NHV (Noordzee Helikopters Vlaanderen) is a fast growing international helicopter
transport company, established in 1997. Our cradle & HQ is situated in Ostend-
Belgium. We have activities in Belgium, Holland, France, the United Kingdom and
West-African countries (Ghana, Sierra Leone, …). We daily provide Off & On
Shore helicopter services for the Oil & Gas Industry, the Belgian & Dutch Shipping
Pilot Services, French & Belgian Hospitals, the Belgian Government and the
French marine. NHV is also an official Eurocopter Maintenance, Distributor &
Service Center, with base maintenance stations in Belgium & Ghana. In 2008 NHV
was recognized by the Belgian authorities as a Flight Training Organization. We
have our own Helicopter Flight Simulator in Ostend. At NHV we are proud of the
high Safety & Quality standards we can guarantee our customers. Thanks to our
almost 200 highly skilled & motivated colleagues we can provide the flexible and
tailor-made solutions everyone rightfully expects from us, 24/7.
Noordzee Helikopters Vlaanderen (NHV), is looking to dedicate a full time Sheet Metal Mechanic for our
headquarter in Ostend, Belgium.
The Sheet Metal Mechanic is part of the Maintenance department and reports directly to the Chief Maintenance
Officer of the company.
- Work a full range of aircraft sheet metal duties including, but not limited to, disassemble, modify,
repair, and reassemble complex aircraft metal items and systems (e.g., airframes, fuselages, skins, ribs
...) externally/internally on aircraft structures.
- Corrosion repair, component removal and installation, these items and systems have combined straight
and curved edges and irregular curves.
- Analyze and evaluate structural damage to metal systems and items; develop patterns using a
combination of parallel and radial line development; fabricate, install and repair a variety of items and
systems made from a wide range of metals (e.g. stainless steel, magnesium, honeycomb, alloys,
titanium and aluminum).
- Replace sections and patches old systems; cut, bend, shape, and form metals for items that have
numerous irregular angles, planes, and curves with varying pitch and circumference; use a
variety of assembly joints, complex fastening system, riveted or welded joints, drill or punch
holes; and assemble or repair items by seaming, soldering, bolting, screwing, riveting, tacking, and spot
- Assembly methods shall meet appearance and strength standards, as well as critical tolerances.
- Follow engineering drawings, schematics, safety procedures, standards and technical manuals to
accomplish assigned tasks.
- Present a clean and neat work area to our customers.
- Keep proper aircraft maintenance records & forms.
- Act as an integral member of our maintenance team assisting mechanics and avionics technicians in other
tasks as required.
- Support all company policies and safety programs
You will work in a normal day-to-day system (38 hours/5 days workweek).
Terms and conditions
We offer a contract for indefinite period.
The salary package consist of: a wage subject to social security contributions and taxes, group insurance/extra
pension savings plan, meal vouchers, fixed cost refund, company phone.
Place of employment:
Our headquarter is at Ostend, Belgium. The function is for Ostend.
To be considered for this role you must have relevant sheet metal experience on aircraft and airframe.
You shall have at least two (2) years experience in Aerospace and/or Aircraft Sheet metal procedures and
processes, Must be able to verify experience and shall provide verification of this experience upon request.
Able to operate all tools necessary to perform assigned job tasks.
Due to the international character of our operations and employees we expect an adequate knowledge of
English, written and oral. Practical knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
Candidates send their application to the attention of Mr. Willems: email@example.com (HR Manager)
And indicate “Sheet Metal Mechanic ". (Letter of motivation and resume)