1. Name three types of wayang and briefly describe the differences
2. Sketch one example of the three different wayang forms, listing the
most common colours and materials used.
3. What do halus and kasar mean? Briefly describe the characteristics of
a halus character and a kasar character.
4. Draw one example of a kasar wayang kulit character.
5. Draw one example of a halus wayang golek character.
6. Draw a wayang kulit character in the Javanese style and then draw
the same character in the Balinese style. (See the drawings on the
7. a) Cut out the outlines of the Javanese and Balinese Bima on the
attached sheets, including the arms and the hands.
b) Colour them in and decorate them.
c) Join the parts of the puppets at the circles (A to A, B to B, etc) with
d) Attach a bent piece of coathanger wire or saté sticks to the bodies
of the puppets and at the ends of the hands to hold and move
Share your drawings and written information with the rest of the class.
Page 1 of 5