MORTIMER JORDAN HIGH SCHOOL
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND EXPECTATIONS
INSTRUCTOR: Coach Carnes
LEARNER’S PERMIT: Mandatory NOW! I will make a copy.
COURSE: Elective worth ½ credit
Classroom instruction approximately 18 days
Lab time behind the wheel
MATERIALS NEEDED: One inch binder, paper, and pen
GRADING: Points will be earned for class work, tests, final exam, and driving.
Jefferson County grading system
A = 100-90
B = 89-80
C = 79-70
D = 69-60
F = 59-Below
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION: Study of boating manual, driver’s manual, films, lectures, power
points, class discussion, and demonstrations
METHOD OF EVALUATION: Participation, tests, class work, demonstration of driver skills,
GOALS OR EXPECTATIONS:
1. Student will learn driving skills, traffic laws, marine safety, responsible and mature
driving philosophies, and learn to be a better defensive driver.
2. Student will be prepped for permit and driver’s license test.
3. Student will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible for various
discounts on their insurance.
1. Jefferson County Code of Conduct will be strictly adhered to and enforced.
2. RESPECT Coach Carnes
3. RESPECT your surroundings.
4. RESPECT yourself.
I have read and understand the course description, goals, and rules for Coach Carnes’ Driver
Student’s signature Date
Parent’s signature Date