Billiard Congress of America
27 National 8-Ball Championships
Riviera Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada
May 9-17, 2003
Event Check-In Begins Competition Starts* Competition Ends
Master May 8, noon May 9, 9 a.m. May 13, TBD
Open May 8, noon May 9, 9 a.m. May 13, TBD
All Singles May 9, 9 a.m. May 10, 9 a.m. May 13, TBD
Open May 11, noon May 14, 9 a.m. May 17, TBD
Master May 14, noon May 15, 9 a.m. May 17, TBD
Trophy May 14, noon May 15, 9 a.m. May 17, TBD
*Player meeting held immediately before competition begins. Be at your assigned table.
Second Chance May 16, 9 a.m. Competition start 2:00 p.m. (approximate)
Speed & Artistic Pool**
Speed Pool #1 May 9, 10 a.m. May 13, 4 p.m.
Speed Pool #2 May 14, 10 a.m. May 17, 3 p.m.
Artistic Pool May 14, 10 a.m. May 17, 2 p.m.
**Register and pay for Special Events at special event site, not at the BCA check-in desk.
Divisions & Entry Fees
Divisions Early Entry Fee Standard Entry Fee Race To
(postmarked by 3/24/03) (3/25/03 – 4/7/03)
Open Men’s Singles $125 $150 5
Open Women’s Singles $125 $150 4
Senior Men’s Singles $125 $150 5
Senior Women’s Singles $125 $150 4
Super Senior Men’s Singles $125 $150 5
Master Men’s Singles $175 $200 7
Master Women’s Singles $175 $200 7
Scotch Doubles $100 $125 4/3
Master Scotch Doubles $150 $175 5/4
Open Men’s/Mixed Teams $250 $275 13
Open Women’s Teams $250 $275 8
Master Men’s/Mixed Teams $500 $525 13
Master Women’s Teams $500 $525 13
Trophy Men’s/Mixed Teams $125 $150 13
Trophy Women’s Teams $125 $150 8
Artistic Pool Challenge $10 Pay on site
Speed Pool Challenges $10 Pay on site
Second-Chance Team Tournaments $50 Pay on site
• All league players must have played in a minimum of eight full, regularly scheduled league matches in
the same league division over at least eight calendar weeks during a sanctioned session (example: 5
games per night, 40 games per session) and must be deemed an active player by the league operator in
order to participate in national competition.
• Sanctioned player membership must be current for the entire month of May 2003. Sanctioned player
member dues are $25 annually.
• All players must meet amateur status requirements (please see BCA Pro Players List at www.bca-
• Players must be able to show picture ID and a valid U.S. Social Security Number or Canadian Social
• Only BCA league players and sanctioned player members may participate in singles events.
• Only qualified BCA league players may participate in Scotch Doubles and team events.
Travel and Lodging
• Air Travel
Garden of the Gods Travel
Toll Free: (800) 347-9002
• Car Rental
Call Avis at (800) 698-5685 – Use BCA Member Code: T103200 and ask for the “best possible rate”.
The Riviera Hotel & Casino
2901 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Toll Free: (800) 634-6753
Rate: $70 per night, plus tax (up to four-person occupancy)
Singles Competition **NEW REVISIONS FOR 2003 DRESS CODE**
• Men must wear sleeved shirts of polo/golf style or button-down style with a conventional fold-over
collar. Women must wear sleeved shirts or blouses of polo/golf style or conventional style with a fold-
over collar. Absolutely no t-shirts allowed. Absolutely no head-gear allowed. Absolutely no sweats,
warm-up suits or jogging suits allowed.
• Men must wear long pants, either dress pants or neat, clean, untorn jeans. Women may wear dress pants,
Capri-style pants, or neat, clean, untorn jeans. Women may also wear culottes, skirts or dresses of
• Men and women must wear clean, neat, close-toed shoes at all times. Should a player require a footwear
exception for medical reasons, the player must provide a letter on official letterhead from the player’s
health care provider before the tournament.
Changes were made to the singles competition dress code and will affect other divisions accordingly.
BCA Open 9-Ball Championships
Will Charlie Williams and Karen Corr defend their titles, or will new champions be crowned? See the top 64
men and 64 women compete for $160,000 in prize money and the title of Billiard Congress of America Open
9-Ball Champion, May 11-17, 2003 at the Riviera Hotel & Casino. THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!
Tickets will go on sale February 1, 2003. Event schedule, ticket prices and ordering information are available
on our web site: www.bca-pool.com.