Fill in the gaps with a, an or the if needed.
This is my _____ friend Josh. He is from _____ United Kingdom. He lives in _____ house in _____
Bristol. _____ house is small but he has got _____ large garden. He is _____ policeman and he
likes _____ job very much. He goes to _____ work by _____ car. It takes about half _____ hour.
He is married and has got _____ three children. He is _____ very happy man.
Jim, _____ old friend of mine, used to work in downtown Los Angeles. He had _____ good job in
one of _____ biggest law firms in _____ city. He was _____ honest, hard-working lawyer, but he
hated his job. So he decided to quit, and to become _____ surfer instead. Now Jim spends his
days surfing _____ waves of Malibu. It isn't _____ easy life, but it makes him happy. Soon after he
quit his job, Jim met _____ beautiful surfer named Jenny. After they went out for _____ couple of
months, they decided to get married.
1. On our trip, we visited _____ Lake Victoria.
2. Have you ever visited _____ United Kingdom?
3. Love is _____ wonderful thing.
4. _____ pets are not allowed in this hotel.
5. Rabbits are _____ small wild furry animals with long ears.
6. New York is in _____ United States of America.
7. Love makes _____ world go round
8. Ariane has got _____ German car.
9. Lisa is _____ English teacher.
10. Where's _____ electric heater? I can't find it.
11. _____ old person sometimes feels lonely.
12. Mike's mother bought him _____ guitar for his birthday.
13. I'm thinking of buying _____ new pair of trousers.
14. In the end there was _____ war between the two countries.
15. Jim plays _____ piano very well.