Hunter Hills Elementary
Organ Systems (Week 5)
Science Grade 5
This test section contains EIGHT multiple-choice questions. Please mark your answers for the
multiple-choice questions in the spaces provided on your Student Response Booklet. Mark only one
answer for each question. If you do not know the answer, make your best guess. DO NOT WRITE
ANY ANSWERS IN THIS TEST BOOKLET. WHEN YOU FINISH, DO NOT WORK ON ANY
OTHER TEST SECTION.
1. Blood vessels so small that blood cells have to move through them in single file are
2. A long tube that leads into the stomach is a
3. What is the system that transports oxygen, nutrients, and wastes through the body
in the blood?
4. What system provides the body’s cells with the oxygen needed to produce energy?
5. The system that provides the body with the nutrients needed to produce energy is the
6. How are muscles attached to bones?
A. by ligaments
B. by joints
C. by tendons
D. by cartilage
7. What is the function of voluntary muscles?
A. They move substances through the organs they surround.
B. They make up the walls of the heart and pump blood.
C. They move bones and hold your skeleton upright.
D. They run in bands around the walls of blood vessels and digestive organs.
8. What makes up the central nervous system?
A. Sensory organs and body nerves.
B. Brain and spinal cord.
C. Clusters of neurons and nerve cells.
D. Receptors for the eyes and the ears.
Grade 5 – Subject--Science
First First CC Second Second CC DOK Answer Rational/Annotation for MC Questions
A.E. A.E. Level Key
1 2.6 SC-05-3.4.1 Ceiling DOK 2 B Students will be able to differentiate between the
blood vessels in the body.
2 2.6 SC-05-3.4.1 Ceiling DOK 2 B Students will recognize the parts of the digestive
3 2.6 SC-05-3.4.1 Ceiling DOK 2 B Students will recognize the function of the
4 2.6 SC-05-3.4.1 Ceiling DOK 2 B Students will recognize the function of the
5 2.6 SC-05-3.4.1 Ceiling DOK 2 B Students will recognize the function of the
6 2.6 SC-05-3.4.1 Ceiling DOK 2 C Students will realize that tendons are connective
tissue that holds the skeleton together.
7 2.6 SC-05-3.4.1 Ceiling DOK 2 C Students will realize that skeletal bones move
because of voluntary muscles.
8 2.6 SC-05-3.4.1 Ceiling DOK 2 B Students will realize that the nervous system
detects changes in the environment and uses the
brain to transmit information from one part of the
body to another.