ASDC Southwest- Program Facilitator
The Alberta Sport Development Centre Southwest is currently seeking an energetic
individual for the role of Program Facilitator.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Facilitator will assist in the planning,
development, monitoring and evaluation of various Centre programs and services,
including the Athlete Enhancement Program, Winning Edge Seminars, Performance
Profiling and High Performance Training.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary support and contact for all coaches, athletes and parents who are
participating in the Athlete Enhancement Program and Coaching Mentorship Program
• Coordinate, execute and/or supervise the delivery of services to athletes and coaches;
including Performance Profiling, High Performance training and Biomechanical
Analysis using Dartfish
• Coordinate requests for sport science services including, metabolic testing, sport
psychology and nutrition services
• Develop relationships with various community members and sport organizations in
• Maintain strong working relationships with external providers to ASDC programs
• Assist in budget development for ASDC programs
• Attend board and ASDC Network meetings as required, and assist with ASDC
Southwest special events
Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Kinesiology or equivalent. CPR/First Aid
Certifications in Group; CEP or CPT designation or near completion. ACSM, ARPA,
CPRA, AFLCA, CSEP, Can-Fit Pro or equivalent Fitness/Recreation Memberships
would be an asset. Preference will be given to candidates who possess experience in
working with individual and team sport athletes and coaches, sport organizations and/or
Candidate should have demonstrated experience in performance testing and
biomechanical analysis using Dartfish.
A Class 5 driver’s license is a must for this position.
Position Type: Full-time, (1) year contract; continuous based on external funding
Those interested in this opportunity should apply in writing by August 4, 2009 to:
Human Resources, 6th Floor City Hall, 910 4th Avenue S., Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 0P6;
fax (403)320-9369 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this is not a City of Lethbridge position.