Fundamentals of SASI
SASI Modules Globe
Double click the SASI
icon located on your desktop
The SASI login screen
Input your SASI
User ID and Password
as assigned to you by
SASI Modules Globe
(contains folders by category)
(for use with Query)
Double click the SASI Modules Globe
The SASI menu will open
NOTE: Available folders will vary based on user security rights
Double click the appropriate folder to access
a menu of available “atoms”
Double click the desired icon to open
a specific atom. The Student Atom,
found in the Student Info folder,
is shown below.
Each user may determine their viewing method
ICON or NAME
Select “View by Icon” or “View by Name”
from the FILE menu on the menubar
DROPDOWN ** TAB ** SCROLL BAR
These features alert the user of additional fields within the atom.
Click the available feature to “turn the page”.
Whittaker Little Bit
A toolbar is a vertical row of buttons located
on the left side of the SASI desktop. It is
created by the user and contains shortcuts
to frequently used atoms. Simply click the
shortcut to open the desired atom.
1. Click the drop-down arrow above the scroll arrows
on the tool bar.
2. Select “New Toolbar”. A window will appear which
prompts the user to input the name of this toolbar.
Type the name then press OK. The assigned name
will appear at the top of a blank toolbar.
3. Add atoms to the toolbar by opening the correct
folder, click once and hold mouse key on the target
atom, then drag-and-drop the atom onto the
desired button on the toolbar.
4. Save the toolbar by clicking on FILE on the menu bar.
Select “Save Desktop”.
5. Repeat the process to create additional toolbars.
6. You may move from one toolbar by using the scroll
arrows or by clicking the down arrow and selecting
the desired toolbar to view.
1. Place the cursor on the shortcut
2. Press and hold the Alt key and
the left mouse button
3. Drag-and-drop the shortcut onto
the eraser located at the lower
right corner of the SASI desktop.
The “trash” underneath the eraser
indicates contents within the eraser.
You may empty the trash by selecting
“Clean Eraser on Desktop” located in
FILE on the menubar.
There are two ways to properly exit SASI:
1. Select QUIT from FILE on the menubar
2. Use the shortcut by pressing the keys “CTRL” and “Q”
NEVER USE THE “X” IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER TO EXIT SASI
Multiple Open Windows
1. Open the Student Atom, click the magnifying
glass at the bottom of the window to go into
“find” mode. The FIND button will appear.
2. Type at least part of the student’s last
name in the appropriate field and click
3. Data for the first student with the corresponding
last name will appear. If this is not the
correct student, click the scroll arrow
to view the next student.
4. Repeat this process until the correct
student’s data is available.
5. You may type the entire last name and
first name or the Student ID to avoid
scrolling through various students. NOTE: This process may be used
6. Click CLOSE or the “X” in the upper right
within most SASI atoms.
corner to exit the Student Atom.
Kidd Darby Shaw
Kidd Darby Shaw
Numerous windows may be open
simultaneously in SASI. When
a student’s record is accessed
in any atom, the next atom(s)
opened will default to the same
Click CLOSE or “X” in the upper Kidd Darby Shaw
right corner to close the atom.
A matrix is a quick method of viewing all students or
students of specific gender and/or ethnicity, etc.
1. Click the magnifying glass to go
into “FIND” mode.
2. Place an asterick (*) in target
fields and/or select an item
from a dropdown menu.
3. Press FIND to view resulting
NOTE: Menu selections and astericks may be placed
in available fields on multiple pages of an atom.
How to sort the matrix
1. Highlight the target column by clicking once on the column header
2. Double-click (left button) the column header to sort the data in ascending order
3. Double-click (right button) the column header to sort the data in descending order
How to print an active window
1. Select PRINT from FILE on the menubar
2. The “Print Selection” window will appear
with format “A Window” tagged
3. Change the “Printout Title” as needed
4. Press OK if the active window displays
entire data list as shown in the example
5. Select format “An Expanded Window”
if the scroll bar is needed to view
6. Press OK
7. The printer selection window will appear,
select correct printer, press OK
Opening individual atoms will
prompt new headers on the
menu bar. In this example,
STUDENT appears and allows
access to various reports such
- Student Directory
- Birthday Listing
- Class Roster
- Ethnic Distribution
1. Select preferred report
2. Press SAVE on the Report Interface
3. An “Atom Info” window will appear;
insert report name
4. Press OK
5. A new icon will appear on desktop
with report name
6. Click to open and generate report as
You may create user defined folders
to store saved reports, queries, etc.
1. Select “New Folder” from FILE on the menu bar
2. A “Save as” window will appear as a prompt to
name the new folder
3. Input folder name, click SAVE
4. The new folder in now displayed on the SASI desktop
5. Drag-and-drop saved reports, etc into folder
6. Double-click the folder to open and access saved reports, etc.
Daily Attendance (Elementary) HEALTH/EMERGENCY
Period Attendance (Secondary)
Update Attendance Health
Course List STUDENT INFO
Teacher List Classes
Parent Guardian Teacher Selection
GRADE REPORTING Student Update Seats
Course History Student Groups