Invitation for Expression of Interest
First Publication Date: 25 July, 2011
1. The Skills for Employment Project (The Project) supported by the Government of Nepal and
Asian Development Bank aims to promote poverty reduction by increasing the engagement in
wage and self employment as well as foreign employment through market-oriented short term
(MOST) skills training giving high priority for women, dalits and the disadvantaged Groups.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) is the executing agency and Council for Technical Education
and Vocational Training is the implementing agency of the Project.
2. The project now invites interested consulting firms to submit the expression of interest for
Package No. Tracer Study - 01/11: To conduct Tracer Study of MOST skills training. The
main objective of the assignment is to conduct tracer study of qualitative, quantitative and its
effectiveness as well as outputs and outcomes of the project through implementation of MOST
skills training. The estimated budget is NRs. 5386040.00 (US$ 74806.0 Approxi.)
3. Consulting firms should have tax clearance of last fiscal year (2067/68) or letter issued from
Inland Revenue Office regarding document submitted.
4. Consulting firms should have at least 2 years track record on tracer or research studies. The
key professionals required for this assignment are as below:
S.N National experts Person months
1 Team Leader/ Monitoring & Evaluation 4
2 TEVT specialist 3
3 Social development specialist 3
4 Economist 3
5 Labor Market Analyst 3
5. The consulting firms will be selected and engaged under Consultant Qualification Selection
(CQS) method in accordance with the Guidelines on the Use of Consultants by ADB and its
Borrowers (April, 2010). Consulting firms will be evaluated based on the Management
Competence (20%), Financial Competence (15%) and Technical Competence (65%). Based
on the evaluation of the EOI, only highest ranked of consulting firm will be invited to submit the
combined bio-data technical and financial proposal. The qualification of firms participating in
joint venture or an association will be assessed during short listing and all competences will
be assessed for both (lead and JV or associates) firms.
6. a) EOI is available in http:/www.adb.org/Business/Opportunity/default.asp and the interested
consulting firms may apply online through ADB's website.
b) All the interested consulting firms, particularly, the lead firms must be registered in ADB's
consulting management system which can be easily done with no cost by logging into
c) Interested consulting firms may obtain TOR, Amplified EOI and further information at office
hour at the address below and may also visit the website: www.sepctevt.org.np
7. The EOI must be submitted to the address below by 23 August, 2011 at office hours (10 AM- 5
PM).If the last date of submission happens to be a holiday the next working day will be the last
date for submission.
8. The project reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications without giving any
The Project Manager
CTEVT, Skills for Employment Project (SEP)
Bijulibazar, Kathmandu, Tel: 01- 4781679/4785110, Fax: 01-4784305