and Afternoon Tea
A Fascinating Afternoon at Leeds Castle
Inside this issue:
Price list 2
L eeds Castle and After-
noon Tea is an es-
corted afternoon tour de-
Conditions 2 parting from London to the
medieval Leeds Castle,
where clients can enjoy a
Refund policy 2 delicious cream-tea in the
Jacobean Fairfax Hall.
Support • Valid from 01/01/2005 to
12/31/2005, subject to
change and availability
April 1st - Dec 31st - Mon, Wed & Fri
• Service available Jan 1st
- Mar 31st - Wed & Sat • Tour Number: Tour 15
• Leeds Castle: Is built on two natural islands within a lake and is named after Ledian,
Chief Minister of Ethelbert IV, King of Kent who built a fortress here in AD 857. The castle
was originally built of wood but rebuilt in stone by the Normans in 1119.
The magnificent grounds contain a secret 17th century Knot garden and a large hedge
maze with its own grotto! There is also an unusual dog collar museum (canine, not cleri-
cal!). Leeds became a Royal castle when Edward I gave it to his first wife, Queen Eleanor
of Castile in 1280. In 1921 the new owners began to restore it and much of its picturesque
appearance today is due to their love, care and attention over the twentieth century.
There are guides in every room who will explain the history to clients.
• English Cream Tea: Clients will then enjoy a delicious cream-tea in the Jacobean Fair-
fax Hall, Formerly a tithe barn, where they can enjoy a lovely lakeside terrace view of the
castle. There is also the possibility to see the Maze, the Grotto, some rare birds in the avi-
ary including the famous black swans on the lake.
Leeds Castle and After- Adult Child *Child Price for children 3-16
noon Tea Prices in US$
Valid from 01/01/05 to 12/31/05,
Afternoon Tour $ 60 $ 50
subject to change
• Client has to make reservation at least 24 hours prior to • Bus roundtrip from London
desired departure by calling; to Leeds Castle.
• Depart London 1 pm. See
London (0) 207 233 7030; 7 am–midnight, 7 days a week.
conditions for meeting points
• Tour starts at 1pm at 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buck- • Free entry into the Castle
ingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH (Between Victo-
ria Station and Victoria Coach Station). Other pick-up • Afternoon tea
points: Cumberland Hotel at 12 pm, Holyday Inn Forum • Return to London approx.
Hotel at 12h15 pm Tour finishes at approximately 6h30 pm 6h30 pm
• The ‘Leeds Castle and Afternoon Tea’ tour is not covered • Unescorted tour (guides are
by the Rail Protection Plan. provided by Leeds Castle)
• Vouchers may be refunded up to 6 months from the date of issue. A 15% cancellation pen-
• Once the tour is confirmed with Golden Tours, voucher is not refundable.
Euro Railways costumer's support
The Easiest Way to Discover Europe We are not only dedicated to offer a range of European
Rail Products, but also proud of ourselves to develop 4
different ways to assist you better.
• Live chat: Live chat with an European Rail expert
(available: 9 am to 9 pm ET)
Phone: 1-866-768-8927 • Personal Travel Assitant: click www.eurorailways.com,
International Phone: 1-954-509-0601 inform your options and preferences, and soon you will
E-mail: email@example.com receive a costumized suggestion by e-mail
1611 NW 91st Ave
Suite 321 • Call Free: 1– 866– 768– 8927 (9 am to 5 pm ET, from
Coral Springs, FL - 33071 Monday to Friday)
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org