Daily Announcements Wednesday, October 27, 2010 A
5 pm Soccer v Whitefield (H)
Students (1st notice)
• Senior girls signed up for Powder Puff should plan to meet in the PAC Lobby on Thursday at 7:25 am or after
school for a brief meeting to plan for the Powder Puff competition.
• Guidance is having a Brown Bag Lunch session open to all students Friday during both lunch shifts. Bring your
lunch to guidance with any questions you have for the counselors or get answers to questions you didn't know
• Culinary Arts & Baking/Pastry are hosting a “Barbecue Bonanza” buffet luncheon Friday, 10:50‐1:00 in front of
the Planetarium. Menu features pulled pork, German potato salad, mixed greens salad, and chocolate chip cookie
ice cream sandwich. Cost is $5.00 and items may be purchased a la carté.
• Spirit Bus! There are 10 seats available on the spirit bus going to the RBHS v Blue Springs football game Friday. Bus
leaves south lot at 4:15 pm and returns around 11:00 pm. Cost is $5. Sign up and pay in Activities by noon Friday.
• Be a Columbia Public School “Superhero.” More than 1,580 people of all ages will break the world record for
“most people dressed as a superhero” coming together as a community and supporting our public schools – kids,
adults, families, everybody! Check‐in starts at 11:00 am, HHS football field. The event is free and you may sign up
on the web site at www.supercomo.come or just show up.
• Powder Puff football sign‐ups are nearly filled. Juniors have one open slot and sophomores have nine. Seniors
are complete. Come to the Activities Office to sign up and pay the $5 entry fee. The date for the competition is
• Support Columbia Public Schools Foundation Week through the Papa John’s fundraiser taking place now through
Sunday. Order from Papa John’s and 20% of your order will be donated—10% to individual schools and 10% to the
• Is there a person at RBHS who has helped you in a big way? Someone you would like to thank publicly? You can
do this with the “Bruin of My Life” awards that will be given at the November 5 assembly. Nominations forms are
in the Activities Office. Deadline for submission is November 1.
• Enjoy bowling? Interested in being part of the bowling club? Attend an informational meeting after school
November 4, room 206.
• Wheelers and Dealers, today, after school, cafeteria
• Scholar Bowl, today & Thursday, after school, room 225-6
• Bruins United, today, 3:15 pm, room 231 (Halloween Party)
• Future Doctors of America, today, 3:15 pm, room 336
• True/False Film Club, today, 3:10 pm, room 203
• Global Issues, tonight, 7-8:00 pm, room 221-4
• SEC, Thursday, after school, room 210
• Senior Class Meeting, today, 10:15 am, gym. Graduation cap/gown, end of the year information and college
application process will be on the agenda. All seniors should plan to attend.
• The last day to sign up for the A+ Program is November 1. Applications are available in Guidance.
• Sophomore students interested in being a Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) Leadership Ambassador, see Mrs.
Reed or Mrs. Piester in Guidance for more information.
• If you’ve participated in community service in the past year, see Mr. Miltenberg in Guidance for more information on the
Prudential Spirit of Community Awards scholarship opportunity. Deadline is November 1.
College Visits (sign up in Guidance)
Ranken, Oct. 29, 9:00 am Barbizon Modeling, Oct. 29, noon, (commons)