care and cleaning
Sunbrella® fabrics should be cleaned regularly Heavy cleaning for Applying 303 High Tech
before substances such as dirt and food stubborn stains and mildew Fabric Guard
particles are allowed to accumulate on and
become embedded in the fabric. This practice Sunbrella fabric does not promote mildew 303 should be applied to Sunbrella fabrics
will eliminate the need for more frequent growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and after each thorough cleaning, which typically
vigorous cleaning. other foreign substances that are not removed removes the original finish and reduces the
from the fabric. To clean mildew, or other fabric’s water repellency.
General or light cleaning stubborn stains:
• Clean Sunbrella fabric, using one
• Brush off any loose dirt. • Prepare a solution of 8 ounces (1 cup) of the cleaning methods.
• Prepare a cleaning solution of 2 ounces of bleach and 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of • Allow Sunbrella to completely air dry.
(1/4 cup) mild soap per gallon of mild soap per gallon of clean water. • Apply 303 Fabric Guard in a well-ventilated
lukewarm water (less than 100°F/38°C). • Spray on entire area and allow area following instructions on the container.
• Use a sponge or a soft bristle brush to clean. to soak into the fabric. • Apply 303 in a thin, even coat and
• Allow cleaning solution to soak into fabric. • Scrub vigorously with a soft bristle allow fabric to dry completely.
• Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue. brush, sponge, or clean towel. • Apply a second thin, even coating
• Allow fabric to air dry. • Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue. of 303. (Two light coatings are more
• Allow fabric to air dry. effective in restoring fabric water
For removable Sunbrella fabric umbrella and resistance than a single heavy coating.
cushion covers, machine wash in cold water If stain and/or mildew are severe, bleach • A 15-ounce bottle provides coverage
(less than 100°F/38°C). Depending on wash quantities may be increased. of up to 50 square feet of fabric.)
load size, use normal amounts of mild laundry
soap. Allow fabric to air dry. For removable Sunbrella fabric umbrella and For more information,
cushion covers, machine wash in cold water (less please visit www.303products.com.
Spot cleaning than 100°F/38°C). Depending on wash load size,
use normal amounts of mild laundry soap and Professional cleaners
• Apply a light mist of our recommended add 1 cup of bleach. Allow fabric to air dry. In evaluating the services of a professional firm,
cleaning solution using a spray bottle. you should inquire about the firm’s experience in
• Work the solution into the stain by Re-treating the working with Sunbrella fabrics and knowledge of
lightly scrubbing the area with a fabric for ease of cleaning cleaning and re-treatment requirements.
sponge or very soft bristle brush. DO NOT dry clean Sunbrella fabrics.
• Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue. Sunbrella fabrics have a special finish that
• Blot excess moisture with a clean, enhances water repellency. The finish is Helpful hints
soft towel or sponge. designed to last for several years of normal use,
• Wet-vacuum or blot excess water. but may be refreshed after a thorough cleaning Protect the area around your Sunbrella fabric when
• Repeat these steps until stain is removed. or extended use. Glen Raven recommends 303 using a bleach solution – bleach may discolor non-
High Tech Fabric Guard™ as the preferred re- Sunbrella fabrics. Always rinse Sunbrella thoroughly
treatment product for Sunbrella fabrics. to completely remove bleach.
Sunbrella air-dries very quickly. Machine drying
is not necessary.
If fabric has some wrinkling, use an iron, if
necessary, but only on the synthetic* setting.
As some irons exceed the recommended
100°F/38°C temperature on the synthetic
setting, test a small inconspicuous area before
ironing entire piece.
DO NOT use a steamer or iron set to steam setting.
* Synthetic fabric heat settings normally do not exceed
Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, LLC
1831 North Park Avenue, Glen Raven, NC 27217 USA
t. 336.221.2211 / f. 336.586.1169
SUNBRELLA® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF GLEN RAVEN, INC.