Name ___________________ Block ___
WEB QUEST: Jon Krakauer
Use the following websites to answer these questions:
1. List one of Krakauer’s jobs (other than author/ journalist):
2. What did Krakauer do in May 1996?
3. List three publications in which Krakauer’s writing has been published:
4. What is the title of Krakauer’s latest book?
5. On a tight deadline, Krakauer wrote a 9,000-word article about McCandless. What was it titled?
6. How long did Krakauer spend retracing McCandless’s trail?
7. Krakauer explains why he talks about himself if the book, “Into the Wild.” Why does he say he does this?
8. How much mail did the article in Outside magazine generate?
“INTO THE WILD” PROJECT:
(In-class work time April 10)
1. In addition to making general plans, your goal for today will be to search for quotes you might use in
creating your project.
2. Look through the pages you have already finished reading, and find 6 quotations you could possibly use
in your project. It would be wise to continue to add to this list as we keep reading, and then narrow
down to the ones you decide to use.
3. As a reminder, you will need FIVE or more quotations in your project, and all should be cited as noted
on assignment handout. Remember to write the page numbers on this sheet!