TEXAS COMMISSION ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER STANDARDS AND EDUCATION
6330 E. Highway 290, STE 200
Austin, Texas 78723-1035
Phone: (512) 936-7700
ACADEMY LICENSE RENEWAL APPLICATION
Commission Rule §215.1, 215.3, 215.7, 215.9
Non-refundable $1,000 fee must be included, Cashier’s Check or Money Order (5520)
Academy Name TCLEOSE Agecny No.
Mailing Address City/State Zip Code Phone No.
Street Address City/State Zip Code Fax No.
Training Coordinator TCLEDDS PID E-mail
Percentage of time devoted
Does the coordinator hold a valid commission instructor license/certificate? Yes No to training:
Advisory Board Chair Email
Mailing Address City/State Zip Code
I, as the Chief Administrator, or designee, attest that the above named academy meets the requirements for
Academy licensure as provided in Commission Rules §215.1, 215.3, 215.7, and 215.9.
§215.3 Academy Licensing
(b) As part of the application process, the following documents shall be submitted:
(5) documentation that an advisory board has already been appointed as required by §215.7 of this chapter and
§1701.252 of the Texas Occupations Code, including a resume for each board member;
(6) advisory board minutes that show the advisory board has complied with the requirements of §215.7 of this
(7) the name, PID, and resume of the proposed training coordinator;
(8) documentation that the training coordinator is in compliance with the responsibilities required by law, or rule, to
include but not limited to §215.9 of this chapter;
(d) Upon approval of the application the proposed academy must pass an inspection of its facilities and instructional
materials. The inspection shall be conducted by commission staff or by a team of academy coordinators as appointed by
the executive director. An academy must have and maintain:
(1) facilities to accommodate the number of students being trained and the types of training being conducted, to
include, but not limited to, adequately equipped classrooms, bathrooms, break rooms, and parking areas;
(2) qualified instructors and staff to conduct successful training;
(3) instructional resources to conduct successful training, to include, but not limited to, convenient access to a law
enforcement reference library or sufficient number of computers for student and staff use;
(4) access to current and appropriate teaching tools and electronic equipment, including video players, projection
equipment, computer hardware, software, and the Internet;
(5) a proprietary interest in or a written contract providing for a firing range suitable for the course of fire required
in the current basic peace officer course, with safety rules clearly posted, secure storage and first aid equipment
while on the premises; and
Academy License Renewal Application 9.1.09 Page 1 of 2
(6) a proprietary interest in or a written contract providing for at least one facility to conduct police driving training,
to include at least one law enforcement automobile for training.
I certify that I am the Chief Administrator of the above named agency, or the person designated by the chief
administrator, to sign this document.
I am fully aware that this application is a government document and, under penalties of perjury, I declare the
foregoing information to be true and correct.
Chief Administrator/Designee (Type or Print) Title
Academy License Renewal Application 9.1.09 Page 2 of 2