Moscow Covered Bridge Reconstruction Committee “The bridge” The Moscow Covered Bridge was completed in November 1886 by E. L. Kennedy. This two-span covered bridge measured 345 feet long and was erected over the Flatrock River in Rush County. Restoration of the bridge was completed in 1990 and 2002 to increase the weight capacity and to repair deteriorating structural members. Phptograph by Galen R. Frysinger www.galenfrysinger.com The Moscow Covered Bridge was a local landmark in the small town of Moscow. Every summer since 1986, the 100th anniversary of the Phptograph by Galen R. Frysinger www.galenfrysinger.com construction of the bridge, the local community has held the Moscow Covered Bridge Festival in the month of June. The three day festival includes a parade, musical entertainment, vendors and much more. On June 3, 2008, a devastating tornado swept through Moscow, Indiana and the surrounding community, destroying or severely damaging many homes and buildings, including the old Moscow Phptograph by Jerry Sitton School building. The force of the tornado dislodged the bridge from its abutments and sent it crashing into the Flatrock River below. Immediately following the storm, the County Commisioners took swift action to salvage and preserve as much of the bridge’s structure as possible with the hope of rebuilding the bridge in its original Phptograph by Jerry Sitton location.
Pages to are hidden for
"bridge"Please download to view full document