Contra Costa Times
East Bay Boys Athletes of the Week
By Bay Area News Group-East Bay staff
Posted: 04/21/2011 05:38:10 PM PDT
Updated: 04/21/2011 10:01:45 PM PDT
SCHOOL: Ygnacio Valley
THE STAT LINE: Bloom pitched the Warriors to a 1-0 Diablo Valley Athletic League win over College Park, going the distance and allowing just
two hits. He also went 2 for 3 in the win.
THE STAT LINE: Cobb allowed just two hits in seven innings and had nine strikeouts and one walk as the Hornets beat Irvington 9-0 in a
nonleague game. Entering the week, Cobb's record was 4-0 as he had allowed just two earned runs this season.
THE STAT LINE: The left-hander fired a complete-game, allowing six hits with 11 strikeouts and only one walk in a 3-2 nonleague victory over
THE STAT LINE: Supple threw six scoreless innings of relief to get the win in a 6-5, 10-inning victory over St. Mary's in a Bay Shore Athletic
League game. He also went 1 for 4 with an RBI. In a 13-3 BSAL win over John Swett, he was 2 for 4 with a grand slam, double and five RBIs.
Around the Horn
Posted: 04/21/2011 09:26:10 AM PDT
Updated: 04/21/2011 09:26:11 AM PDT
Stars of the week
• Ondrej Sebek, Berkeley baseball -- The talented sophomore pitched a complete-game, allowing just two hits, two runs (one earned)
and had two strikeouts in a tough 2-1 loss to El Cerrito on April 13.
• Daniel Supple, Albany baseball -- The senior righthander pitched six innings in relief, scattering five hits and didn't allow a run while
going 1-for-4 with an RBI in a 6-5, 10-inning win over rival St. Mary's on April 15 to remain undefeated in the BSAL.
• Francisco Torres, St. Mary's baseball -- The senior went 3-for-3 with two RBI and scored three times in a 13-7 nonleague win over
Encinal on April 12, then went 3-for-4 with a run scored in a 6-5 loss to first-place Albany on April 15.
• Jesse Lewis, Alameda baseball -- The sophomore was 2-for-2, including a double and three RBIs in a 13-0 win over Hercules on April
15, then went 2-for-3 and drove in a run in a 9-0 nonleague win over Irvington on April 16.
• Kaleo Johnson, Encinal baseball -- The freshman had a monster week for the Jets, going 4-for-5 in a 13-7 loss to St. Mary's on April 12,
then went 2-for-4, including a 2-run homer in an 11-1 win over Kennedy-Richmond on April 13.
• Garrett Rich, St. Joseph Notre Dame baseball -- The senior pitched three shutout innings in relief to pick up the win, allowing just a
single in a 5-4 BSAL win over St. Mary's in eight innings on April 13.
• Callie Prince, Bishop O'Dowd softball-- The sophomore hit a two-run homer in a 10-7 HAAL loss to Castro Valley on April 13.
• Olivia Ports, Skyline baseball -- The freshman had a big week for the Titans, going 2-for-3 with a double and three runs scored in a 18-5
win over Oakland on April l2, then went 2-for-2 with a two-run homer and three RBI in a 15-0 win over Fremont on April 14.