( William Kelly Lynn )
222 Handley Drive • New Smyrna Beach, Florida • 32168
386-451-2403 • KellyLynn.com • KL@cfl.rr.com
Currently seeking a full-time position as an Art Director or Graphic Designer.
• Over 21 years experience working in the computer graphics field.
• Extensive knowledge in the creation of both vector and raster graphics for nearly every application.
• Advanced skills in creating spot color separations for screen printing, photo re-touching and
manipulation, Logo and T-Shirt Design.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Macintosh OS9 and OSX platforms.
• Four years video editing experience in iMovie.
• Works well with others and takes pride in producing a quality product in a timely manner.
• Strong natural sense of design, layout and attention to detail.
2003 to Present - Soul Trip Inc. - Satellite Beach, Florida
Art Director (part time)
• Duties: Create visual identity and all company logos. Create and manage company website.
Create magazine and web advertisements, graphic design for skateboard decks, T-shirts, hats
1988 to 2006 - Daytona Trophy Inc. - Daytona Beach, Florida
Graphic Artist (’88-’97), Art Director (’97-’06)
• Duties: Oversee art department production flow and quality control. Daily evaluation, reformatting
and preparation of all incoming customer artwork. Daily maintenance and upkeep of three
computer graphic stations. Creation and maintenance of company website. Responsible for
annual company catalog design and production. Responsible for creation and color separation
of custom T-shirt and award plaque designs. Operation and maintenance of Agfa 9400 imagesetter
and film processor.
• Special Skills: Extensive knowledge of the digital separation process for both spot color and
CMYK process color separations for both screen printing and offset printing. Advanced knowledge
of Macromedia Freehand, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Streamline. General knowledge of
digital photography and scanning, Adobe GoLive and Adobe Illustrator. Meticulous organizational
skills, hardware and software maintenance, system and network analysis, configuration and
• Published Articles: Two articles on "Advanced Macromedia FreeHand Tips" published in the
Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association's '98 Technical Guide.
• Awards: Impressions Magazine 1996 Computer Generated Screen Printed Garment Graphic
• 1st Place - Best CMYK Process Color Garment Graphic
• Honorable Mention - Best Original Garment Graphic
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (cont.)
1982 to 2003
Freelance Graphic Artist / Instructor / Technician
• T-shirt design and separation, logo design, digital photo retouching, sign design, flyer and ad
design, CD jacket design, uniform design and macintosh troubleshooting. Personal computer
training in Mac OS basics, Macromedia FreeHand and Adobe Photoshop.
1985 to 1988 - Creativision, Inc. - Holly Hill, Florida
• Duties: Responsible for the development of audio/visual training materials in support of industrial
training contracts and corporate marketing materials. Proficient skills in line drawing, airbrushing,
color marker storyboards, color renderings for sound/slide video tape and interactive video disk
applications. Extensive experience producing computer-generated technical illustrations and
camera ready mechanicals for computerized publications.
1983 to 1985 - Randy Richenburg Surfboards - New Smyrna Beach, Florida
• Duties: Responsible for the design, preparation and painting of all stock and custom ordered
Associate In Science Degree - Graphic Arts and Advertising Design - Graduated 1985
Daytona Beach Community College
1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, Florida
High School Graduate - Majors in Graphic Art and Drafting - Graduated 1982
New Smyrna Beach Senior High School
1015 10th Street, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
PORTFOLIO / REFERENCES
Portfolio and references available upon request.
Portfolio also available online at www.kellylynn.com