22.5 hours per week £22,000 pro rata
Purpose of the Post
The Administrator is responsible for the effective administration of Pass IT On and for helping to
develop the organisation as an emerging social enterprise.
The Administrator is responsible to the Manager and ultimately to Pass IT On’s Board of Trustees.
- Reception: acting as a first point of contact for dealing with individuals and organisations, who
contact by phone, e-mail, post or in person.
- Computer Donations: managing Pass IT On’s profile as an IT reuse charity, responding to
donation enquiries from the public and businesses by coordinating the delivery / collection of
acceptable donations and advising how unacceptable donation offers can be re-used or
- Client Registrations: processing and monitoring client registrations and the waiting list.
- Database: maintaining accurate databases of clients, volunteers, work placement trainees
relevant organisations, computer donations, recycling (in accordance with SEPA regulations)
and using the databases to respond to enquiries.
- Filing: organising and updating files as required.
- Regulation: complying with regulatory demands (Data Protection Act, SEPA).
- Finance: book keeping, paying and producing invoices, managing petty cash, banking cheques,
performing bank reconciliations.
- Coordinating: arranging and taking minutes of Trustee and Management Committee meetings.
- Marketing: promoting Pass IT On’s regular sales of refurbished computer equipment to the
public, SMEs and charities.
managers: Sandy Kerr & Martha Lester-Cribb
address: Pass IT On, 14 Wardie Avenue, EH5 2AB phone: 0131 476 1645
e-mail: email@example.com web: www.passitoncomputers.co.uk
scottish charity number: SC 033560
- Fundraising and Social Enterprise: helping to organise fundraising events and activities, and to
develop income generation schemes.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: gathering and collating monitoring and evaluation data.
- Funders: assisting with the writing of funding applications and reports.
- Website: ensuring the Pass IT On website is up-to-date.
- Other Relevant Duties: other duties in the development of Pass IT On and its services may be
allocated by the Manager or Board of Trustees.
Essential Qualities / Skills
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work alone and prioritise own workload
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to process information using a financial software package
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good communication / interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills / confident telephone manner
- Basic understanding of computer specification (processor speed, RAM, HDD size etc)
- Ability to work with an anti-discriminatory approach
- Experience of working in a small organisation
Desirable Qualities / Skills
- Marketing skills
- Fundraising skills
- Minute-taking skills
- Report writing skills
- Experience of working with people with extra support needs
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience in using Quick Books software
page 2 of 3
Post: Administrator +
(part time – 22.5 hours, £22,000 pro rata)
Applications are requested in the following format:
- Covering letter outlining how you meet the essential & desirable skills & qualities listed in the
person specification and what you feel you can bring to the organisation
Please submit your application:
by e-mail (preferred):
with attachments as Microsoft Word or PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post (envelope marked “Job Application”) to:
Pass IT On
14 Wardie Avenue
Noon, Monday 30th May, 2011
Planned Interview Date
Friday 17th June, 2011
We look forward to receiving your application.
page 3 of 3