07

Document Sample
07 Powered By Docstoc
					         1


                                       Cheriton Parish Council

June 8, 2011

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 8 June 2011 at 7.30 p.m. in the Committee
Room at the Village Hall.
PRESENT: - CLLR. G. ELLIS (CHAIRMAN) CLLR R. CORBETT (JOINT VICE-CHAIR), CLLR.
              R. WORTH, CLLR. D. SMITH, & CLLR P. CULPIN, CLLR B. LARGE, CLLR M.
              TUGWELL AND THE CLERK, MRS J. KETTLE.
6.1   APOLOGIES. Cllr J. Cheyney (Joint Vice Chair and Cllr C. Norkett were received.
6.2   DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. None declared.
6.3   PUBLIC SESSION/PLANNING. Cty Cllr F. Hindson informed CPC that the Mobile Library
      service will be commencing on the Tuesday 26 July 2011 from 2 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. on that day
      and will only park on School Road. Details will follow from HCC. Graham Wright at HCC is
      the contact with regard to the finance from Freeman’s Yard developers for Cheriton’s
      infrastructure.
      Cllr H. Verney stated that Sunday parking in Winchester is free again. CPC was asked to
      consider metal caps for the new posts on the greens. It was explained that posts were more
      likely to rot at the base than from the top.
      PLANNING
      11/00376/HCS - Cheriton Primary School – Replace the tile hanging with horizontal cedar
      cladding - CPC had no objections – Awaiting WCC’s decision.
      11/00418/LIS – Barn 50m South of Malt House Farm, Westfield Road – Conversion of part of
      barn into a two bedroom dwelling – No objections from CPC. Awaiting WCC’s decision.
      11/00561/FUL – Oakley, Alresford Road – Erection of replacement detached two bedroom
      dwelling with integral garage and carport - The lack of turning space was a concern adding that
      to reverse out of the drive would be dangerous, otherwise no objections from CPC –
      Application refused. The Chairman explained that the Planners had rejected this because the
      house was deemed too small for the site.
      11/00424/STPO – 9, Petersfield Road - 1 Yew tree crown lift and crown thin by 10% - No
      comments – Though it is hoped that the tree will be dead-wooded at the same time – Awaiting
      WCC’s decision.
      11/00869/SFUL – The Brick House, Alresford Road – Two storey extension – No objections
      from CPC – No Comments from CPC. Awaiting WCC’s decision.
      11/00885/SFUL & 11/00886/SLIS – Burnt Platt, Alresford Road – Single storey rear extension
      – No comments from CPC – Awaiting WCC’s decision.
      11/00948/SFUL & 11/00949/SLIS – Longwood Dean House, Longwood Dean lane,
      Owslebury – Single storey extensions, raising walls/roof over service wing, minor internal
      alterations to main house, kitchen and service wing (Affects the setting of a listed building.) –
      No objections from CPC – Awaiting WCC’s decision.
      11/00954/NMA – The Old Cheriton Shop, Cheriton Road - A Minor Non-Material
      Amendment to planning permission for 10/02532/FUL has been accepted by WCC.
      11/00905/STCON – Martyrwell – Fell one Holly Tree. Notification only.
      11/01042/SFUL – 4, Markall Close – Single storey rear extension – No objections from CPC –
      Awaiting WCC’s decision.
6.4   APPROVAL OF MINUTES – 03.05.11. These were agreed and signed by the Chairman.
6.5   MATTERS REVIEWED – 03.05.11
      The Bus Service Review Consultation has been returned to HCC.
      WACA have been informed to liaise with HCC with regard to using their minibuses at night
      and weekends.
        2


       Further to the change of meeting nights to Wednesdays, a revised Calendar of Events has been
       distributed and a revised Standing Orders reflecting the change was signed for the records.
6.6    MRS G. GRAY-KNIGHT, CHAIR - BATTLE OF CHERITON PROJECT LTD. Further to
       being invited by CPC, Mrs G. Gray-Knight explained the history so far and that next stage was,
       with the help of various organisations, to try to establish where the battle took place. This is a
       3-year project. Cty. Cllr. F. Hindson offered a grant from her devolved budget to help with this.
       History though the Ages event will take place on 2nd and 3rd of July 2011. Traffic will be
       coming in from Bishops Sutton and departing along North End Lane.
6.7    IDEAS FOR THE FUNDING FROM FREEMAN’S YARD. Ms Teresa Sullivan, Head
       Teacher of Cheriton Primary School proposed a bike shed for the school. Other ideas were: -
       Car Park at Recreation Ground, Fencing at Colyton Cottage, a suitable surface for the path in
       front of Colyton Cottage & Brook Cottage. All these ideas will be put forward to Mr G. Wright
       @ HCC. Traffic being an issue from Freeman’s Yard it was agreed that the school and CPC
       write to the developers to paint “Stop” on the road and the end of their lane at the corner of the
       school wall and School Road.
6.8    THE SEWAGE PLANT AT THE GOODENS. The Chairman had an expressed an idea for
       this. It was agreed that Chairman should attend the next meeting of the Recreation Ground
       Committee to explain his thoughts further at this meeting.
6.9    HEARING LOOP. Mr P. Hellard on behalf of the Village Hall Committee stated that the
       Hearing Loop had been installed, however, two hanging microphones were required in addition
       to the system to ensure that the maximum sound could be relayed through the system. The cost
       of these microphones was £275 and CPC were asked if they would consider funding these
       microphones. See Finance.
6.10   THE OPEN RIVER ON THE B3046. As no news had been heard from HCC; Cty Cllr F.
       Hindson is to ask Colin Taylor @ HCC what is happening on this matter.
6.11   CYCLE LOOP SIGNAGE. Further to the letter from Sara Kendall re the Cycle Loop signage,
       a reply will be sent acknowledging the removal of the two signs mentioned along with a letter
       to George Hollingbery MP. Mr. S. Lugg, Director of HALC has continued with this at HCC as
       National Byways are not responding to HALC solicitors. A copy of a letter received from
       Bramdean & Hinton Amper PC to WCC regarding their disappointment with regard to the
       Cycle Loop signage has resulted in a meeting with WCC to which CPC will be invited when
       the date is known. A response from HCC has been circulated, which was not helpful. Cty Cllr
       F. Hindson offered to help with this.
6.12   CORRESPONDENCE.
       HCC have confirmed the list of grit bins Cheriton has. A request has been added to the reply
       for a grit bin at Lane End, Longwood Dean Lane.
       The 3rd Edition of the “Good Councillors Guide” have been circulated.
       Temporary road closures for the A272 between Harnham Hill and Lane End Down Lane and
       Belmore Lane and Longwood Dean have been received from Highways.
       Further to a request for the village green to be used to serve drinks after a wedding ceremony at
       the Church in August, it was agreed that the Clerk should call this person and ask them to write
       expressing their wishes and to nominate someone as a contact.
       Details of the requirement for all residential properties that have private sewage to be
       registered with Environment Agency have been circulated to councillors, put in Church &
       Village and notices put on the notice boards and in the shop.
       The overgrown ditch and the dislodged kerbstones on School Road have been reported to
       HCC’s Highways for their action.
       Mr & Mrs R. T. Fox have very kindly offered their front drive and front lawns to hold a party
       for Cheriton residents for the occasion of the Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee on either
        3


       3, 4 or 5 June 2012. Post meeting. The Chairman is to send a thank you letter for this kind
       offer.
       Further to receiving notification of the resignation of the Rector, The Reverend Dr Alexandra
       Clarke, it was agreed that CPC write to express their regret at this decision and to wish her well
       in her new vocation.
       The overgrown hedge/grass verge on the A272 at the base of Harnham Hill has been reported
       to Highways. Cllr H. Verney is to ask Mr R. Young to cut the hedge in the short term and then
       pursue the hedge removal for the long term.
       A copy of permission from HCC’s Highways has been received from The Old Shop at
       Cheriton crossroads to say that the road sign on their property can be removed. Cty Cllr F.
       Hindson and Cllr H. Verney were asked to have “30 mph” painted on the road as traffic turn
       into Cheriton from the A272 at this crossroads. Both are to pursue this.
       No changes are put forward for the groundwater flooding map for Cheriton. This will be
       returned to HCC for their information.
       A copy of a press release has been received from Chief Inspector James Fulton stating that
       Alresford Police Station has been nominated for closure.
6.13   FINANCE
       ACCOUNTS FOR AUTHORISATION AND PAYMENT: -
       J. Kettle – Clerk’s pay – May                                               £279.95
       J. Kettle’s expenses                                                          £62.21
       Total                                                                       £342.16
       HALC (Good Councillors Guide) Agreed & sent                                    £5.00
       Mr P. Bridges                                                               £260.00
       Came & Co (Agreed & sent)                                                  £2296.45
       Prospect Fencing (Agreed & sent)                                           £1809.68
       Village Hall rental                                                           £30.00
       TOTAL                                                                      £4743.29
       INCOME
       Village Hall Committee (Insurance)                                          £757.82
       Recreation Ground Committee (Insurance)                                     £941.54
       TOTAL                                                                      £1699.36
       BALANCE FROM LAST MEETING - £12,136.79
       BALANCE AT PRESENT - £8788.48
       BALANCE OF THE UNITY BANK ACCOUNT AFTER PAYMENT/RECEIPT OF THE
       ABOVE IS £9092.86
       1.    The Annual Return has been completed and returned to the Audit Commission.
       2.    Mr S. Scott and Mr P. Greenwood, Treasurers of the Village Hall and Recreation Ground
             Committees respectively have paid their percentage costs towards the insurance.
       3.    Cllr M. Tugwell has been booked in for the “Core Skills for New Councillors” course at
             Romsey, which is this Thursday.
       4.    Further to an enquiry for CPC to cover a Summer Ball, which is to be held on the
             Recreation Ground, the organisers were informed that they must take out a one-off policy
             to cover the event.
       5.    An “Expression of Interest” grant form has send to SDNP for replacing of posts and
             chains around the green, however, it was found this does note meet the criteria they set
             and the project had been instigated.
       6.    Details of the VAT that CPC claim back for the Village Hall have been sourced from Mr
             S. Scott, Treasurer of the Village Hall Committee and VAT can be claimed back on fuel.
         4


       7.   CPC agreed to use part of the promised £2,500 for disabled facilities for the Village Hall
            Committee for purchasing the extra items required for the Hearing Loop at a cost of
            £275. Cty Cllr F. Hindson explained that her devolved budget could be used for this.
       8.   It was agreed not to donate to Winchester Youth Counselling.
       9.   The insurance has been renewed, the cover for the posts and chains is only £1754 on the
            policy, to increase this to £4000 this would incur an extra £10.66, however, the insurers
            would stand this cost. It was agreed to increase this cover.
       10. Cllr B. Large asked CPC would clearance of the wider footpath at the north end of the
            Millennium path be considered and to possibly place a bench there too: This is to be
            deferred until the next meeting.
       11. It was agreed to increase the Clerk’s salary to grade SCP 25 - £11.185 per hour as from
            April 2011. The Clerk thanked CPC for this rise.
6.14   COMMITTEE REPORTS.
       a) PARISH LENGTHSMAN. The April worksheets for the Lengthsman have been received.
          Cllr P. Culpin agreed that all the work had taken place and commented that it was nice to
          meet the Lengthsman to help him find various locations. This information was returned to
          Swanmore PC. A questionnaire received on this pilot was finalised and will be returned to
          HCC.
       b) VILLAGE HALL. Nothing to report.
       c) PLAY AREA/RECREATION. Nothing to report.
       d) SOUTH DOWNS NATIONAL PARK. It was agreed to complete an “Expression of
          Interest” for financing a car park for Cheriton with SDNP.
6.15   ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA AND FROM PUBLIC SESSION. The name of the North
       end/Millennium Path. Bench and clearance of footpath at North End. Superfast Broadband.
6.16   The next meeting will be on Wednesday 6 July 2011 at 7.30 p.m. in the Pavilion at the
       Recreation Ground, the meeting closed at 9.45 p.m.

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:10
posted:9/1/2011
language:English
pages:4