C-765 Firmware Upgrade Version 79
1. Save the firmware to your hard drive.
2. Extract the file fir77779.bin from C765_777-79.exe and rename the bin file to
3. Formatted a card in the camera.
Create a folder “firmware” and save the firmware.bin file to the firmware folder.
Save the firmware folder to the root of memory card. Note, you do not have to delete the
4. Use freshly charged batteries or an AC adapter.
Insert the card with the firmware into the C-765 and turn the camera on in play mode.
5. The LCD display will show the current firmware version.
Then select “YES” (“Yes” will be green) and press “OK”, rewriting of firmware will start
6. During the rewriting of firmware “EXCHANGING” is displayed on monitor.
It will take a couple of minutes to complete. Please do not operate any key or turn off the
power. It might damage the camera and firmware.
7. When the rewriting is done the monitor will show the latest firmware for a spit second
and the camera will show the Yes/No screen again. Select NO, press OK and turn the
Upgrades Fixes Include:
Version 76 to 77
1 LCD abnormality, part of LCD doesn't display.
Failure can be reproduced by following the procedure below.
Turn Mode Dial to Full Auto Mode and press OK button to display top menu.
Display menu by pressing Self/Remote button or Macro/Spot button or popping up the
strobe. If press left key before menu automatically disappears and top menu appears,
part of menu is not displayed.
2 Self LED keeps blinking after the firmware up-date completed.
Due to this failure Ver.777-77 will never be used.
Version 77 to 78
On Movie mode, zoom does not operate with Microphone-off.
Version 78 to 79
Editing a movie may cause the LCD to blackout. LCD monitor turns off after card format wizard is
displayed if OK button is pressed after editing.
Flash stand-by mark on LCD monitor doesn’t appear.
he failure could be reproduced by the following procedure.
1. Set the flash to UP-position.
2.Change shooting mode to Movie record from another mode under low-light situation in which
the flash would fire while keeping the shutter button pressed halfway down.
3. Set the flash down once and up again. Flash stand-by mark doesn’t appear.
After the procedure above, the flash fires and a still picture would be taken by pressing shutter
After the card is got full by taking pictures at Panorama mode, Exif information of the picture
would be recorded as Panorama picture when still picture is taken after format or exchange the
Focuses incorrectly under low-light situation when zoom is set to telephoto.