzanine Investment.
- Case Study 15: Private Equity, Acquisition Through Exit.
- Case Study 16: Private Equity, Management Buyout / Partner Exit.
- Case Study 17: Private Equity, Restructuring.
- Case Study 18: Private Equity, Acquisition with Management Participation.
- Case Study 19: Private Equity, Buyout and Public Co. Transition.
- Case Study 20: Private Equity, Public to Private Transaction.
- Case Study 21: Private Equity, Buy and Build Strategy.
Part Three: Financing Source Directory.
- Suggested Use of the Directory Section.
- A: Corporate Finance Primer.
- B: Financial Statements.
- C: Discount Rates.
- D: How Fast Can Your Company Afford to Grow?
- E: Notes about Start-Ups.
- F: Accounting Principles - GAAP and IFRS.
Ordering: Order Online - http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/1085952/
Order by Fax - using the form below
Order by Post - print the order form below and sent to
Research and Markets,
Page 1 of 2
Fax Order Form
To place an order via fax simply print this form, fill in the information below and fax the completed form to 646-607-
1907 (from USA) or +353-1-481-1716 (from Rest of World). If you have any questions please visit
Please verify that the product information is correct.
Product Name: The Handbook of Financing Growth: Strategies, Capital Structure, and M&A
Transactions, 2nd Edition
Web Address: http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/1085952/
Office Code: OC8HPROSOUUXQ
Please select the product format and quantity you require:
Hard Copy: EURO €74.00 + Euro €25.00 Shipping/Handling
Please enter all the information below in BLOCK CAPITALS
Title: Mr Mrs Dr Miss Ms Prof
First Name: Last Name:
Email Address: *
Postal / Zip Code:
* Please refrain from using free email accounts when ordering (e.g. Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL)
Page 2 of 2
Please indicate the payment method you would like to use by selecting the appropriate box.
Pay by credit card: American Express
(for Diners Club only)
Pay by check: Please post the check, accompanied by this form, to:
Research and Markets,
Please transfer funds to:
Pay by wire transfer:
Account number 833 130 83
Sort code 98-53-30
Swift code ULSBIE2D
IBAN number IE78ULSB98533083313083
Bank Address Ulster Bank,
27-35 Main Street,
If you have a Marketing Code please enter it below:
Please note that by ordering from Research and Markets you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions at
Please fax this form to:
(646) 607-1907 or (646) 964-6609 - From USA
+353 1 481 1716 or +353 1 653 1571 - From Rest of World