Post Spinning Operations
Assistant Professor (SRG),
Department of Textile Technology,
Tamil Nadu, India
• Spin finish application is necessary to make the yarn more
pliable, antistatic and more moist.
• Without the correct spin finish, no yarn package could be
wound, no staple fiber produced and no yarn would reach or
pass through further processing.
• The incorrect or non-optimal spin finish can easily increase
yarn break rates by one or more factors often.
A good spin finish must satisfy the following conditions:
• good and stable solubility or dispersability
• good filament to filament cohesion
• no migration from the yarn surface
• can be easily washed off
• effective at minimal oil on yarn levels
• biologically biodegradable and non-toxic
There are, additionally, various further requirements which
depend on further processing, such as good heat stability,
particular fiber to metal or fiber to fiber friction, and—on the one
hand—good fiber cohesion and good sl