Renovate by fdh56iuoui


									                                               3111 E. Main Street • Endwell, NY 13760-5990                                  Spring 2010

Town board members
                                                Town of Union Passes Home Improvement Exemption
                                                Save taxes by doing that renovation now!
John M. Bernardo                                The Town of Union is pleased to announce a Home Improvement Exemption for
    Supervisor                                  property owners of one- and two-family homes. If you have been thinking of build-
Rose A. Sotak
                                                ing an addition, a sunroom, an enclosed porch, a new deck, an additional bath-
Nancy LaBare
                                                room, a new garage, or another improvement, now is the time to do it.
    Councilwoman                                This exemption will be available to Town residents for work completed March 1,
Thomas R. Augostini                             2010 and March 1, 2011. The exemption lasts for eight years. The first year it is
    Councilman                                  100% of the assessment increase for the improvement. It then is reduced 12.5%
Frank Bertoni                                   each year through its term. The value of the improvement project must exceed
    Councilman                                  $3,000 and ordinary maintenance and repairs do not qualify. The greater portion
                                                of the property (that part prior to the project) must be at least five years old.
Town Telephone numbers                          Other taxing entities in the Town, the Villages of Endicott and Johnson City, the
Town Information .............. 786-2900        Maine-Endwell, Union-Endicott, and Johnson City School Districts, have also
Assessor......................... 786-2905      enthusiastically adopted the same resolution that approves this exemption. Broome
Attorney ......................... 786-2910     County has also been asked to participate.
Clerk ............................. 786-2915
Code Enforcement/Permits... 786-2920            This is an outstanding program that should encourage residents to maintain and
Community Development .... 786-2925             improve their properties. The Town has adopted the exemption for a one year peri-
Comptroller/Finance .......... 786-2930         od, in an effort to encourage property owners to improve their homes and enhance
Data Processing ............... 786-2935        their neighborhoods.
Dog Control ..................... 786-2940
   Emergency Calls ............. 786-2941       An application must be filed between January 1, 2011 and March 1, 2011 to
Economic Development ...... 786-2945            receive the exemption.
Engineering/Public Works.... 786-2950
Highway ......................... 786-2955
                                                Don’t hesitate to call the Town of Union Assessor’s office at 786-2905 if you have
   Nights/Weekends/Holidays .. 786-2956         any questions.
Historian ........................ 754-2739
Human Resources ............. 786-2938           Summary PointS
Justice ........................... 786-2965     Only 1 & 2 family homes qualify
Parks & Recreation............ 786-2970
Planning & Zoning............. 786-2975          Value of the improvement must exceed $3,000
Refuse/Recycling .............. 786-2980         The greater portion of the property, (that part prior to the project),
Section 8 Rental                                 must be at least 5 years old
   Assistance (HUD) ........... 786-2985
                                                 Ordinary maintenance and repairs do not qualify
Sewer ............................ 786-2990
   Nights/Weekends/Holidays .. 786-2991          Exemption ends immediately if the property is sold (other than to family)
Supervisor ...................... 786-2995       Maximum value of improvement that qualifies is $80,000
Tax Collector (Broome County).. 778-2169
Town Board ..................... 786-2997        Work completed between March 1, 2010 and March 1, 2011 for permits
Town Fax ........................ 786-2998       issued after March 1, 2010 will qualify

                                                         Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make that improvement
                                                       you’ve been dreaming of! Visit the Town of Union website for more                                         information and the application.
CommErCIal ProPErTIEs                                Proposed Unified Zoning ordinance Project
rPTl 485-b Property Tax                              The Town of Union and the Villages of Johnson City and Endicott are
                                                     working on a Unified Zoning Ordinance for the Town of Union. The
Exemption in Targeted areas                          project is being funded by a New York State Department of State Local
The Town of Union has also approved an               Government Efficiency Grant. A steering committee has been appointed
exemption for improvements to commercial             by each municipality and the staff from the Town and both Villages are
properties in certain targeted areas within the      drafting a code that will be approved by the Town and the two Villages.
Town. The current areas include parts of             The project is expected to be completed and the new code adopted by
E. Main Street, Watson Boulevard, Reynolds           January 1, 2011.
Road, and Harry L Drive. If you are planning         The unified code will provide a single set of zoning regulations for the
an improvement to your commercial property,          entire Town of Union, rather than each municipality having their own
please call our office at 786-2905 to see if you     set of regulations. The code will provide continuity and uniformity in the
qualify since the targeted areas are limited.        placement of buildings, signage, landscaping, and other site development
Special requirements include:                        issues. The Unified Code project is a result of previous surveys of Town
                                                     and Village residents stating that there should be uniformity in the adminis-
• Minimum expenditures for new construction,         tration and enforcement of Town and Village codes.
  renovations, or alterations
                                                     Once the unified code is adopted, a Townwide Code Enforcement
• The completed project must generate addi-          Department is expected to be formed. The Town and two Villages have
  tional tax revenue to the taxing authorities       received a second grant from the New York State Department of State
                                                     Local Government Efficiency Grant Program to assist in startup costs in
• The subject site must be verified, prior to con-
                                                     forming the new department. Much work has been accomplished by the
  struction, to be within the required geographic
                                                     Code staff from the Town and the two Villages in the preparation of the
                                                     unified department.
• The NYS 485-b exemption application must
                                                     More information on the Unified Zoning Ordinance is available on the
  be filed with the Town of Union Assessor
                                                     Town of Union website. Once on the website, click on the Planning
  between January 1 and March 1 of any year
                                                     Department, and then the Unified Zoning Ordinance project. If you have
  work has progressed in the prior twelve month
                                                     any questions, please feel free to call the Town of Union Code Enforcement
• The exemption lasts for ten years. The first
  year it is 50% of the assessment increase for
  the improvement. It then is reduced 5% each
  year through its term.

                      Check out what’s new with Parks and Recreation

                          Check out these upcoming events for spring and summer!
    • Easter Egg Hunt, March 27 at 1pm at Glendale Park for children ages 3-7
    •	 youth t-ball and underhand Program 	Co-ed	instructional	league	designed	to	introduce	children	
       to	baseball.		Children	learn	the	fundamentals	of	hitting,	base	running	and	fielding.		T-ball	ages	4-6	or	
       Underhand	ages	6	–	8.		Season	starts	May	3rd
    •	 youth Kick and run Program		Co-ed	instructional	league	to	introduce	children	to	baseball,	and	soccer.	
       Ages	4	and	5.
    •	 youth Soccer Coed	non-competitive	instructional	league	ages	5-12.		Games	played	on	Saturdays	
       beginning	May	1.
    •	 adult Co-ed Softball	Sunday	and	weekday	leagues	available!
    •	 Look	out	for	our	new	adult Fitness Programs
    •	 adult yoga and no Fear yoga		Day	and	evening	programs	available.		All	levels	are	welcome.
    •	 adult Boot Camp		Total	workout	customized	for	you.
    •	 adult and youth Golf Lessons	at	Endwell	Greens.

     2010 Father daughter ball pictures now online:
           don’t forget registration for the all new summer Fun Club begins may 10th!
       For more information go to or call us at 786-2970
                      RemoVe & SaVe all thRee pageS

                                                                                                                            Town of union residents excluding villages
                                 sEWEr DEParTmENT
                   The following information applies only to properties outside the
                      boundaries of the Villages of Johnson City and Endicott.
   Sewer Line Plugs
   1. The Sewer Department cleans plugged sewer lateral lines, from the Town of Union right-of-way to main line,
      free of charge.
   2. The Sewer Department cleans plugged sewer laterals, from clean out closest to Town of Union right-of-way to
      the main line, for a $70.00 charge.

   Sewer Gas Smell
   The Sewer Department investigates all reports of sewer gas at no charge to the property owner. This service is pro-
   vided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

   Sanitary Sewer mains
   The Sewer Department inspects, cleans, repairs and maintains all sanitary sewer mains in the Town of Union.
   Report all main line problems (i.e.: sink holes in road, water coming out of manhole, broken or missing manhole
   covers, etc.).

   Septic tanks
   The Town of Union provides a septic tank pumping for residents with full septic tanks. This service is provided
   once every 2 years at no cost to the property owner. Call the office to schedule and appointment at 786-2990.
   Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. • 786-2990
   emergenCies: Nights, Weekends and Holidays • 786-2991

                                WaTEr DEParTmENT
   The Town of Union has one water district, the Choconut Center district. Concerns or emergencies in this district
   should be reported by calling (607) 786-2315.
   Water concerns or emergencies for the remainder of the Town of Union should be reported to the responsible
   agencies listed below:
             • Westover, Fairmont Park call Village of Johnson City: (607) 797-2523
             • All other areas, call Village of Endicott: for billing: (607) 757-2443
                                                          for service: (607) 757-2445

BROWN WATER – Coming out of faucets or in toilets is a result of pressure changes in the water main. Allowing the
water to settle, or running the COLD water until the water clears is usually all that is required to rectify the problem.
do not call the sewer department or highway department emergency numbers for brown water in your system.
Water emergencies (brown water is not considered an emergency) should be reported to the appropriate number listed
For complete information, visit

                  Village Residents should call their respective
                 municipalities for their public works information.                                                                                                                 3
                                                                  RemoVe & SaVe all thRee pageS

                                                     2010 rEFUsE/rECYClING INFormaTIoN
                                                              The following information applies only to properties outside the
                                                                 boundaries of the Villages of Johnson City and Endicott.
Town of union residents excluding villages
                                              Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. • (607) 786-2980
                                              Refuse/Recycling pick-up begins at 6:00 a.m., materials must be out behind the curb line by then.
                                              • No more than six cans or items per parcel.
                                              • No cans larger than 33 gallons in volume, heavier than 50 lbs, or with attached lids, or garbage in card-
                                                board boxes will be collected. No auto parts, furnaces or ashes will be collected.
                                              • Corrugated cardboard must be flattened and tied in manageable bundles.
                                              • Regular refuse pick-up is conducted Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. When a Town observed
                                                Holiday falls on your refuse collection day, your refuse and recycling will be collected on Wednesday of
                                                that week. There will be no Wednesday yard waste collected that week.
                                              The Town-observed Holidays are:           April 2           September 6              November 25
                                                                                        May 31             October 11              November 26
                                                                                        July 5            November 11              December 24
                                              Carpeting will be collected with your garbage. It must be bundled, no longer than six (6) feet, no heavier than
                                              50 pounds. Padding must be prepared the same as carpeting.
                                              Yard Waste Collection: Starts the week of April 5, 2010 and ends November 4, 2010.
                                              Yard waste will be collected curbside. Grass and leaves must be in garbage cans, not to exceed 33 gallons
                                              in volume, no heavier than 50 pounds. NO BAGS OR CARDBOARD BOXES WILL BE ALLOWED.
                                              Brush and branches must be tied in manageable bundles, no longer than 6 feet, no heavier than 50 pounds. No
                                              brush from tree removal or site clearing will be collected.
                                              Christmas Trees: Live Christmas trees (no tree bags) must be taken to Highland Park, Glendale Park, William Hill
                                              Park or Choconut Park during normal business hours, by February 1 for disposal.
                                              Appliances\White goods, (refrigerators, stoves, etc.) Will be picked up separately. White goods pick-up must
                                              be requested by phoning 786-2980. White goods are collected according to personnel and equipment availabil-
                                              ity, please allow 2-3 weeks for pick-up.
                                              Tire Disposal: Tire disposal permits may be obtained from the clerks office. The fee is $ 2.00 per tire 16” and
                                              smaller and $ 3.00 per tires 17”– 42”, disposal is at our C&D facility on Scarborough Drive. Some restrictions
                                              apply. Call 786-2980 for more information.
                                              Construction & Demolition debris or oversized items (swing sets, metal desks, plumbing fixtures, etc.) must
                                              be taken to the Refuse Garage, located on Scarborough Dr. (behind the Crossroads Diner on Main St.).
                                              Construction & Demolition material from contractors or tradesmen will not be accepted. No household gar-
                                              bage accepted.
                                              LIMITS: One (1) visit per month with up to a maximum of one cubic yard (average car trunk full).
                                                      You must show proof of residency (you must live in the Town of Union, except Johnson City)
                                                      Example: Drivers license with your address

                                                          SUMMER HOURS:            Tuesday-Friday: 8 a.m.– 4:15 p.m. • Saturday: 8 a.m.–11:45 a.m.
                                             C&D          (APR. - NOV.)            CLOSED FOR LUNCH, 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m.
                                             YARD         WINTER HOURS:            Tuesday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. • Saturday: 8 a.m.–11:45 a.m.
                                                          (NOV. - APR.)            CLOSED FOR LUNCH: 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m.

                                              For complete information, visit

                                                              Village Residents should call their respective
                                                             municipalities for their public works information.

                                                                                                                       Town of union residents excluding villages
                 RemoVe & SaVe all thRee pageS

              The following information applies only to properties outside the
                 boundaries of the Villages of Johnson City and Endicott.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. • (607) 786-2955 • Fax: 786-2934
Dispatcher: Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. • (607) 786-2958

Nights 4pm –6am/Weekends/Holidays: 786-2956

Beginning the second full week of April until the end of June, tree limbs from minor trimming or storm damage
with a diameter between 2” – 6” stacked neatly with the larger end facing the street can be chipped by calling
786-2958. Fall chipping will commence the first full week of September and run until the 1st week of October.
LIVE CHRISTMAS TREES: See Refuse Department Information page
NOTE: Chipping is provided as a courtesy and we only allow approximately 5 minutes per stop.
The following will not be chipped:
1. Any tree taken down by homeowner or contractor.
2. Any trees/branches from land or lot clearing.
3. Tree or shrub roots or any logs larger than 6” in diameter. Any branches less than 2” in diameter must be
   tied in a manageable bundle, no longer than 6’ in length, weighing no more than 50 lbs.
These bundles will be collected by the Refuse Dept. as yard waste (see Refuse Dept. Information)

1. The Town of Union Highway Dept. provides loose-leaf pickup beginning around the middle of October.
2. Leaves only should be deposited in the roadway (no branches or brush). Do not put leaves in drainage or
   ditches, according to Local Law.
3. Leaf pickup will continue, weather permitting, until collection is complete. The Highway Dept. collects
   loose leaves in the fall only. Debris from spring clean up, as well as any leftover from fall, must not be depos-
   ited in the roadway. Residents are required to put debris in cans for yard waste pickup (see Refuse Dept.

sNoW & ICE rEmoVal
1. The Town provides snow and ice control to promote safe vehicular travel during the winter months. Snow
   removal efforts include snow plowing and when necessary in congested areas, loading snow into trucks to be
   hauled away. Town crews plow main roads first, and then the secondary roads. There is no parking allowed
   on the streets of the Town of Union after two inches of new snow has fallen. All vehicles left on roadways
   will be ticketed and/or towed, at the owner’s risk and expense.
2. Town Highway Law allows for a $100.00 penalty for depositing snow and ice on any road or highway.
3. Highway Law states that municipalities are not responsible for damage to any mailboxes.

sTormWaTEr INFormaTIoN
The Town of Union is a regulated MS4 under the Phase II Storm Water Regulations. For information click on
the Storm Water Phase II link on our web page.

For complete information, visit

             Village Residents should call their respective
            municipalities for their public works information.                                                                                                                5
From the Supervisor…
John Bernardo
    Each year the Town Board spends significant quality time reviewing prior year’s activities and updating our long-term goals for
    the coming years. It is our ultimate goal to provide the highest level of service at the lowest possible cost to all of our residents.
    Our focus is on a number of exciting projects which, when complete, will fulfill several of the long-term goals established by the
    Town Board, including:
    Public Works                                                         Parks
    Infrastructure Modeling                                              Dog Park
    An inventory of all town roadways and storm and waste                The creation of a dog park is being considered by the Town
    water sewers is being compiled on the town’s CAD system              Board and we are seeking input from our residents with
    and a plan will be put in place to continue the management           respect to this exciting new idea.
    process and systematically improve and replace our infra-
    structure. A long-term plan will become part of our annual           Parks Committee
    road and infrastructure rating system, which will methodi-           The Town Board is also looking for suggestions to enhance
    cally begin the replacement of these older systems.                  our parks. Data collected by the town will be combined with
                                                                         ideas from our staff and residents and given to our new re-
    Fairmont Park Floodwall Project                                      established Parks Committee, which will be responsible for
    The Fairmont Park Floodwall plans are underway as we                 advising the Town Board on ways to make our parks even
    await the release of the federal funds awarded. Design for           better than they are today.
    this floodwall is in the early stages and as funds are released
    by the Federal Government, we will complete this project as           Finance
    quickly as possible.
    Unified Code                                                          The Town Board is committed to evaluating our entire cost
    The Unified Code project is well underway, and when com-              structure and identifying those areas where costs can be cut,
    plete will eventually bring continuity to code requirements           without jeopardizing the level of service our residents are
    across the entire town, including the villages. In addition,          accustomed to. We have been successful over the last several
    the enhancement of our code enforcement database includ-              years in reducing our expenses and see a large number of
    ing a registry of all local owner and/or responsible parties will     opportunities as we move into 2010.
    assist us in enforcing our property maintenance code.
    Street Lighting                                                       Department heads in all areas of the town have been asked to
    A pilot program of replacing outdated and inefficient street          review their operations, with an eye on creating a more effi-
    light technology with high powered and efficient induction            cient organization at each and every level. The responsiveness
    lights is in the testing stage. We believe this new technology        from our department heads has been excellent and we plan
    will lead to substantial savings in the years to come.                to implement many of their suggestions as we continue to
                                                                          reinvent our organization.
    Planning & Economic Development
    CDBG Funding                                                          The town has been successful in the last several years with
    Funds from our Community Development Block Grant will                 grant awards covering the costs of many different projects
    be used for the total reconstruction of three (3) streets this        throughout the community. We plan to continue to apply
    year, one being the much needed Metz Avenue in Endwell,               for grants for one-time capital type projects in order to
    along with substantial projects in each of our villages.              minimize the outlay of local funds for these projects.
    Economic Incentive Programs                                           The Town Board has been quite successful over the last sev-
    In order to encourage development in our commercial cor-              eral years in keeping our overall tax rate in check, with a zero
    ridors, economic incentives (like the 485b commercial incen-          percent increase in the last two years. We attribute this suc-
    tive program) have been successful in bringing about facelifts        cess to a number of factors including a conservative approach
    to tired main street areas of the town, including sections of         to budgeting and operations as well as a commitment by the
    Harry L Drive and Watson Boulevard. This and other incen-             Board, our Department Heads and Employees to operate
    tive programs are targeted specifically at areas in need of           in the most efficient manner possible. We will continue to
    reinvestment.                                                         strive toward greater efficiencies in order to make the Town
                                                                          as affordable a community as possible in the coming years.

        Code Enforcement and Permits Department
For Part Town Properties:
Office Hours: Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.                                                Village of Endicott Code: 757-2465
Telephone: 786-2920 Fax Number: 786-2320                                                 Village of Johnson City Code: 729-2047
email: or
HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS: As spring approaches, many people start planning home improvements. To determine if
the work you are planning requires a building permit, contact the building and code office prior to starting any work. The Town is
required to enforce the NYS Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code. With this new code, the requirements for a building permit
have changed. Call and talk to a Building Inspector while you are planning your improvements to facilitate the permit process.

               WHaT TYPE oF CoNsTrUCTIoN rEQUIrEs a BUIlDING PErmIT?
  The activities that require a building permit are numerous. The following is a list of activities that DO NOT require a permit:
    • Re-Shingling
    • Driveways, aluminum storm windows (same size replacement only), gutters and downspouts
    • Fences – call for setbacks and height restrictions
  If you are unsure about needing a building permit for your project, please call us at 786-2920.
  HoW DoEs a PErsoN aPPlY For a BUIlDING PErmIT?
  A building permit application, which is available in the Code Enforcement/Permits Department and on-line, must be submitted along
  with a plot plan to be reviewed by the building inspector. In addition to the plot plan, building construction plans must be submitted for
  any alteration or enlargement, modification or new construction. If the cost of construction exceeds $10,000.00 or the utilization of 1,500
  sq. feet, or both, the construction plans must be stamped by a registered architect or licensed professional engineer. For new construction,
  all utility connections must be shown.
  ASBESTOS SURVEY–NYS Code Rule 56 requires an asbestos survey on a home or building constructed before January 1, 1974
  prior to the issuance of a building permit for demolition, remodeling, renovations or repairs. The only exception to this rule is for a
  single family, owner occupied dwelling, where the owner performs the work.

   The current NYS Code requires that yards shall be maintained to a height less than 10 inches. Failure to maintain yards can
   result in the issuance of a violation notice and the work being performed by a contractor hired by the Town. If this happens,
   property owners will receive a bill for the work from the Code Enforcement Office.

   The current NYS Building Code has stricter requirements for smoke detectors. Although most requirements are for new construc-
   tion and housing maintenance (rental units), there are rules that affect single-family, owner-occupied dwellings when a certificate of
   compliance is a requirement for selling the property. The previous code only required that smoke detectors be placed outside each
   sleeping area. Under the current code a smoke detector is now also required inside each sleeping area, inside the cellar/basement and
   in attic spaces if they are habitable. Carbon Monoxide Detectors are now required in structures built prior to January, 2008 within
   each dwelling unit or sleeping unit, on the lowest story having a sleeping area. Carbon monoxide alarms shall not be located within
   or near the openings to garages, bathrooms or furnace rooms. Carbon monoxide alarms shall also not be located in or near locations
   specified as ‘prohibited,’ ‘not recommended’ or the like in the manufacturer’s installation instructions. Compliance with this sec-
   tion is not required where no carbon monoxide source is located within or attached to the structure. A ‘carbon monoxide source’
   includes fuel fired appliances, equipment, devices and systems; solid fuel burning appliances, equipment, devices and systems; all
   other appliances, equipment, devices and systems that may emit carbon monoxide; fireplaces; garages; and all other motor vehicle-
   related occupancies. The rules for structures built after January 1, 2008 are different.

   The NYS Code requires that buildings have address numbers placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street
   or road fronting the property. These numbers shall contrast with their background and be at least 4 inches in height.

   Inflatable swimming Pools
   During the past couple of summers, the popularity of inflatable swimming pools has increased dramatically. These pools are
   inexpensive and convenient; however, many people are not aware that these inflatable pools are subject to many of the same
   regulations as permanent swimming pools.
   1. A building permit is required for the installation of a swimming pool.
   2. Barriers, such as fences, are required around all swimming pools. The only exception is if the pool is designed to contain
      water less than 24 inches deep.
   3. The barrier must be at least 48” in height. For above ground pools, the sidewall of the pool may be used as part of the barrier
      as long as the walls are at least 48” above the ground and the access ladder is secured.
   4. Swimming Pools must meet the minimum side yard and rear yard setback requirements for the zoning district they are located
   5. Pool Alarms – Every swimming pool that is installed, constructed or substantially modified after December 14, 2006 must be
      equipped with an approved pool alarm. Contact the office to obtain information on requirements and any exceptions.            7
                                                                                                                         PRSRT STD
                                                                                                                        U.S. Postage
                  3111 E. Main Street
                  Endwell, NY 13760-5990                                                                               Permit No. 300
                                                                                                                       Binghamton, NY

    open Burning and recreational Fires
    Effective on October 14, 2009, all open burning is prohibited in New York with several exceptions including the following:
    •   Recreational fires shall not be conducted within 25 feet (7620 mm) of a structure or combustible material. Conditions
    which could cause a fire to spread within 25 feet (7620 mm) of a structure shall be eliminated prior to ignition.
    •   Small cooking fires are allowed.
    •   Fires cannot be left unattended and must be fully extinguished.
    •   Only charcoal or clean, dry, untreated or unpainted wood can be burned.
    •   Ceremonial or celebratory bonfires are allowed.

    Call BEForE YoU DIG!!
    Every person and/or contractor doing any type of digging must call Dig Safely New York at 1-800-962-7962 at least two (2)
    full working days prior to digging. Personnel from Dig Safely will have two (2) working days to locate and mark all of the
    buried lines within 15 feet of the proposed work site. This service is free. When you call, you will be asked to provide specific
    information including, name, address, nearest intersecting streets, whether the work is within 500’ of a traffic signal, applicable
    phone numbers, means of excavating, etc. Penalties for noncompliance are severe.

    DoG CoNTrol
    Office Hours:
    Monday ......... 8:00 am–10:00 p.m.       Friday ....... 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
    Tuesday ......... 8:00 am–4:00 p.m.       Saturday.... 9:00 a.m.–5 p.m.
    Wednesday .... 8:00 am–4:00 p.m.          Sunday ...... 9:00 a.m.–5 p.m.
    Thursday ....... 8:00 am–10:00 p.m.
    Office Phone: 786-2940
    Emergency Phone: 786-2941
    Emergency calls are defined as dog bites when the owner of a dog is unknown or injured dogs when the owner of the dog is
    unknown. These are the only calls that dog control officers are authorized to respond to during non-office hours.
    Reminder: Dogs over four months old need to be licensed. Dogs are not permitted to run at large on public or private prop-
    erty without being leashed. If your dog defecates on public or private property that you do not own, you must remove it.
    Animal Cruelty or neglect cases are investigated by the police or Humane Society (724-3709).


To top