Sell Your Franchise
Directions: Your group has been hired by a franchise of its choice to create a unique and exhilarating
sales promotion. The basis of this promotion is to convince the audience that your franchise is the best
business opportunity available. You will be competing with your classmates to decide who has the best
franchise and who has done the best job of selling it! The winners will receive 100% on the project no
questions asked as long as they have met all of the project requirements!
Guidelines: Due to the fact that your purpose for this project is to create a dynamic sales presentation for
your presentation you will be allowed a lot of leniency in creating that presentation. With that in mind you
are encouraged to use your creativity in any appropriate way you see fit ie. Poster, PowerPoint, Movie, etc.
The following are absolute requirements that must be included in the presentation:
1. Names of the group members and the name of the franchise.
2. A brief history of the franchise.
3. Why should the audience consider your franchise?
4. Explain the business of the franchise. What do they sell or do? What types of target market do they
5. Why is your franchise better than the competition? What sets them apart? Why should potential
owners choose you?
6. What are the major advantages of owning your franchise?
7. What kind of help or services does the franchise offer its owners?
8. What are the costs associated with the franchise?
a. Initial Fees
b. Advertising Fees
c. Royalty Fees
9. Any other highlights or important information your group deems necessary.
You will spend at least 30 minutes searching for the right franchise for your group. Once you have picked a
franchise you cannot change so choose wisely. You will have two class periods to research and develop your
presentation. No more class time will be given. All students must be present for the presentation. If a
student is absent they must get their absence pre approved through Mrs. Crouch.
Groups will be graded according to the following rubric.
Franchise Grading Rubric
1 2 3 4 5
Professionalism Inappropriate dress, Inappropriate dress, Inappropriate dress, At least two group All group members
chewing gum, chewing gum, chewing gum, and/or members are dressed are dressed
headwear, wearing and/or headwear, headwear, wearing professionally, professionally, slacks,
coats (by all group wearing coats (by coats (by one group slacks, collared shirt, collared shirt, tie,
members) two or more group member) tie, blouse, dress blouse, dress pants,
members) pants, heels heels
Creativity Lacks any support Shows some Uses outside Extensive use of Elaborate presentation,
beyond the basic evidence of variety resources and some outside resources uses unique and
functions and uniqueness original ideas and original ideas, innovative ideas to sell
entertaining the franchise
Salesmanship Fails to create any sort Use of limited Creates a functional Develops a clear Develops a calculated
of interest in the support to promote argument for the message with message that uniquely
franchise the franchise franchise regards to the highlights the
benefits and franchise and engages
advantages of the the potential buyers
Visual Aide Little to no support, not Basic and Contains some An organized and Not only supports, but
referenced during the uninspiring, little to support for the stimulating support promotes the
presentation no highlights, not presentation that piece for the sales franchise, contains
referenced during highlights the presentation, unique and stimulating
the presentation franchise, referenced referenced during material, original and
during the the presentation inspiring uses of
Proficiency Contains little to no Meets some Meets most Meets all Exceeds the
evidence of meeting requirements, requirements, requirements, is requirements,
requirements lacking an overall contains a clear and neatly organized and exceptionally
organizational organized structure executed organized and
If you have questions concerning the above information please see Mrs. Crouch. Total Score /25 x 4
Potential Franchises – These have been popular in the past.
Cold Stone, Subway, Papa Murphy’s, Max Muscle, Maui Wowi, Jenny Craig, Rhino Courts, Radiance
MedSpa, The Little Gym, Taco Del Mar, Quiznos, UBuild It, Line X, Dutch Brothers Coffee. You may also
look online for another opportunity.
Group Work Procedures
Working in groups is an essential and vital part of being successful in life. Throughout life you will need
to learn to work with others in all your endeavors. Consider this group assignment as an opportunity to
enhance the communication skill that we have discussed in class.
Guidelines for Group Work:
1. Be a participant! There is nothing worse than working with others who don’t pull their weight.
2. Communicate! Make back up copies of your work and create a plan of action for who is responsible
for what. If someone is missing for the day of the presentation your group will still present! Be
3. Be Courteous! Treat others with respect and they will do so in return.
4. If your group has questions formulate one or two focused questions for Mrs. Crouch so that you can
continue to your work as quickly as possible.
5. HAVE FUN! Each one of you has unique and valuable talents. Use those talents to help your group
produce its best work possible.
Guidelines for Presentations
1. Introduce yourself and group members before you begin.
2. Speak clearly and precisely using persuasive language and tones when trying to argue a point or
convince the audience of your position
3. DO NOT read notes or other visual aides. Know your material and be prepared to speak about it
4. Maintain eye contact with the audience.
5. Check for understanding with your audience. If you present a new term or vocabulary word that the
audience may not understand, take the time to explain it.
6. Finally, show enthusiasm! It is contagious and will help your audience engage and connect with you.
7. Do not chew GUM!
All groups will present their Franchise on Thursday 24th, each group has five minutes to present. The
group chosen as the best business opportunity by your classmates will be given an automatic 100% on
Materials to Hand in:
1. Visual Aide
a. Each group will hand in their visual aide.
Websites for franchise research
Picking a Franchise
Franchise owner support sites
Franchise sales sites
US government sites