Chapter 17 Answer Key
___1. A slide background fill variation that combines theme colors in different intensities.
___2. A theme that determines the font applied to two types of slide text—headings and
___3. The font applied to slide titles.
___4. The font applied to all slide text except titles.
___5. Effects used to introduce individual slide elements so that the slide can progress one
element at a time.
___6. Animations that bring a slide element onto the screen.
___7. A list that indicates the animation effects applied to slide items.
___8. Animation options that include changing the direction of an effect and playing a
sound when an animation takes place.
___9. A format for information that organizes and presents text and data in columns and
___10. The intersection of a column and row.
___11. Formatting applied to an entire table so that it is consistent with the presentation
___12. A graphic representation of numeric data.
___13. A type of chart used to compare data.
___14. A combination of the column letter and row number identifying a cell.
___15. A chart element that identifies the patterns or colors that are assigned to the
categories in the chart.
A Animation effects
B Background style
C Body font
E Cell reference
G Column chart
H Custom animation list
I Effect options
J Entrance effects
K Font theme
L Headings font
O Table style
Fill in the Blank
1. To help an audience understand numeric data and trends, insert a(n) _______ or a(n)
_______ on a slide.
2. The charts most commonly used in PowerPoint presentations are _________, _____,
______, and _____.
3. When the background graphics interfere with slide content, you can ______ the
4. When you insert a picture on a slide background, it is a good idea to choose a picture that
has a(n) _______ area in which you can overlay a text box or title.
5. When you apply a new font theme to the presentation, the text on every slide is updated
with the new __________ and ______ fonts.
6. Animation effects focus the audience’s attention, providing the speaker with an opportunity
to emphasize an important point using the slide element as an effective ________ _____.
7. The most efficient method of animating a SmartArt graphic is to use one of the choices in
the ___________ ______.
8. When you are delivering a presentation, you display the shortcut menu, and then point to
______________ to view a list of the slides in the presentation.
9. You can modify the layout of a table by inserting or deleting _________ and ______.
10. The document matching styles provide the best choices for coordinating the table with the
11. When you create a chart in PowerPoint, the chart data is stored in a(n) _______ worksheet.
12. In a chart, categories of data are identified by __________ ________.
13. A chart value that originates in a worksheet cell is a(n) ______ _______.
14. A group of related data points is a(n) ______ ________.
15. A column, bar, area, dot, pie slice, or other symbol in a chart that represents a single data
point is a(n) ______ _________.