Shrimp and Bacon with Mango Salsa (6 appetizer portions) – Served at Piccolo
12 U-15 Shrimp
1 Jalapeno (sliced thin)
12 Strips bacon (baked for 8 minutes at 350 degrees)
2 cups Mango Salsa (recipe follows)
Old bay seasoning to taste
1. Peel and devein the shrimp
2. Season generously with old bay seasoning.
3. Place one slice of jalapeno on each shrimp.
4. Wrap each shrimp with the pre-cooked bacon, being careful to begin and end on the bottom of
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Mango Salsa (yields 2 cups)
1 Mango, small diced
Half Red onion, fine diced
1 tbsp. Green pepper, fine diced
1 tbsp. Red pepper, fine diced
½ cup Cider vinegar
1 tsp. Sugar
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 tbsp. Chopped cilantro
1. Prepare salsa ingredients (first 4) and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients, toss and reserve for service. Best if prepared one day in advance.
3. Prior to serving, drain any excess liquid.