Michel R. NARDIN
ING. DIPL. ETHZ / SIA – MSc. - MBA
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich (ETHZ), Switzerland, Dipl.Ing. / MSc. (1976)
- University of Lausanne, Switzerland, Business School, MBA (1988)
Nationality: Swiss / born in 1953.
Languages: French, English and German.
- Partner of PMG Consulting Engineers and Economists, a firm specialised in international arbitration, litigation
and dispute resolution for construction, infrastructure & industrial projects and in project management of
- Court Appointed Expert, Party Appointed Expert, Mediator, Dispute Board Member, Adjudicator.
- Member of the Swiss Arbitration Association – ASA
- Member of the Board of the Swiss Chamber of Technical and Scientific Forensic Experts – Swiss Experts
- Member of the Dispute Resolution Board Foundation – DRBF, Country Representative for Switzerland
- Member of the Dispute Board Federation – DBF
- Expert registered at the Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects – SIA
Some Recent Assignments:
2008 – 2011 Member of a Dispute Adjudication Board – DAB: turn-key construction of a city, Doha, Qatar
2009 - 2010 Court Appointed Expert: appraisal of a real estate development, turnkey contract, Eritrea,
International Arbitral Tribunal ICC.
2009 - 2010 Party appointed Expert: appraisal of a claim for an extension of time (EOT) and associated costs,
residential complex, Romania, International Arbitral Tribunal.
2009 Court Appointed Expert: structure deformation, residential complex, Tribunal cantonal,
2008 - 2009 Expert Consultant: contract management, turnkey contractual packages, silicon plant, Qatar
2008 Mediator: underground commercial centre, claim for an extension of time (EOT) and associated
costs, Geneva, Switzerland.
2008 Court Appointed Expert: penal claim, rupture of a high pressure system, Juge d’instruction de
l’Arrondissement de Lausanne, Switzerland.
2008 Adjudicator: claims for additional costs, residential complex, Fribourg, Switzerland.
2008 Expert Consultant: claims management and expert opinion, road construction, Mauritania
2006 - 2008 Court Appointed Expert: appraisal of corrosion problems and polyurethane seal defects, rolling
stock, France/Germany, International Arbitral Tribunal ICC.
2006 Court Appointed Expert: appraisal of an industrial plant (co-generation of steam production),
France/Belgium, International Arbitral Tribunal ICC.
2006 - 2007 Court Appointed Expert: appraisal of an industrial hall and of soil flatness defects, Tribunal
Cantonal, Lausanne, Switzerland.
2006 – 2009 Party appointed Expert: claims management and expert report, Research and Development
Centre, Geneva, Switzerland.
2006 - 2007 Expert Consultant: claims management, underground junction and motorway tunnel, Slovenia.
2006 Expert Consultant: claims management, pumping station 190 MW and pressure water piping,
2005 Expert Consultant: claims management, motorway tunnel, Slovenia.
Past Professional Experience:
Over 30 years of experience as consulting engineer and contractor in middle and large-scale international
constructions (concrete and steel structures, buildings, hydro-power, industrial installations, plants, infrastructures
roads, bridges, tunnels, etc.). in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Activities as Manager, General Contractor,
CEO, and Member of the Board, in the building industry.
Since 2005 Partner of PMG Consulting Engineers and Economists.
Mediator, Dispute Board Member, Expert, Adjudicator, specialized in dispute prevention and
resolution of various projects of infrastructure, in the construction industry and in industrial
plants, both in Switzerland and abroad.
2000 – 2005 SGI Consulting SA – Geneva / Athens / Luxembourg.
CEO and Board Member.
European group of consulting engineers specialized in industrial complexes, energy, hydro
electrical power schemes, transport infrastructures (rail, roads, airports, harbours), structures
(bridges, tunnels, buildings), and water & environment. Activity as an international consulting
engineer and as an expert; management of contracts with international financing institutions.
1998 – 2000 Swiss Life Group, Swiss Insurance Company – Zurich / Lausanne.
Manager and Member of the Management Committee.
In charge of real estate investment and management policy on the Swiss and international
markets. Reengineering of the “Life insurance and pension funds” department.
1988 – 1997 Zschokke SA, General Contractor – Geneva / Lausanne.
Manager and Member of the Executive Board.
- Acquisition, negotiation and finalizing of turnkey, industrial and construction contracts on the
international and home markets.
- Promotion of industrial complexes and real estate projects, management and planning of turn-
key contracts. Technical and financial assistance in contracts and claims management for
public and private clients and finalizing of financing solutions.
1982 – 1987 Geilinger SA, Steel Construction – Winterthur / Lausanne.
- Technical and financial project management of industrials equipments and flour mills in
Europe and Nigeria. Various assignments in the fields of industrial and steel construction.
- “Windows and curtain walls” Department: Chief of department, responsible for the sale,
coordination and manufacturing of high insulation curtain walls on the office and
administrative buildings market.
1979 – 1982 Giovanola Frères SA – Monthey.
- “Hydro power” Department: engineer and project manager, responsible for the design of steel
structures and high-pressure welded constructions in the hydro-electrical, industrial, reservoirs
and silos sectors.
- “Research and development” Department: project manager, responsible for a team in charge of
design, development and coordination of new devices aimed at entertainment parks (USA).
Development, design and calculation of spatial steel structures under fatigue stress.
1976 – 1979 ICR Maroc, Ingénieurs-conseils SA – Rabat (Morocco)
- Technical manager and design coordinator for buildings and public infrastructures.
- Engineer in charge of design and calculation of reinforced and pre-stressed concrete structures,
site inspection & coordination and price calculation.
- 2009 A Practical Approach to the FIDIC Principles (Romanian Review of Arbitration 2009)
- Swiss Arbitration Association- ASA
- Swiss Chamber of Technical and Scientific Forensic Experts – Swiss Experts
- Dispute Review Board Foundation – DRBF
- Dispute Board Federation - DBF
- Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects - SIA
- MBA alumni, HEC University of Lausanne