Dear Principal or Guidance Counselor,
Cinderella’s Closet provides formal dresses and accessories to local high school girls referred to
our organization by their high school, social care agency or church. In 2007, we were able to
provide 115 girls with complete prom packages – in 2008 we hope to help as many as 400 girls.
All of the items are free of charge and are hers to keep. This is where we need your help –
Please help us gather donated dresses and find our princesses. We rely on our partnership
with your school to help us identify girls in need. We have over 1,500 dresses and countless
accessories in our inventory just waiting for the perfect princess. Even more than a dress, at
Cinderella’s Closet, we provide an amazing experience where each of our girls leaves feeling that
they are cherished.
High School Dress Drive Program
Please consider holding a High School Dress and Accessory Drive to benefit Cinderella’s Closet.
Last year the response to our organization was overwhelming and almost every high school
participated in the High School Dress Drive Program. Having a Dress Drive is easy – here’s what
1) Pick a day and location for the dress drive and e-mail Cinderella’s Closet with the
information at email@example.com
2) Promote the drive through customized flyers (provided by Cinderella’s Closet) and
through other school announcements
3) Collect the dresses/accessories. Tax deductible receipts are provided.
4) A Cinderella’s Closet volunteer will pick up the donations at your school
Princess Referral Procedure
Please consider referring girls from your school to be our princesses. The process is simple and
is outlined below:
1) We have a letter that gives details of what our princesses can expect at Cinderella’s
Closet and the location of our Shopping Days.
2) Mail the letter to all of the juniors and seniors on your free/reduced lunch list or any other
girl you feel is in need. We do not require proof of financial need – only your referral.
3) Contact Erin Peterson, Cinderella’s Closet Director, by phone (859-341-5330) or by e-
mail firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your student’s appointment. Please
understand that the school contact must make the appointments with Cinderella’s
Closet. Referred princesses cannot contact Cinderella’s Closet directly for appointments.
4) Appointments can be made on the half hour on the following days and times:
a. Friday, March 14 – between 2:00pm and 4:30pm
b. Saturday, March 15 – between 10:00am and 4:30pm
c. Friday, March 27 – between 2:00pm and 4:30pm
d. Saturday, Mach 28 – between 10:00am and 4:30pm
5) Cinderella’s Closet will take referrals until Wednesday, March 12 for the March 14 & 15
Shopping Days and until Wednesday, March 25 for the March 27 & 28 Shopping Days.
6) We will e-mail the school contact an appointment reminder certificate for each of your
7) That’s it – We will take care of the rest. We make a commitment to you that each girl you
refer will be treated with love, grace and respect from the moment she enters Cinderella’s
Closet. She will not only leave with a beautiful formal gown and accessories, free of
charge and hers to keep, but also with a renewed confidence in herself.
We cannot thank you enough for helping to make Cinderella’s Closet of Northern Kentucky a
success. It is through your partnership that we were able to help over 100 girls in 2007 and
cannot wait to serve four times that many this year. Please let us know if you have any questions
or concerns. You can, as always, find out more information about Cinderella’s Closet of Northern
Kentucky at www.cinderellasclosetnky.org.
Director, Cinderella’s Closet