Burnden Road Runners meeting 2.11.09
13 members attended
1. Thanks to Ken for another brilliant edition of the Trotter. All agreed we
are very lucky to have such a brilliant website (Thanks Paul) and
2. AGM 14th Dec 2009 Ainsworth Arms 9pm. Please could Martyn order
the pasties, chips and peas –Thanks Martyn. Nominations now open
for Club posts for the forthcoming year. Please check with those you
are nominating and let Andy know your nominations by 14 th Dec.
Thanks to Cynthia and Neil for applying for 2 places in the London
Marathon- please bring your rejection slip on the 14th before 9pm. You
need to have run for the club in 2009.
3. 25 years relay 17th/18th July 2010 at the Arena. We will need first aider
cover from within club members. Suggestion that we raise £I per guess
for the distance run. Sue W to look at producing a poster.
4. 25 year lapel badges. Sue W has ordered 100, to be priced at £5 which
includes a donation to charity –they look lovely- thanks Sue. They will
be on sale at the AGM so don’t forget to snap one up while stocks last.
5. Presentation evening. Thanks to Cynthia and Neil for all their work in
the past in organising some lovely evenings. This year Portofinos
Friday 5th Feb £15, £5.50 for children 7.30pm, deposit £150 total so
please book your place with Sue W asap- £5 deposit each. Trophies
Cynthia and Neil.
Adult Menu would be:
Starters Funghetti Gratinati Al Forno(V) - Button mushrooms baked in the oven with garlic and white wine, topped
with a herb breadcrumb crust and butter OR Pate Di Fegatini Al Porto - Smooth chicken liver pate flavoured with port
and served with toasted ciabatta
Main Lasagne Al Forno - Layered pasta with bolognese, béchamel and parmesan OR Pizza Quattro Stagioni -
Tomato , mozzarella, ham, onions, mushrooms and salami OR Fusilli Mamma Bella (V) - Spirals of pasta tossed with
aubergines , peppers , shallots, cherry tomatoes and a rich tomato and basil sauce
Sweet Cheesecake OR Profiteroles OR Ice Cream
Tea and Coffee
Kids Menu would be:
Choice of small pizza, spaghetti bolognese or chicken nuggets served with chips or salad and ice cream.
6. Beginners group will hopefully start Jan 2010.
7. Lostock 6 hopefully will still go ahead. All agreed Burnden should
support in organisation.
8. New running event listing website- http://race-calender.com anyone
can list and publicise races.
9. Pennine Bridle Way 31.1.10 –names to Martyn asap- Martyn please
could you enter one team now - and another after AGM if sufficient
interest. Names so far- Andy S, John K, Martyn, Chris G, Keith, Don,
Shirley, Sue W, Clare, Issy, Anne
AF 3.11.09 - paper copies to those not on email