This document is a policy that a company can use to provide their employees with
instructions on what to do in case of an emergency. This policy informs employees to
immediately leave the building when an alarm sounds and not to delay departure for any
reason. In addition, the policy asks employees to render first aid if they are qualified to
do so. This policy should be used by small businesses or other entities that want to
minimize the danger to the life and property of employees during an emergency.
Sample Emergency Instructions
Follow these rules in an emergency:
1. Stop work and leave the building IMMEDIATELY when any alarm sounds or when you are
instructed to do so!
2. Follow instructions, avoid panic, and assist with those in need.
3. Proceed to the nearest exit.
4. DO NOT delay your exit from the building to look for belongings.
5. When departing the building, proceed to an area away from the building to avoid interfering with
Emergency plan: The Company wishes to minimize the danger to life, and property arising from the effects of
fire, riots, civil commotion, and natural or man-made disasters. To accomplish this purpose, please:
Assist in evacuation of employees if asked
Render first aid if qualified, or attempt to obtain aid for others.
Assist in salvage or restoration of company property if asked.
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 2