Google Applications Scavenger Hunt
Directions: Answer all questions below on this electronic worksheet in excel.
Use this Google Calculator Cheat Sheet to answer these questions.
3456 + 78091 =
780459 - 3791 =
45 x 67 =
700000 / 89 =
What is 33% of 34,567?
How many inches are in 5 miles?
How many minutes are in 40 years?
What's the equivalent of $20 in the currency of the Czech Republic?
What's the radius of Neptune? and what do you have to enter into the search box to
get this number?
Name a movie and where it's playing in the 60637 zip code.
What is patent 5123123 for?
What is the price of Apple Inc.'s stock today?
Feel free to re-size pictures if needed.
1. Fly to the most favorite place you have ever visited. Capture the image in Google
Earth, insert it here, and label your image.
2. Do the same for a place you would like to visit. Label it.
3. Do the same for a place where your family is from.
4. Fly to the latitude and longitude specified for your chosen capitol city in the Google
Docs and Spreadsheets section of this assignment. Grab an image of this place,
insert it here, and label it.
Google Docs and Spreadsheets
IMPORTANT: Refer to this page for help.
1. What's the definition of geocoding? (use Search for this)
2. Use the Google Lookup formula =GoogleLookup("entity"; "attribute") to find
out the following information for a country of your choice.
3. Find the following information USING THE GOOGLE LOOKUP FORMULA and enter it in
the a spreadsheet.
Name of Country
Longitude of Capitol
Latitude of Capitol
Name of Largest City
Population of Largest City
6. Create a graph in Google Docs and Spreadsheets of all countries and their
populations. Use help to create the graph.
1. Create another spreadsheet. (Excel 2003)
2. Use the GoogleLookup formula (=GoogleLookup("entity"; "attribute") to find out the
3. You should include two columns in this spreadsheet. One should contain the data
labels; the other should contain the formula and answer.
4. Find out:
o What is the length of the Mississippi River?
o What is the date of birth of Johnny Depp?
o What political party did Theodore Roosevelt belong to?
o Who discovered neon?
o What constellation does the star Sirius belong to?
o How much did a typical stegosaurus weigh?
o What is the elevation of Jackson, Wyoming?
o What is the elevation of New Orleans, Louisiana?
o How many moons does Pluto have?
o What position does Alex Rodriguez play in baseball?
o How many people does Apple employ?
o What is Apple's ticker symbol?
o What is the flower of Illinois?
o What is Leonardo di Caprio's nationality?
o What is the gross domestic product of Mexico?
o What is the gross domestic product of China?