SWEDEN DAY 2011
Sponsored by United Swedish Societies, Inc.
T. EDWARD AND ALVALENE P. KARLSSON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Open to students up to age 25 (as of Sweden Day) who are entering or enrolled in an
undergraduate, graduate or technical program leading to a certificate or degree.
(please print legibly or input directly into this document)
1. Full Name___________________________________ Birth Date______________
3. Telephone #________________________E-mail address_____________________
4. Name/Address of School you currently attend______________________________
________________________________Your current grade/year_______________
5. Name/Address of School you plan to attend (if applicable)____________________
6. Major area of study, or planned study____________________________________
7. I hope to have a career in ______________________________________________
8. Have you ever received a Sweden Day/TEAPKarlsson scholarship before?
Note: no more than 5 awards and/or $1500 in total awards may be made to one individual.
Please give detail of prior award(s), if any______________________________
9. Please write and attach a 500 word essay including each of the following criteria:
*your connection to the Swedish-American community of Greater New York
*your Swedish roots
*how your Swedish heritage has influenced your life
*participation in organizations, especially those in the Swedish-American community
*plans for your future – personal as well as educational
Awards are granted based solely on the candidate’s application and essay. All decisions by the
judges and the Sweden Day Committee are final. Awards can be made to the individual or jointly
to the individual and the school of planned study.
Applications MUST be received no later than June 6, 2011.
Please mail to: Yvonne Ericson-Dryden, 782 Forest Avenue, Larchmont, NY 10538 and/or email
Awards will be presented at Sweden Day, June 18, 2011 and applicants are encouraged to
attend the event.