Sales Engineer – Account Manager
2905 BrookviPlano, TX 75074
Technical Sales Engineer Career Preview
Account Manager and Sales Engineering with expertise in identifying, qualifying and closing sales in the,
Semiconductor , Video Broadcast and IT-Communications industries using modern lead generation
techniques including social media, search engines, press releases and conferences.
Sold $1MM plus revenue product in the semiconductor industry.
Produced sale of a software modem device that produced over 500K units sold
Negotiated a $1M plus service/product contract in IT industry.
Sold a $1MM plus contract to a national communications carrier for video broadcast
Increased market share 5% to 10% through product sold of semiconductor device.
Exceeding sales goals 20% at a semiconductor company
Grew 5-accounts by 30% in a 10 state-region using consultative selling.
Launched a system design of an audio-modem product by defining relevant requirements.
Pre-sold 10K production units by securing design-win (product order).
Generated over 5K production units for a semiconductor client by securing a product order.
Produced a 50% plus profit margin on semiconductor device sale.
Sold 10K semiconductor devices to a contract manufacture in 1 month.
MPEG 2&4 IT Products-Services Unified Communications
Video Technology Semiconductor Technology Analog- Audio Technology
Optical Electronics Power Electronics Sonet/PDH/ATM/VOIP
Hamal Enterprises, Plano,TX 2010 to Present
Real estate acquisition and redevelopment company
Sales Account Manager
• Closed over $900K of property sales.
Tech Skills- Full Time Student 2009 to 2010
Studied for CCNA and Network+ Certifications
Sencore Inc. Sioux Falls, SD 2007 to 2008
Manufactures and sells electronic test equipment for the video broadcast industry.
Account Manager – Sales Engineer
• Achieved annual and quarterly sales objectives in support of strategic business plans by providing
MPEG Video Broadcast operational equipment and test and measurement product solutions.
• Sold a $1M product contract to Verizon for Sencore video broadcast products.
• Created presentations, customer training to conduct sales calls used throughout the sales team.
• Prospecting and developing new accounts as well as to an established account base.
• Interfaces with C-level managers, engineers and project managers to gather new product requirements,
to maximize revenue.
John Prewitt – 972 670-5044 Page 2
• Trains customers on company products and services.
• Develops and executes both tactical and strategic sales plans to achieve revenue and profit goals.
• Works with application engineering to develop revenue growth and support initiatives.
Sarcom Inc.,Dallas,TX 2006 to 2007
A national leader in IT consulting ,service and IT products.
• Sells to IT service providers, IT organizations, large corporations, and medium and small business.
• Manages multiple accounts and activities, including weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasting while exceeding
quota by 15%.
•Communicates and interfaces with all levels of an organization, including key decision makers and
professionals, implementing tactical and strategic influence.
• Articulates the strategic and technical offering benefits of Sarcom product IT service and staffing
capabilities and network products relative to those of competitors.
• Consistently delivers business value to build customer relationships. Sold over $1M service contract.
CenterCube Inc, Dallas, TX 2003 to 2006
A privately held corporation organized to develop and deliver total ecommerce and Internet marketing
solutions to businesses and organizations nationwide.
• Directed all aspects of e-commerce sales and marketing practice, including prospecting, lead
generation, and the identification and close of qualified clients.
•Provided a complete e-commerce business solution to clients that included marketing and sales,
education and consulting, client analysis, and website design, build, and launch.
• Coordinated projects, on and off-line marketing, research and data gathering, website design and
content writing, sales performance monitoring, review and feedback, and website updates and changes.
• Created a distinct new product line based on customer feedback that lead to a new product launch
resulting on over $500K in profit in one quarter.
ON Semiconductor Inc. Dallas, TX 2001 to 2003
ON Semiconductor Corporation is a $1.6 billion global supplier of analog and data management
semiconductors and standard semiconductor components.
Field Sales Engineer
• Provided direct customer sales and application support for a specific segment of Broadband and Analog
Management IC solutions for applications for fiber optic transmission, optical transceivers, LCD displays,
fiber channel, gigabit Ethernet, SANs, and analog products.
• Managed a ten-state South Central region. Increased market share 5% to 10%, meeting and exceeding
sales goals at ON Semiconductor.
•Generated over $900K in revenues by closing a sale of a laser driver in a fiber optical transceiver
John Prewitt – 972 670-5044 Page 3
Conexant/Mindspeed Systems Inc, Dallas, TX 1997 to 2001
Semiconductor company that manufactures devices for the networking, video and wireless markets.
Field Sales Engineer
• Provided specialized and technical sales support for the development and implementation of customer
applications associated with assigned Conexant products.
• Products supported were modems, optical transceivers, networking infrastructure devices, xDSL,
wireless, and network processors.
• Increased product sales of Conexant communications products, generating a company’s largest product
volume and over $1M in revenue.
• Sold the first 64x4 cross-point switch of its kind at Cisco, fueling over $800k in profit for Conexant.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. Austin, TX 1995 to 1997
Semiconductor company that manufactures devices for the computing and graphics market.
• Supported customers in designing multimedia products, with emphasis in audio and telephony.
• Trained field and sales engineering on multimedia products and worked closely with them to win new
designs as well as maintain existing designs.
•Provided marketing and design engineering with technical and logistical support to assist in product
strategy and planning.
•Designed and completed marketing material for audio/modem card used throughout the company.
• Marketed and completed system design for audio/modem processor combo card. Resulted in over 10K
Tensleep Design Inc. Austin, TX 1993 to 1995
Start-up Semiconductor company that manufactures devices for communications market.
Applications / Marketing Engineer
• Hired as the first applications and marketing manager for a start-up company and created lab and the
initial demonstration products for the company.
• Created business opportunities through technical documentation, customer training, and effective
communication of product knowledge.
• Created the company’s first product data sheet and manuals that generated a $100K sale.
• Provided technical assistance and training to win design-ins.
• Generated the first product sale for the Tensleep modem chip, achieving the only significant product
sale to result in a 50% margin product and over 5K production units.
Motorola Semiconductors 1984 to 1993
Applications and Product Engineering
Education: Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology, Southern University
Cerifications:Cisco Sales Expert, Network +
John Prewitt – 972 670-5044 Page 4
Training: Semiconductor System Design, Broadcast Video Products; Sandler Sales Institute,
Understanding MPEG2&4 Technology, Understanding Frame Relay, Overview of Network Technologies,
Understanding ATM, Understanding DSL/Cable Access, Analog Design Course, Technical Writing
Associations: Technology Sales Professionals, The Dallas Blue Network,DFW IT Professionals,HDTV
Group, Community Volunteer, Society Broadcast Engineers