1-12-05 - 2005 ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING
Councilman Carla L. Fuller
Councilman Matthew L. Mumbach
Councilman Ann M. Bean
Supervisor William F. Hare, Jr.
Councilman Heather M. Phelps
Attorney for the Town Anthony DiFilippo, III
Highway Superintendent Walter J. Baker
Town Clerk Betsy A. Marsh
Approx. 13 guests
The Sardinia Town Board held its Organizational meeting for 2005 on January 12, 2005, at the Sardinia Community
Center. The Clerk read the legal notice of the special meeting as it had appeared in the Arcade Herald and the Springville
Journal. Supervisor William F. Hare called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM, with a moment of silence and the Pledge to
The following resolution, to be known as Resolution #1 of 2005, was introduced by Supervisor William Hare, as follows:
RESOLUTION #1 - 05
WHEREAS, the Town Board of the Town of Sardinia wishes to make the following official designations,
Appointments, authorizations, and policies;
A. Designation of certain public meetings to be held throughout 2005 at the Sardinia Town Hall/Community Center,
12320 Savage Road, Sardinia:
(1) "Regular" Town Board meetings to be held on the second Wednesday of each month, at 7:30 PM.
(2) Sardinia Planning Board to meet on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM.
B. Designation of the Arcade Herald and the Springville Journal as the official newspapers of the Town.
C. Designation of Election polling places as follows:
(1) District #1 - Sardinia Community Center, 12320 Savage Road, Sardinia.
(2) District #2 - Chaffee Fire Hall, 13760 Briggs Street, Chaffee.
D. Designation of Bank of America/Fleet Bank, East Aurora, as the official depository of the Town.
E. Authorization for the payment in advance of audit of claims for public utility services, postage, freight and express
charges. All such claims shall be presented at the next regular meeting for audit.
F. Authorization for the Supervisor to acquire and use a facsimile signature.
G. Designation of elective officer annual salaries for 2005 (per budget):
(1) Supervisor $17,823.00
(2) Councilmen (4) 4,421.00 (each)
(3) Justices (2) 8,394.00 (each)
(4) Town Clerk/Tax Collector 25,723.00
(5) Highway Superintendent 40,070.00
H. Designation of highway employees’ salaries for 2005 (as per contract):
(1) Motor Equipment Operator (3) $15.60 per hour
(2) Motor Equipment Operator (1) $13.35 per hour
I. Appointment of the Accounting firm of Jack & Kathy Berry, as Accountants for bookkeeping and accounting of
J. Designation of Attorney for the Town to be Anthony DiFilippo, III to be compensated at the contractual rate of
$85.00 per hour.
K. Designation of Special Legal Counsel to be David Seeger to be compensated at the contractual rate of $85.00
L. Designation of the engineering firm of Panamerican Environmental, Inc., as the engineering firm for the Town.
M. Designation of Planning Consultant Daniel Ulatowski of Zoning and Planning Solutions Co. of Lancaster, NY for 2005
Zoning and Planning assistance and Consultant services for implementation of the Town’s Comprehensive Plan and
for related zoning and planning projects, to be compensated at the contractual rate of $65.00 per hour.
N. Designation of appointed positions for 2005 along with the salary or pay rate for the position and the official
appointed to the position:
(1) Deputy Supervisor $ 500.00 per year Carla Fuller
(2) Budget Officer $2,377.00 per year William Hare
(3) Registrar of Vital Statistics $ 594.00 per year Betsy Marsh
(4) Town Historian $ 951.00 per year Robert Schiener
(5) Dog Control Officer $2,109.00 per year Duane DeGolier
(6) Secretary to the Supervisor $4,932.00 per year Johanna Roblee
(7) Emergency Services Coordinator $ 971.00 per year Kenneth Wiedemann
(8) Disaster Coordinator no salary Kenneth Wiedemann
(9) Constable $ 8.14 per hour Donna Maier
(10) Constable $ 8.14 per hour Ronald Kline
(11) Assessor $11,585.00 per year Thelma Hornberger
(12) Assessor Clerk $ 8.14 per hour Stacy Mumbach
(13) Code Enforcement Officer $17,523.00 per year Marvin Zielonka
(14) Building & Fire Code Inspector no salary Marvin Zielonka
(15) Buildings Caretaker $ 7.90 per hour Charlotte Baker
(16) Buildings Caretaker, Sub $ 9.21 per hour Dealton Bean
(17) Election Inspectors $ 7.50 per hour various
(18) Deputy Highway Superintendent $ 594.00 per year Donald Hopkins
(19) Court Clerk $ 8.63 per hour Debra Smith
(20) Court Clerk $ 8.63 per hour Laurie Uhteg Perkins
(21) First Deputy Town Clerk $ 8.14 per hour Debra Smith
(22) Second Deputy Town Clerk $ 8.14 per hour Stacy Mumbach
(23) Secretary (Secretary Pool) $ 8.14 per hour Patricia Thornton
(24) Secretary (Secretary Pool) $ 8.14 per hour Vacant
(25) Planning Board Chairman $ 44.56 per meeting Daniel Miller
(26) Planning Board Member/Secretary $ 50.50 per meeting Vacant
(27) Planning Board Members $ 32.69 per meeting each member
(28) Zoning Board of Appeals Chairman $ 44.56 per meeting Michael Hannon
(29) Zoning Board of Appeals Members $ 32.69 per meeting each member
(30) Board of Assessment Review $ 74.27 per day each member
(31) Recreation Supervisor $ 9.50 per hour vacant
(32) Recreation Attendant $ 6.70 per hour Lesa Warner
(33) Recreation Attendant $ 6.16 per hour Stephanie Holmes
(34) Lifeguard - WSI $ 8.65 per hour various
(35) Lifeguard $ 7.32 per hour various
(36) Recreation Attendant (Tiny Tots) $ 6.96 per hour Laura Marshall
(37) Recreation Attendant (Tiny Tots) $ 6.96 per hour Rae Jewert
(38) Recreation Attendant Sub (Tiny Tots) $ 6.96 per hour Marcella Tillinghast
(39) Issuing Agent for Handicap Parking Permits no salary Betsy Marsh
(40) Affirmative Action Officer no salary Betsy Marsh
(41) Freedom of Information Officer no salary Betsy Marsh
(42) ADA Coordinator no salary Betsy Marsh
(43) Records Management Officer no salary Betsy Marsh
(44) Freedom of Information Appeals Officer no salary William Hare
(45) Civil Service Appointing Officer no salary William Hare
O. Payroll Payment Policy shall be established as follows:
HOURLY EMPLOYEES: Pay period shall run from 12:01 AM Monday through midnight Sunday. Payday
shall be on Thursday. Each employee shall complete a supplied weekly timesheet by Tuesday at 12:00
noon prior to payday.
SALARIED EMPLOYEES: Without prior arrangements, salaried employees shall be paid 1/12 of annual
salary amount for each month of completed employment. Payday is the last Thursday of each month.
P. Designation of mileage reimbursement to be allowed for specified Town officers and employees for the use of
their own vehicles in the performing their official Town duties at the rate of $0.30 per mile. Mileage to and
from Town Offices is not reimbursable.
Q. Meal Reimbursement Policy shall be established as follows: Town Officers and employees shall be entitled to a
$35 per diem allowance for out-of-pocket meal expense incurred while attending meetings, training seminars,
and other such events that are for the purpose of maintaining or enhancing the skills or knowledge necessary for
the performance of their official duties. This $35 per diem allowances shall be reduced if the reimbursable period
did not include breakfast, lunch, or dinner and/or if any of those meals was included in registration fees, or are
chargeable to another source. The daily reductions shall be $15 for dinner, $10 for lunch, and $10 for breakfast.
R. Town Board Committee assignments are established as follows with the first member listed to be designated the
Finance and Administration: Ann Bean; Carla Fuller
Public Safety: Matthew Mumbach; Carla Fuller
Health & Economic Assistance: Heather Phelps; Carla Fuller
Transportation: Matthew Mumbach; Ann Bean
Culture & Recreation: Heather Phelps; Ann Bean
Community Services: Carla Fuller; Heather Phelps
Buildings & Capital Projects: Ann Bean; Matthew Mumbach
Comprehensive Plan & Zoning Carla Fuller; Matthew Mumbach
Wind tower Advisory Heather Phelps; Ann Bean
Landfill Advisory Matthew Mumbach; Carla Fuller
Special Liaison to Senior Citizens Carla Fuller
S. Appointment to the Planning Board: The appointment of Alternate Member Roxanna Waters to the Planning Board
Member, with term to expire December 31, 2011 and appointment of Douglas Morrell to the Planning Board Alternate
position. [Other Planning Board members and their term expiration dates are as follows: Sheila Vrenna,
12/31/2005; Dona Morgan, 12/31/2006; Keith Reynolds, 12/31/2007; Larry Kelly, 12/31/08; Daniel Miller, 12/31/09;
Rodney Franz, 12/31/2010.]
T. Appointment to the Zoning Board of Appeals as follows: Reappointment of Michael Hannon as Chairman of the ZBA,
with term to expire 12/31/2009. [Other Z.B.A members and their term expiration dates are as follows: Ted Krolick,
12/31/2005; William Bockhahn, 12/31/2006; Hans Ylmar, 12/31/2007; Lewis Markel,12/31/2008.] *Zoning Board
members will be compensated $10.00 per meeting for each additional appeal hearing held on the same day.
U. Appointment to the Board of assessment Review: Reappointment of Nicholas Phelps, with term to expire
9/30/2009. [Other B.A.R. members and their term expiration dates are as follows: Ralph Wainwright, 9/30/2005;
Gordon Smith, Jr., 12/31/2006; Sheila Romance Vrenna, 9/30/2007; Max R. Opprecht, 9/30/2008.]
V. Appointment of a Veterans Memorial Advisory Committee to assist in the design and construction plans for a Town of
Sardinia Veterans Memorial, to be located in Veterans Town Park on Genesee Rd. Town veterans Clint Salmon,
Robert Schiener, and Otto Weichmann will serve on the committee in conjunction with Town Board member Carla
W. Appointments to the Youth Advisory Board: Appointments pending recommendations of the Culture and
a. non-Town business: $0.20 per copy
b. Freedom of Information: $0.25 per copy
Outgoing Local Call: $1.00 first page; $0.50 each additional page
Outgoing Long Distance Call: $2.00 first page; $1.00 each additional page
Incoming Call: $1.00 first page; $0.50 each additional page
(3) Certified Copies of Birth and Death Records $10.00 each
(4) Marriage Registration Certificates $5.00 each
(5) Buildings Rental
a. Old Town Hall $125.00 per event plus $50.00 security deposit
b. Community Center $100.00 per event plus $50.00 security deposit
No food preparation, smoking, or alcohol consumption shall be allowed in the Community Center without
express Town Board approval.
(6) Park Shelters:
Resident Rate Non-Resident Rate
a. Shelter #1 (entire) $60.00 $120.00
b. Shelter #1 (one half) $25.00 $ 50.00
c. Shelter #2 $25.00 $ 50.00
d. Shelter #3 $20.00 $ 40.00
e. Shelter #4 $25.00 $ 50.00
f. Shelter #5 $20.00 $ 40.00
g. Manion Park (ea. shelter) $10.00 $ 20.00
(7) Trailer Permits
a. "Grandfathered" Trailers: $10.00 per year (add $40.00 late fee after April 1 .)
b. Pre-Construction Permit: $50.00 fee plus $1,000 surety bond or CD.
RESOLVED, the Sardinia Town Board hereby approves all designations, appointments, and authorizations made for
2005 as presented in this resolution.
On a motion by Fuller, seconded by Bean, Resolution #1 of 2005 was adopted. Upon roll call vote, Fuller, aye, Mumbach,
aye, Phelps, absent, Bean, aye, Supervisor Hare, aye. Resolved, 4 ayes, 1 absent, 0 noes.
On a motion by Bean, seconded by Fuller, the 2005 Organizational meeting was then adjourned at 7:20 PM. Carried, 4
ayes, 1 absent, 0 noes.