Careers information resources: Student questionnaire
Year group: __________
1. When did you last use the careers information area (except as part of a
In the last week In the last half term
In the last year More than a year ago
Can’t remember Never used
2. What activities have you used the careers information area for?
Using the computers Reading leaflets
Looking at prospectuses Reading books
Watching videos Lesson activities eg worksheets
3. What topics have you the careers information area to find out about?
Information about particular jobs Information about careers options
(eg qualifications, rates of pay) (eg different broad occupational areas)
Training University/college courses
Voluntary work Gap year options
Job search skills Student life
Health information Legal rights and responsibilities
Money issues Other ____________________________
4. Circle those words you think best describe the careers information centre.
Exciting Welcoming Boring Untidy Crowded
Up-to-date Confusing Useful Attractive Quiet
5. What would make you use the careers information centre more often?
6. Where else do find careers information?
In the sixth form area Using the Internet
In the Connexions room In the careers department
7a. Which types of resources do you think are best to find information
ICT/Internet People (eg teachers, parents)
7b. Please explain why you think they are the best source of information.
8. Where do you normally use careers computer programs?
In the careers information centre In the school library
In your form room In the careers classroom
In the ICT suite Other ____________________________
9. Have you had any problems finding the information you want about careers
and educational opportunities? For example, you can’t find any information
on a particular career, or can’t understand the information you have found?
If so, please explain what problems you have had.
10. Who to do talk to about careers and further education?
Brother/sister Other family member
Teachers Connexions adviser
Please return this questionnaire to…..