LIST OF ARTICLES AND RESEARCH PAPERS
1. The Stakeholder Model for Water Resource Projects,Vikalpa,Vol.29, N61, Jan-March 2004, pp. 63-81.
2. Corporate Governance: The Search of India Inc. for New Mantra, METAMORPHOSIS, Volume 1
Number 1, January 2002, pp. 13-34.
3. Brand Valuation: A Strategic Search in the Blue- skies, Accounting Studies, Vol. 4, No. 1, June 2001,
4. Water Crisis in India- Need for a Balanced Management Approach (with B Ravi K Pillai), International
Journal of Regulation and Governance, Vol. 1(2), Dec.2001.pp.159 - 179..
5. Independent Directors: What and Why (with Smt. Sunita Sharma), Indian Journal of Accounting, Vol.
XXXI, Dec 2000, pp. 44-50.
6. Portfolio Diversification: Evidence from Emerging Markets, Journal of Accounting & Finance, Vol. XI,
No. 1, Spring, 1997, pp. 107-129.
7. Accounting & Accountants Beyond Starts, The Journal of Accounting & Control Vol.2, 1994,
8. A Note on Ethical Dimensions of Accounting & Finance, The Journal of Accounting & Control,
9. Corporate Characteristics and Social Responsibility Reporting, Asian Review of Accounting &
Finance, Vol. 1 No. 1, March 1992.
10. Receivables Management in Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd. The Journal of Accounting
& Finance, Spring 1992.
11. Case of Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Ltd. The Journal of Accounting & Finance, Spring 1991.
12. Financial Innovations and Excesses-Some Reflections, Shastrarth, 1991.
13. A Case for Research in Management Accounting, Journal of Accounting & Finance, Fall
14. Some Reflections on the Report of the High-Powered Committee on Stock Exchange Reform,
The Journal of Accounting & Finance, Fall 1989.
15. Added Value Accounting: The Societal Context, The Journal of Accounting & Finance, Spring
16. Risk-Return Relationship: A Study of Selected Equity Shares, in Gupta, O.P. (ed), Stock
Market Efficiency & Price Behaviour, Anmol Publications, New Delhi, 1989.
17. Foreign Currency Translation: An Evaluation of SFAS No. 42, Journal of Accounting &
Finance, Fall 1988.
18. Some Reflections on the Report of High-powered Committee on Stock Exchange Reforms,
Proceedings of National Seminar on Indian Securities ..Market: Thrust & Challenges,
Department of Commerce, University of Delhi South Campus, 1988.
19. Measurement and Use of Beta: A Measure of Risk, Jodhpur Management Journal, Vol. 15,
1987-88 (with K.R. Vaniara).
20. Research in Accounting: The International Accounting Context in Tondon, B.C., (ed)
Research Methodology in Social Sciences, Chaitanya, Allahabad, 1987.
21. Changing Scenario of Business Finance, Quarterly Journal of Management Development,
22. Computer Aided Internal Communication, Management Review, March, 1987.
23. Capitalization of Interest: Accounting Standard or Cocktail, Journal of Accounting & Finance,
24. Corporate Reporting in India: A Case Study of Selected Bicycle Manufacturing Enterprises,
MDU Journal of Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, June, 1986.
25. Accounting Policy Changes: A Study of Depreciation, Inflation and Income Measurement,
Chartered Secretary, June, 1986.
26. Corporate Tragedies: Some Thoughts about Unthinkables, The Alernative, B.l.T., Ranchi,
27. "An Enquiry into the Theoretical Foundations of CCA" in Studies in Accounting Theory by P.K.
Ghosh, G.C. Maheshwari and R.N. Goyale, Wiley Eastern Ltd. New Delhi, 1985.
28. "Corporate Social Reporting", in Studies in Accounting Theory, Wiley Estern Ltd. New Delhi,
29. Abstract on Measurement of Business Income: A Study of Selected Corporate Enterprises in
India, Review of Commerce Studies, Vol. XI, March 1994.
30. "Behavioural Facets of Profit Planning and Control" Chartered Secretary, New Delhi, October,
31. "A Critique of Accounting Concept of Income" The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol. XXXV-II
No 132, September, 1982. .
32. "Enterprise Theory - and Corporate - Social Responsibility, The Economic Times, December 2,1981.
33. Intelligence Arm of Management, Business India, August 15-30, 1981.
34. "Corporate Financing in the Eighties" The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol. XXXXIV - Part-Ill, No. 128
35. "How Effective is IMF Trust Fund" The Financial Express, New Delhi, September 22, 1980 (with Dr.
36. "Lagat-Pariman Labh Vishleshan" in Beejak 1976, Central Hindi Directorate, Government of India,
37. Depreciation, Renewals and Replacement: Polices and Practices - A Case Study of Indian Railways,
Review of Commerce Studies, Vol. IX & X, March, 1983.
38. Depreciation, Policies & Practices, MSU FMS No.1 Working Paper, M.S.University of Baroda,
SESSIONS CHAIRED AND PAPERS PRESENTED AT ALL INDIA CONFERENCES AND
1. Chaired technical session on "Corporate Social Reporting" in International Symposium on
Contemporary Issues in Accounting, Kausali Institute of Management studies, Karnataka University,
Dharwad, October 24-30, 1988.
2. Co-Chaired technical session on "Contemporary Policy & Standards" in International Symposium on
contemporary issues in Accouting, KIMS, KU, Dharwad, October 24-30 1988.
3. Co-Chaired technical session on "Contemporary issues in Auditing" of Annual Conference of Indian
Accounting Association, held at BHU, Varnanasi, March, 1988.
4. A Case for Case Research in Management Accounting, XIX Annual Conference of IAMD & IUCBER,
Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, February 14-15,1989.
5. Chaired Technical session on "Economic Policies Perspectives" in the seminar on Challenges for
Business in 2000 AD, University ofJodhpur, February 24-25,1986.
6. Discussant in the Technical session on Management of Technology, National Seminar on Management
Development - New Perspectives, organized by SCOPE, FMS, Delhi, March 20-22,1986.
7. "Value Orientation of Management Education: from Materialism to Budhiyoga Research Paper
Presented in National Level UGC Workshop, M.D. University, Rohtak, May 21-22, 1986.
8. "Leasing Business in India" Paper presented in XVI IAMD Annual Conference, South Gujarat
University, Surat November, 1985.
9. "Measurement and Reporting of Human Assets" FDP Seminar on Human Resource Management,
Organised by Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, 1984.
10. Value Added Accounting: The Societal Context, Indian Accounting Association's Annual Conference,
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, March, 1988.
11.Behavioural Facets of Profit planning and control, paper presented at XVII Annual Conference of IAMD,
Karnataka University, Dharwad, November 1987. •
12."Enterprise Theory and Social Accountability" at EDP Seminar on New Horizons of Accounting
organized by Department of Commerce, University of Delhi, 1981.
13."Dimensions of Internal Audit", presented at the Conference on Internal Auditing organized . by the
Delhi Cloth & General mills Ltd., Delhi.
14."Changing Profile of Corporate Financing: A Case for Tilt Towards Convertible Debentures in the
Eighties", written with Dr. B.P. Singh, presented a EDP seminar on "Contemporary issues in Business
Finance" organized by Department of Commerce, University of Delhi, 1980.
15."Critique of Accounting Tradition of Income Measurement" Research Paper presented at Burdhwan
University, Burdhwan, 1980.
PAPERS PRESENTED AT INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS & SYMPOSIUM
1. Keynote Address on Globalisation of Capital Markets: Action Agenda, International Conference on
Management & Accounting Issues, March 31 - April 4, 1997, JAIPUR, organized by Boras University,
2. Presidential Address: Accounting & Accountants Beyond Stars, International Conference on ""
Accounting issues, Hotel Clark Amer, Jaipur September 1992.
3. True & Fair View: An Empirical Study of Connotative Meaning, International Symposium on
Contemporary issues in Accounting, KIMS, KU, Dharwad, October, 24-30 1988.
4. Foreign Currency Translation: An Evaluation of SFAS No. 52, International Symposium on
Contemporary issues in Accounting, KIMS, KU, Dharwad, October 24-30, 1988.
5. Corporate Characteristics & Social Responsibility Reporting, International Symposium on
Contemporary issues in Accounting, KIMS, KU, Dharwad, October 24-30, 1988.
MEMBERSHIP OF ACADEMIC BODIES
Advisory Board, Department of Business & Industrial Management, S.G. University, Surat.
Board of Studies in Accounting & Business Statistics, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Board of Studies in Management Studies, M.S.University of Baroda.
Faculty Board, M.S.University of Baroda.
Board of Studies in Management, J.N.Vyas University of Jodhpur.
Board of Studies in Accounting, J.N. Vyas University of Jodhpur.
Board of Studies and Faculty Board, M.D.S.University, Ajmer.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
-> General Secretary, Indian Association for Management Development.
-> President, Research Development Association 1991-92.
-> Vice President, Research Development Association 1990-91.
-> Indian Accounting Association.
-> Baroda Management Association.
-> Indian Institute of Public-Administration, New Delhi.
-> Head & Dean, Faculty of Management Studies, M. S. University of Baroda since March 2005.
-> Expert/Chairman of AICTE team for evaluation of management institutes.
-> Member Governing Board, Subodh Institute of Manangement, Jaipur.
-> Coordinator, Three-Year MBA Evening Programme, M.S.University of Baroda, Since November, 1996.
-> Member Ninth Plan UGC visiting Team for S.G. University, Surat & Mumbai University, 1997.
-> Head of Dept, Ramjas College, University of Delhi - 1973-1976.
-> Bursar, Ramjas College, University of Delhi - 1975-76.
-> Advisor, Institute of Science & Technology, Ghaziabad.
-> Member, UGC Committee on The Scheme of Vocational Education.
-> Expert member, National Consultation Committee on Vocational Education, PSSCIVE, Bhopal.
-> Member, UGC Visiting Team for Tenth Plan, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar.