LNE3003: Setup for Motion Detection Emails
To configure your camera to send an email when motion is detected, it is
recommended to use the free Lorex DDNS Mail Routing server
*NOTE: If you are using your own ISP’s settings (and not the Lorex server), you
will need to contact your ISP for additional setup and support, as Lorex can only
support our own Mail Routing Server.
1. Setup a DDNS account at http://www.lorexddns.net and make sure to record
your USER NAME and URL request from the email that is sent to you.
2. Enter the DDNS information into the DigiViewer window (Settings – Remote
• Put a checkmark in for “Enable Lorex Dynamic DNS Service”
• Enter the DDNS Domain you chose during the DDNS registration
• Enter the Account Name provided to you in your email confirmation from
the Lorex DDNS.
Click anywhere in the dark grey section to save the changes.
*NOTE: You will need your camera MAC address to sign up for a DDNS account.
This can be found on the Settings – Preferences tab in DigiViewer.
3. Enter the Outgoing E-mail Server information into the DigiViewer window
(Settings – Networking Services tab):
• Put a checkmark in for “Enable outgoing e-mail messages”
• SMTP Server: This will automatically be completed for the Lorex DDNS.
Do not change.
• Port: Greyed out, do not change.
• From Address: Use a valid email address that you own (from your ISP,
Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). This will appear as the “Sender” email address.
• Account Name: Will automatically be completed after entering the DDNS
information. Do not change.
• Account Password: Will automatically be completed after entering the
DDNS information. Do not change.
Click on the “Send Test E-mail” link in the bottom right corner of the Outgoing
E-mail Server section. Go to the SYSTEM LOG link on the right side of the
DigiViewer window. Look for a Success message to appear in the last few lines:
4. Enter the “Receiver” E-mail information into the DigiViewer window (Events
Motion Detected – LNE3003
• Put a checkmark in for “Enable Motion Detection”
• Motion Sensing: Controls the sensitivity of motion detection. If the
sensitivity is still too high, even after setting this to 1, then please refer to
the document on our website (under the LNE3003 Product Manuals &
FAQs section) “FAQ - Changing the Motion Sensitivity (Advanced
• Email Notifications:
o Check the ENABLE option
o Check Attach Snapshot Image (if a still image is desired)
• To: Enter the email address to receive the email notification
• Subject: Enter a desired subject for the email
• Text: Enter any text you wish to add.
*NOTE: If you check the log, and it shows that SMTP SEND for MOTION is
successful, and you are not receiving emails, please check:
• Spam filter settings in your email
• Try a different email to receive (i.e. Gmail account) to see if the mail is
accepted there – if it is, and you prefer to use an email account that your
ISP provides which is not receiving the email, you may have to contact
your ISP to discuss spam filtering options.