INVITATION FOR BIDS
Loan No. 2727-PAK
Power Distribution Enhancement Investment Program
132/11.5 kV, 31.5/40 & 20/26MVA POWER TRANSFORMERS
132 KV CIRCUIT BREAKERS, 132 KV LINE & TRANSFORMER CTs,
132 KV LINE & BUS ISOLATORS, 132 KV & 11 KV SURGE ARRESTORS
11 KV SWITCHGEAR, RELAY, CONTROL PANELS & DIFFERENTIAL RELAYS FOR POWER
TRANSFORMERS – TRANCHE-II
Contract No. ADB-IESCO/TR-II/ICB-01/2011
1. The Islamic Republic of Pakistan has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward
the cost of Power Distribution Enhancement Investment Program, and it intends to apply part of the
proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for Procurement of below mentioned material.
2. The Islamabad Electric Supply Company Limited “the Employer” now invites sealed Bids from eligible
Bidders for Procurement of material given below. The bidder shall quote for the entire quantity of a lot.
132/11.5kV, 31.5/40MVA Power Transformer with terminal connectors, auxiliary panel, bushings
1. with extended creepage distance, 11kv standard bus bars and all other specified accessories as 01 No.
per WAPDA/NTDC specification P-46:08.
132/11.5kV, 20/26MVA Power Transformer with terminal connectors, auxiliary panel, bushings
2. with extended creepage distance and all other specified accessories as per WAPDA/NTDC 03 Nos.
1. 132 KV Circuit Breakers along with SSS, Terminal Connector & Allied accessories 59 Nos.
2. 66 KV Circuit Breakers along with SSS, Terminal Connector & Allied accessories 03 Nos.
132 KV Line CT 300-600-1200/5/5/5/5A along with SSS, Terminal Connectors & allied
3. 48 Nos.
132 KV Transformer CT 100-200/5/5/5A along with SSS, Terminal Connectors & allied
4. 33 Nos.
5. 132/0.110 Kv Potential Transformers 6 Nos.
6. 132 KV Bus Isolators 1600 A with SSS, Terminal Connectors & allied accessories 27 Nos.
7. 132 KV Line Isolators 1600 A with SSS, Terminal Connectors & allied accessories 31 Nos.
8. 132 KV Surge Arrestors with SSS, Terminal Connectors & allied accessories 54 Nos.
9. 11 KV Surge Arrestors 21 Nos.
10. 11 KV Post Insulators 21 Nos.
1. Incoming Panels for 40 MVA Power Transformer 4 Nos.
2. 11 KV Incoming Panels (25 KA) 11 Nos.
3. 11 KV Outgoing Panels (25 KA) 74 Nos.
4. 11 Kv Bus Coupler (25 KA) 4 Nos.
5. 11 Kv capacitor control panels 11 Nos.
6. Transformer Control Panels (CP-50) 6 Nos.
7. Transformer Relay Panels (RP-4) 19 Nos.
8. Line Control Panels (CP-30) 8 Nos.
9. Line Relay Panels (RP-3) 8 Nos.
10. AC/DC panels for grid stations 4 Nos.
11. Differential Relays for Power Transformer 110V DC/5A 7 Nos.
3. Bidders shall meet the following qualification requirements
Manufacturing & Financial Criteria
(a) Contractual Experience
(i) The bidder should have successfully completed contracts during the last 5 years from the deadline of submission
of bids that aggregate to the supply of at least the quantities given in the Paragraph 2 above during a continuous
period of 3 years for respective lots. In case of JV, at least any partner should fulfill the said manufacturing
experience pertaining to the individual’s obligation(s) in respect of manufacturing as per JV agreement between the
parties (JV agreement shall be provided with the bid).
(ii) The manufacturer should be in the business of manufacturing the above items for at least the last 5 years from the
deadline of submission of bids. These items should also have been in successful continuous operation for at least
3 years from the deadline of submission of bids.
(b) Technical Experience
(i) Lot - I
The supplier shall furnish type test reports of the offered power transformer from one of the following independent
testing laboratories along with the bid:
i. KEMA Lab Holland iv. HV& SC Lab Rawat Pakistan
ii. CESI Lab Italy v. KERI Lab Korea
iii. CRIEPI Lab Japan
In case of non furnishing the type test report, the bidder shall submit an undertaking to the effect in case of award
of contract, the requisite type test report as per NTDC specification P46:2008 shall be carried out at any designated
independent Lab accredited by STL or WAPDA HV&SC short circuit lab, Rawat and to be witnessed in presence of
two representatives of purchaser at the cost of the bidder / manufacturer. Non- submission of requisite undertaking
will render the bid as non responsive.
(ii) Lot - II & III
Bidders are required to furnish type test reports from one of reputed independent testing laboratories accredited by
STL (Short-Circuit Testing Liaison) relevant to the equipment offered complying with the ratings and other
requirements of the purchaser’s specifications included in this bidding document. In case the relevant type test
report is not furnished with the bid, the purchaser has the right to ask the bidders to carry out the relevant type tests
of the offered equipments at the bidders cost from an independent testing laboratory without affecting overall
(c) Financial Capability
The Bidder / members of JV (jointly) should have financial resources/ access to a credit line of at least 100% of the
bid price quoted for each lot. Certificate/ letter of commitments from reputed Banks must be accompanied with the
4. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage One Envelope
procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Islamabad Electric Supply Company and inspect the
Bidding Document at the address given below, from 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. (Monday to Saturday).
6. The Bidding Document, in the English language, may be purchased by interested bidders from 30-04-2011 on the
submission of a written application to the below address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Rs. 5,000/-
or US$ 60. The method of payment will be by bank draft / pay order in favor of Employer.
7. Pre-Bid conference will be held in the office of Chief Engineer (Development) IESCO Islamabad on 18-05-2011 at
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10:30 A.M. on 16-06-2011. All Bids must be accompanied
by a Bid Security in the form of Bank Guarantee issued by a reputable bank on the format provided in the bidding
document in favour of Chief Engineer (Development) IESCO Islamabad.
Lot - I Rs. 3.70 Million or equivalent US $ 0.043 Million
Lot - II Rs. 4.37 Million or equivalent US $ 0.051 Million
Lot - III Rs. 3.22 Million or equivalent US $ 0.04 Million
9. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to
attend at the address below at 11:00 A.M. on 16-06-2011.
10. The Islamabad Electric Supply Company Limited will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by
Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.
11. In the comparison of bids, ADB’s Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance with the provisions
stipulated in the Instructions to Bidders.
Chief Engineer (Development), IESCO
Head Office, Street No.40, Sector G-7/4, Islamabad, Pakistan
Phone: + 92– 51 – 9252905, 9235001, Fax: +92 – 51 – 9252978
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org