Riyadh Wheelers Registration Form
Registration Fee: SR-TBA
1. Please fill-in all the fields including the signature in the middle of this page and the checkbox at the
bottom of the second page.
2. All of the membership fee must be paid by mid-season. If not, suspension could result.
3. We hope to provide team kit of some description this year
First Name: ___________________________________ Sex:
Last Name: ___________________________________ Nationality: __________________________
Date of Birth: Igama #: __________________________
Age as of 31/12/11: ______________ years old Phone: __________________________
E-mail: ___________________________________ Preferred #: _______________ (11 – 99 )
Would you be
Blood Group: Important! Our experience is Saudi Hospitals DO NOT provide
donate blood in
the event of an
accident to a
Please Read Carefully:
I agree to pay the sum of SR-TBA for membership to The Riyadh Wheelers Cycling Club.
I realize that cycling in an inherently dangerous sport, and I will not hold the club liable for any injuries or
losses incurred during any Riyadh Wheelers sponsored event.
I agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of The Riyadh Wheelers Cycling Club.
Signature Date – (dd/mm/yy)
Please read the club rules on the following page and sign and date above.
Note that registration does not imply a club jersey or free entrance to the end-of-season banquet. These are dependant
on sponsorship and funds.
Official Use Only
Amount Paid: ____________ Amount Owed: ____________ Male | Female
Category: __________ Race #: _____________
< 40 Open < 50 Veteran < 60 Master >=60 Senior
Club Rules: 2011/12 Season
These rules have been established to ensure a framework for safe racing for all members.
Please read the following rules then tick the checkbox at the bottom indicating that you
1. All bicycles should be safe and roadworthy.
2. Proficiency of new members may have to be established and approved by committee members
before participation in events.
3. Safety approved helmets are compulsory for all Wheeler‟s events.
4. Unsportsmanlike conduct may result in: a warning, deduction of points, race disqualification,
suspension, or ejection from the club.
5. Unsafe or negligent riding may result in: a warning, deduction of points, race disqualification,
suspension, or ejection from the club.
6. Aero bars may remain fitted during road races and criteriums, but are not to be used. Riders could
be sanctioned for using them.
7. Any rider found drafting during time trials could face sanction.
After being passed by a faster rider, the caught rider must immediately drop back by at
least 10 bike lengths. If the caught rider is then able to pass the rider who previously passed
him then he must be able to do so by riding „outside his slipstream‟ and be able to clearly
pass. Riding up to him and then dropping back or to his side is not acceptable. A time of 15
seconds is the maximum that a rider may stay in the “drafting zone” while passing.
8. Any rider found purposely cycling on the wrong side of the road could face sanction.
9. Race results are provisional until checked by the Results Coordinator.
10. Dress Code: MUST be suitable for the Kingdom and is the same for both sexes. Sleeveless jerseys are
not permitted during Wheeler sponsored events.
11. Clip-on bars of the “Spinachi” type will be permitted for road racing. The purpose of these bars is to
offer an alternative riding position when riding alone or at the front of a group. They should not be
used when following a wheel or cornering.
12. Race Director plus 2 committee members can sanction a rider for a misdemeanour, subject to
appeal to a full committee.
13. Riders not completing the course will be disqualified.
14. Spare wheels may be left with a support car on road races or at any static point on the course.
15. Rules may be changed, added, or amended at any time during the season. Members will be
Tick the following checkbox to indicate that you agree to all the above rules and conditions: