P.O. Box 6087, Cleveland, Ohio 44101-1087
CHAPTER PRESIDENT April 19, 2011
Joe O’Connell, SET
NTH Consultants, Ltd.
Dear CMAA Ohio Chapter Member:
CHAPTER VICE PRESIDENT
Jon Ferrell Enclosed you will find the sixth annual student resume booklet published by the
The Albert M. Higley Co. CMAA NOC Education Committee. This booklet is the result of a recognized
communication gap between employers and construction management students
CHAPTER TREASURER seeking employment in their field of study. Please note that the front section of
Doug Gabriel, CCM
Montgomery Watson Harza the booklet contains 2011 graduates. The section that follows includes resumes
of students seeking co-op positions.
Pete Perticarini, CCM The Committee hopes you find this document useful and we welcome any
suggestions for improving the effort in the coming years.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE CHAIR
Francis Valencheck Sincerely,
Washington Division of
Craig M Wise
Angela Jeffries-Ragland, CCM Professor Craig M. Wise, PE
Ozanne Construction Company, Inc. Education Committee Chair
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND
PUBLICATIONS COMMITTEE CHAIR
The Albert M. Higley Co.
SPECIAL EVENTS COMMITTEE CHAIR
The Albert M. Higley Co.
Project and Construction
Robert Mullen, PE
Case Western Reserve University
Chris Nielson, P.E.
Cleveland Division of Water
Chapter FOUNDING Firms
Dick Corporation, G. Stephens, Inc.,
Heery International, Malcolm Pirnie,
Montgomery Watson Harza, PSI,
Project and Construction Services,
Ralph Tyler, Regency Construction
Services, The Ruhlin Company,
The Kenmore Companies
Joe O’Connell – Chapter President
P.O. Box 6087 - Cleveland, OH 44101-1087
c:\documents and settings\cw47\my documents\akron\cmaa\2011 resumes\2011 cmaa resume booklet cover letter.docx
Graduates Seeking Full-
Mark F. Crowder Jr.
2845 Stony Hill Road ! Medina, OH 44256 ! (330) 730-2147 ! email@example.com
I am currently a student at The University of Akron pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction
Engineering Technology, Graduating Spring 2011. My industry experience includes a Co-Op with Welty
Building Company LLC. During my four years of experience, I’ve been exposed to a variety of construction
processes. I would estimate 80% of my time was spent in the field and 20% in the office. While working in
the office I learned the file system structure, the contract, submittal and change process, and assisted the
project manager. My 3 years of on-site experience include writing RFI’s, processing submittals, scheduling
work, coordinating subcontractors, and following/verifying contract requirements. Through my education
and Co-op experience, I have gained confidence that I can be a valuable contributor to your construction
— Prolog Manager — Site Safety/OSHA Compliance — Primavera Project Planner (P3)
— Submittals / Closeout Documents — Proposal Requests & Addenda — Microsoft Office Suite
— Requests for Information — Site Management / Schedule — Project Correspondence
Welty Building Company LLC (Fairlawn, OH) — Co-Op, 6/07 to Present
Construction Management, Program Management, General Contracting, & Facility Services.
Local projects include: Akron Art Museum, Akron Children’s Hospital, Summa Cancer Center, & The
University of Akron Auburn Science Center.
Health Center at Lake Medina (Summa Hospitals) (2009-2010) ! Budget: $18M
Assisted the Project Manager and Site Superintendent. Daily activities included processing submittals, RFI’s,
daily reports, issuing construction drawings, punch list, preparing job progress meetings, site safety &
University of Akron Multiplex Stadium (2008 to 2009) ! Budget: $70M
Served as an assistant to the Project Manager and Site Superintendents as a 2nd year Co-op/Intern. Daily
activities included working side by side with Site Superintendents monitoring progress of work,
scheduling contractors, and quality control. Other daily responsibilities included site safety, project buy
out, preparation of job progress meetings, daily reports, and punch list.
M-1 Motors (2007 to 2008) ! Budget: $7M
Worked on site directly for the Superintendent & Project Manager. Daily activities included site management,
site safety walks, project buy out, scheduling contractors, punch list, preparation of job progress
meetings, and daily reports.
Education, Certifications & Activities
UNIVERSITY OF AKRON (Akron, OH) — B.S. in Construction Engineering Technology, Spring 2011
OSHA 30 Hour Training & Certification
University of Akron Society of Students in Construction (SSIC)
Personal & Professional References are Available Upon Request
1090 Lanedale ST. NW
Massillon Ohio 44647
To acquire a full time position that will challenge my abilities and skills.
The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
Bachelor of Science, Construction Engineering Technology
Expected Graduation, May 2011
Safety in Construction (30 Hr. OSHA Card)
The University of Akron/ Habitat for Humanity Massillon, Oh August, 2010
• Hanging drywall
The University of Akron/ Rebuild Together New Orleans, LA March 2009
• Instructed students on basic construction
• Mudded sheetrock
Tebarco Mechanical Corporation Alpharetta,Ga May 10- August 10
• Site Safety
Shearers Snack Foods Brewster, Oh July 09- May 10
Packaging Machine Operator
• Run automated Robag, and Woodman bagging machine.
• Responsible for machine setup and change over.
AutoCad, Primavera Project Planner, and WinEst
Eagle Scouts, November 2005
Society of Students in Construction, March 2008- Present
USGBC- Student Chapter, May 2009 - Present
7941 Lime Lane (440)829-4828
Parma, OH 44129 firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSION To obtain a position as a Construction Engineer to advance my knowledge and skills.
The University of Akron, Akron, OH
Bachelor of Science, Construction Engineering Expected (May 2011)
GPA: 3.22/4.00 (Major)
Key Courses AutoCAD, Construction/Heavy Highway Estimating, Primavera 3, Print Reading
Competitions Ohio Contractors Association Estimating Competition (February 2011)
• A hand-selected team of six students given eight hours to put together a full
bid to be in competition against nine other college teams
Balsa Bridge Design Competition for The University of Akron (Spring 2009)
• Required to create a design for the construction of a bridge that will resist the
most physical stress
The University of Akron New Residence Hall Bid (Spring 2010)
• Did a complete estimate on new Akron dormitory from the excavation to the
entire structure of the building
Construction Resources Inc., Solon, OH
Field Observer (May 2010-August 2010)
• Worked on site with the Foreman monitoring contractor activity for
construction document compliance and quality assurance
• Oversaw new roof installation and masonry restoration at schools
Seneca Golf Course, Seneca, OH
Greenskeeper (May 2006-August 2010)
• In charge of maintaining the greens and lawn equipment
• Assisted in tree and branch removal on the course
• Designed sand traps
Jacob’s Field, Cleveland, OH
Head Cook and Cashier (May 2005-October 2006)
• Responsible for restocking and inventory
• Sold refreshments to customers during the game
Habitat for Humanity
• Lead other workers on the construction of houses in the Cleveland area
• Hung and finished drywall, installed cabinets, and put in doors
Sunday school teacher for Bethany Lutheran Church, Parma, OH
• Created detailed lesson plans
• Developed craft activities for the children
SKILLS OSHA 30-Hour Card
Statics/Elements of Structures
Construction Estimating/Heavy Highway
641 Third St., Apt. #6
Bowling Green, OH 43402
• Domains of Expertise include Statistics and Data Analysis, Estimating, Lean Construction,
Trenchless Technology, Reinforced Concrete Construction, Surveying, Structures and
Highway Engineering, Negotiation.
• Experience in project management; contracts and agreements; coordinating, planning and
execution of a site; risk and quality management; budgeting; marketing and purchase; BIM.
• Four years of professional experience in managing and executing construction activities as
an Assistant Coordinator in a construction business.
Masters of Industrial Technology Bowling Green State University
(Construction Management & Technology) Bowling Green, OH
Thesis topic: Construction Supply Chain Management August 2009 - August 2011
Bachelor of Engineering Pune University, Pune
(Civil Engineering) Maharashtra, India
July 2003 - August 2007
• Won a consolation prize at a state-level competition for a paper on ‘Aluminum composite
• Implemented a pilot project on ‘Management Information System’ and its use in a large-scale
project for a construction firm.
Surbhi Promoters and Builders Pune, India
Assistant Coordinator June 2005 - June 2009
A construction company focusing on residential buildings and commercial buildings such as
malls, hyper marts, theaters and office buildings.
• Analyzed progress results weekly to help achieve project deadlines.
• Conducted resource planning and monitoring.
• Identified logistics and staff needed to complete projects and managed teams of 25
• Coordinated with consultants and architects and negotiated with the project stakeholders.
• Designed and implemented marketing and client management strategies.
• Incorporated advanced formwork technology, which helped reduce the cost by 4%.
• Streamlined the documentation process by creating artifacts such as checklists and progress
• Contributed substantially with technical inputs, budget proposals and resource allocation.
• Achieved excellent reputation amongst customers for meeting deadlines and providing
AKSHAY JOSHI PAGE 2
Department of Construction Management Bowling Green State University
Graduate Assistant February 2010 – April 2011
• Facilitate Surveying labs and guided students with equipment handling and data
• Preparing the coursework documents, grading lab assignments and providing detailed
Department of Civil Engineering Pune University, India
Tutor June 2006 - May2007
• Assisted freshman student’s with civil engineering coursework.
• Courses and topics: Basic civil engineering, Engineering graphics, Strength of
materials, Surveying, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD.
India Student Association Bowling Green State University
Vice president May 2010 - Present
• ISA is a non-profit organization which works with various other organizations to generate
funds and uses them towards betterment of facilities and services.
• ISA Planned and implemented the 2nd biggest international event at BGSU “Diwali Mela-
Festival of Lights”.
Bowen Thompson Student Union Bowling Green State University
Information Desk Staff August 2009 - Feb 2010
• Communicated campus information about events and programs to visitors, students,
faculty and staff.
• Organized and participated in level-3 trekking and hiking expeditions in the Himalayas.
• Gained recognition in All India level professional dance competitions.
• Planned and organized different intercollegiate cultural events like dance and stage plays.
• Volunteered for “Enlightment through Friendship” Campaign organized by the Indian
Christopher J. Hare
5881 Carlew St. NW (330)526-8097
North Canton, OH 44720 email@example.com
Graduating with BS degree in Construction Engineering Technology, Spring 2011 and pursuing a full-time
position with an engineering or construction firm.
The University of Akron Anticipated B.S. Construction 3.7/4.0 GPA Cumulative;
Akron, Ohio May 2011 Engineering Technology Magna Cum Laude
The University of Akron A.A.S. Construction 3.5/4.0 GPA;
Akron, Ohio Engineering Technology With Distinction
Hoover High School
June 2007 Honors Diploma 3.8/4.0 GPA
North Canton, Ohio
Completed construction coursework including construction estimating, scheduling, structural and
geotechnical inspection and design, materials testing, construction management, surveying, and related
The University of Akron, Akron, OH Craig M. Wise, P.E.
August 2010- Assistant Professor
Construction Engineering Technology Present CET Program Director
Undergraduate Student Assistant: administrative (330) 972-6858
and instructional program support firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction Cost Segregation Studies Arthur Kohtz L.P.C-A
December 2010 -
Data management, plan review, report generation (330)760-4933
Paid (hourly) freelance work email@example.com
North Central Engineering, Canton, OH David Dickens, Geologist
Lab and Field Operations Manager
Soil and Concrete Testing Technician May-August 2010
North Central Engineering
Developed compaction test data management (Summer Co-op)
Office (330) 454-1113
system. Cell Phone (330) 353-1338
Sam’s Club, North Canton, OH Matt Evanich,
Meat Department Team Leader,
May 2007 - present
Product Demonstrator, Meat Cutter Sam’s Club North Canton
Professional Skills Accomplishments
Proficient in data management and statistical analysis Awarded Presidential Scholarship- University of Akron
Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Dean’s List each semester enrolled
Primavera, WinEst Graduating in 4 years
Member of the Society of Students in Construction Eagle Scout (January 2007)
Attended 2009 OCA Constructor for a Day Sam’s Club Employee of the Month June 2008
OSHA 30 Hour Safety Training Partner of the Quarter Summer 20
904 Bayberry Rd. N.W. (330)327-3563
Massillon, Ohio 44646 John42@uakron.edu
My intent is to find a job in the construction management field.
The University of Akron Akron, Ohio Construction Engineering Technology
Certificate in Technical Mathematics Expected Graduation
OSHA 30 Hour Card Associates Degree, May 2011
Choose Ohio First STEM Scholar Strong Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
Blue Print Reading, Safety in Construction, Electrical and Mechanical Service Systems, Materials Testing and
Roofing, painting, light carpentry, window replacements, baffelling, blown in insulation, plumbing, hot water
tank replacement, laying down engineered flooring, tiling, electrical wiring, vinyl siding and drywall.
Quik Cash Akron, Ohio January 2008-July 2008
Branch Manager Payday Loans
Increased customer base from 3% to 10% each month, resulting in budget numbers being met.
Recovered an average of 50% of severely past due accounts.
Due to new payday loan laws in Ohio, the company left the state.
Rent A Center Akron, Ohio August 2005-January 2008
Lead Assistant Manager Home Furnishings
Top five sales man every month out of 45 people.
Worked with delinquent customers and helped them get back to paying on time and not returning merchandise.
Trained all new hires and supervised all in store and field employees.
Resolved customer issues before they went to the next level of supervision.
North Coast Capital Funding Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio February 2005-August 2005
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer Home Mortgages
Cold called people to refinance their house, purchase a new home, or get a home equity line of credit.
Built relationships with banks and realtors for future business.
Guided customers through the loan process, from signing the application paperwork to closing the loan.
Sears Carpet & Upholstery Care Columbus, Ohio March 2004-February 2005
Branch Manager Carpet & air duct cleaning, hardwood floor refacing
Generated 15% increase revenue from prior year.
Supervised a team 15 in office and field employees.
Hired, trained, terminated employees, and provided feedback and retrained if necessary.
Handled customer issues, concerns, and complaints to insure customer retention.
Preformed performance evaluations on employees and worked with them to meet their goals.
Lacey R. Komorowski
436 Chestnut Drive, Berea, OH 44017
H: (440) 243-6118 C: (440) 283-5061
Driven individual seeking a challenging position where my education, experience, and interest in construction and
related industries can be utilized to benefit an innovative company
The University of Akron Akron, OH 8/2008-Present
Bachelor of Science, Construction Engineering Technology (ABET-Accredited) Expected 5/2011
Coursework in Sustainable Construction
The University of Akron Dean’s List, GPA 3.94/4.0
Purdue University West Lafayette, IN 2006-2008
Coursework completed in Civil Engineering program (ABET-Accredited)
Project Engineer Co-Op
Turner Construction Company Cleveland, OH 8/2009-5/2010
• Performed various tasks to assist the Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Superintendent
• Processed change orders, submittals, and RFI’s using Prolog Software
• Generated letters of authorization and project closeout documentation
• Coordinated meetings with subcontractors to ensure successful flow of operations
• Updated the change order log, material status log, and punch-list items
• Became familiar with construction processes, budgeting concepts, and job site safety
• Developed professional relationships with the contractors, engineer, architect, and owner
Engineer Intern Summers 2008/2009
AMTANK Armor, LLC Strongsville, OH 12/2008-1/2009
• Assisted the team with relocation to a new facility
• Updated the project schedule and AutoCAD drawings
• Organized meetings with contractors to discuss project progress
• Created a model of the Quality Management System using SharePoint Server 2007
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE:
The University of Akron: Construction Engineering Technology Akron, OH 8/2010-Present
• Assisted Program Director with administrative duties
• Monitored computer lab during open lab hours
• Assisted Professor of Statics course with grading
The University of Akron: Civil Engineering Akron, OH 8/2008-5/2009
• Operated and maintained lab equipment in hydraulics lab
• Utilized Microsoft Excel to organize lab data
• Managed multiple tasks simultaneously
Taylor Rental Berea, OH Summers 2005-2007
• Provided construction equipment rental cost and availability information to customers
• Managed customer orders and accepted payments
Microsoft Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, SharePoint Server 2007
Other: Primavera, SureTrak, Prolog Manager, AutoCAD 2009, HTML
• Society of Students in Construction, Society of Women Engineers, Constructor for a Day (Cleveland/Akron)
• Intramural Volleyball, Dance, and Green Building
Troy A. Fritch
7064 Wexford Hill Lane - Holland, OH - 43528 - (419)367-7473 - firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a full time, challenging position with a heavy highway construction company, where I can begin to
make an immediate contribution and provide diversified services, as well as technical and management
solutions to each and every project with the skills I have gained throughout my college career.
The Shelly Company: May. 2010 -
Findlay, OH Estimating Position Aug. 2010
- Completed estimates from start to finish for various projects using HCSS.
- Completed quantity take - offs for storm drainage, waterline, excavation,
embankment, asphalt paving, and other various bid items.
- Completed preliminary schedules for potential projects in Primavera - P6.
- Bid on construction and resurfacing projects ranging from $10,000 to $1,200,000.
The Shelly Company: May. 2009 -
Findlay, OH Construction Scheduler & Coordinator Sept. 2009
- Built as well as updated schedules within Primavera - P6.
- Ran various Reports from Primavera - P6.
- Entered estimate information into HCSS.
- Updated daily / weekly operation reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Completed quantity take - offs for various projects.
The Shelly Company:
Findlay, OH Summer Co-op Position
- Performed time studies on various job sites. May. 2008 -
- Entered data within Primavera - P3 as well as HCSS Heavy Bid. Aug. 2008
- Helped out with many types of tasks in the field on numerous job sites.
- Completed quantity take - offs for various projects.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Primavera - P6, Primavera - P3, HCSS
Heavy Bid, AutoCAD 2009, AGTEK Materials 3D and AGTEK Earthwork 3D.
Bowling Green State University Aug. 2007 -
Bowling Green, OH May. 2011
Construction Management and Technology
- Completing a Bachelor of Science in Technology degree and majoring
in Construction Management and Technology.
- Student Construction Management Association - Coordinating Officer 2009 - 2010.
- Student Construction Management Association - Vice President 2010 - 2011.
- OCA Columbus Estimating Competitions Feb. 2009, 2010 & 2011.
- ASC Chicago Heavy / Civil Student Estimating Competitions Oct. 2008, 2009 & 2010
- NAWIC Toledo Chapter student in construction scholarship recipient.
- 2010 Habitat for Humanity volunteer - Findlay, OH.
- 30 Hour OSHA Certification.
Maumee High School Aug. 2003 -
Maumee, OH May. 2007
Brittany Kalyn Lange
22 East Exchange St. Apt 3111
Akron, OH 44308
Cell: 724-882-8611 Email: email@example.com
The University of Akron -- Akron, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Management -- Anticipated Graduation December 2011
Major: Construction Engineering Technology
Overall GPA – 3.6/4.0
Dean’s List: Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010
Academic Achievements: The National Society of Collegiate Scholars, National Leadership Council, Phi Theta
Kappa Honor Society
Computer Literacy: Windows Operating Systems, Macintosh OS X
Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, AutoCAD, Primavera Scheduling
Certificates: 30-hour OSHA, Red Cross First Aid/CPR
• Materials Testing I & II • Field Scheduling & Management
• Blueprint Reading • Site Engineering
• Advanced Principles of Green Building • Management of Tech Based Operations
• Elements of Structures • Advanced Estimating
Intern: Goodyear Rubber & Tire Co -- Akron, OH May 2010 -- September 2010
- Assisted the lead engineer in the design and construction of a new tire plant in China
- Coordinated the activities of multiple contractors and project managers
- Prepared timelines and monitored progress of the construction of the new plant
- Prioritized capital expenditure projects by sorting based on multiple criteria
Head Coach: Canton United Soccer Club-- Canton, OH May 2010 -- Present
- Development of young players
- Organize practice sessions
- Provide players with constructive criticism
Volunteer Work / Activities:
2010: Secretary, Society of Students in Construction (SSIC), student organization that strives to bridge
the gap between the classroom and industry
2010: Activity, Active participant in Coed sports, including but not limited to soccer, futsal, volleyball, kickball
2010: Volunteer, Medina County Society of Handicap Citizen’s, Helped remodel, drywall and skim coat, 3
shower stalls into closet space
2010: Volunteer, Medina County Society of Handicap Citizen’s, Helped in the demolition of 3 shower stalls.
References Furnished Upon Request
Zachary J Miller
497 Stonewood St., Canal Fulton, OH 44614 · firstname.lastname@example.org · Tel: 3308021108
I am a driven, full-hearted, and enthusiastic individual who has ambition to excel at any task at hand. Although
I am still in college, I am still willing to learn and take on challenges that are at the company's best interests. I
am seeking a position that will challenge myself and push me to improve every day.
Sales/Technician (Feb 2009 - Present)
Kame's Sports Center, North Canton, Ohio
Promote/Sell the company at fundraisers/shoots
Create Lifetime Customers
Sales (Jun 2008 - Apr 2009)
Autozone, Massillon, Ohio
Bachelor of Science (Aug, 2006 - Present)
University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
• Major: Construction Engineering and Technologies • Achieving Associates Degree After Spring of 2011 •
Achieving Bachelor's Degree After Spring of 2012
• Soils and Concrete Lab Testing • Construction Estimation • Field Management and Scheduling • Surveying
• Computer Aided Drawing • Microsoft Office • P3 • Blueprint Reading
14765 Five Point Rd.
Perrysburg, OH 43551
Phone: (419) 260-6531
To find a position in the construction industry that would allow me to utilize my skills and knowledge in a way that
would further benefit the company as well as help me to gain firsthand experience in the field.
Aug. 2007 to Present at Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43402
Major: Bachelor of Technology in Construction Management -- Cumulative GPA: 3.74
BGSU Deans List for fall semester of 2007, spring and fall of 2008 and 2009, and fall semester of 2010.
Jack Murphey Distinguished Service Scholarship Award for high academics and athletics.
National Football Hall of Fame (Toledo Wistert Chapter)
Harold Anderson Scholarship – high academics, leadership, and community service award.
Lucas County Educational Services Scholarship – given for community service and volunteer work.
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
SCMA (Student Construction Management Association)
BGSU Club Rugby
Intramural Flag Football
Ignite (West Gate Church college Bible study group)
Grace United Methodist Church youth leader, bible study teacher, basketball coach, and band member.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Rudolph/Libbe, Inc. of Walbridge, OH. Phone: (419) 241-5000
May through August of 2010.
Position: Student Estimator – Internship
o Work with senior estimators, provide quantity take-offs and costs of materials, assemble
estimates, as well as create potential bidders lists for jobs.
o Contact material suppliers and subs for quotes, pricing and other information.
o Attend pre-bid meetings and job site walk-through meetings.
o Help to assemble estimates on bid days.
Brian Hufford Builders, Inc. of Perrysburg, OH. Phone: (419) 874-4751
Summer of ’09
Position: Construction Laborer - Internship
o Home remodeling and repair
Tear out and remodeling of bathrooms, including hanging drywall, cutting and laying
bathroom tile, and installing a new bath tub.
Replacing old windows and installing new windows with proper insulation.
Performed smaller tasks such as hanging drywall, repairing or replacing rotted walls and
windows, complete stripping and re-shingling of roofs, and more.
o Home Additions and Garages
Planning and constructing a front porch gable.
Planning and excavating foundations, pouring footers, laying stone and concrete slabs,
rough framing and finishing of garages.
Mike Stanton – Landlord of Trailer Park in Perrysburg, OH. Phone: (419) 215-8378
Spring of ’04 to Spring ‘06
Position: General Laborer/Groundskeeper
o Laborer – Trailer maintenance and repair
Tear out and replace damaged interior finishes
Drywall hanging, painting and finishing
Demolition and clean-up duties
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Fort Meigs Union Cemetery of Perrysburg, OH. Phone: (419) 874-7881
Spring and Summer of ’06 and ’07.
o Mowing, weed-whacking, and landscaping duties.
o Talking with cemetery visitors and fulfilling their wants or needs in regards to a loved one’s grave.
COMPUTER SKILLS AND CERTIFICATES
Have developed skills, experience, and am proficient in:
o Microsoft Excel
o Microsoft Word
o Primavera Contract Manager
o On-screen Takeoff
o Primavera P3 Scheduling.
30 hour OSHA certified.
Traveled to Haiti in ’08 and ’09 for one week each trip
o Performed electrical work on a school
o Painted interior walls
o Hung chalk and tack boards
o Medically assisted doctors with pulse and blood pressure calculations, and data entry of patients.
Summer of 03, 04, 05, and 06: Construction mission trips constructing,
building and remodeling houses.
JUSTIN C. RISLEY
721 Homewood Ave Barberton, Ohio 44203
(330) 848-1783 Home (330) 314-7771 Cell
• . I am seeking a position that will allow for the continuing development of my management and
engineering skills. I am currently looking for a co-op or internship for the summer of 2011. I will
also be interested in full time positions upon the completion of my degree in December.
05/10 - Present Timmerman Geotechnical Group Akron, Ohio
• Field Technician – While working directly with the engineers and onsite management I
performed field tests and inspections: on soil, concrete, asphalt, and steel. My duties also included
lab testing of soil and concrete .I received my certification in nuclear gauge testing.
1/08 – Present University of Akron Akron, Ohio
• Student Aide - Assist Professor Marcia Belcher in the materials testing lab. Duties include
general cleaning of the lab, preparation of lab materials, compilation of lab results, grading labs,
and proctoring of tests.
5/08 – 8/08 Safety Resource Company of Ohio Akron, Ohio
• Safety Consultant - Performed onsite safety inspections of construction and light industrial sites,
stood confined space watches, and completed the OSHA 30 hour training course.
9/93 – 9/97 United States Navy Washington, DC
• Aviation Boatswain Mate Equipment 3
Duties included recovery of aircraft during fight ops, maintenance and inspection of arresting
gear equipment (mechanical and hydraulic systems), supervision of maintenance crews, quality
control of maintenance, safety tag qualified, and work center safety officer. DD214 Available
• Construction Engineering Technology
I have completed my Associates degree in CET at the University of Akron, and will have 53 of
66 credits of my bachelor’s degree completed by summer 2011. My current GPA is 3.403, and
my expected graduation date is December 2011.
COMMUNITY SERVICE, EXTRACURICULAR, MEMBERSHIPS
Four time Student Advisor for the Committee for Engineering and Technology, SSIC Officer (Treasurer),
CMAA, Rebuilding Together, Alternative Spring Break, Phi Theta Kappa, SGDB (USGBC chapter),
Norman J. Schultz, Jr., EI, AC
PO Box 23024, Chagrin Falls, OH 44023 (440) 543-4709 email@example.com
Seeking a full time management position to utilize my extensive construction field experience, including a diverse
array of laboring, operating, supervision, contract administration, project design, and project inspection
obligations, along with my education and skills to increase the efficiency and profitability of your company.
Licenses & Certificates:
• Fundamentals of Engineering - Engineering Intern (EI)
• Certified Professional Constructor – Associate Constructor (AC)
• Certificate of Supervision and Management – The University of Akron
• Hess & Associates Eng. Inc. Newbury, OH
o Engineering/Technician/Construction Management - Project design, contract administration, construction
supervision, progress photo documentation, electronic project logs include “links” to expedite progress
reviews of reports and photos, product research, designing plans for storm and sanitary applications,
assembling specifications, compiling project scope, utilizing management skills to coordinate contractors
and project schedules, field inspections, daily reports, documentations of field progress and “as built”
conditions, correspondence with contractors and customers, filing and follow-up for EPA permit
applications, participation in “start-up” inspection meetings for waste water treatment facilities
• Lawler & Crowley Constructors Cleveland, OH
o Superintendent – field coordination, subcontractor selection, material procurement, project scheduling,
interfacing with design architect, owner, subcontractors, suppliers, and record progress meetings.
o Assistant Estimator - obtaining bid documents, quantity takeoffs, selection of vendors, composing and
distributing “Invitation to Bid” requests, interfacing with vendors, phone call follow up and tracking of
vendors, compiling vendors’ scope, product research, electronic filing of bid documents and plans, printing
plans and sections on the plotter, determining city registration, bonds and permit costs, compiling vendor
proposals for the bid, proposal delivery
o Project Management/Administrative - communicating with on-site personnel, monitoring safety practices,
coordinating trades, recording daily progress, conveying owner’s requests to the project manager,
documenting inspections, receiving material deliveries / Administrative support to the Project Assistants -
electronic filing and distribution of meeting minutes, reviewing, processing and filing of submittals,
closeout manual assembly, document tracking controls, vendor solicitation
• Frank Novak & Sons, Inc. Cleveland, OH
o Estimator/Project Manager – Wall covering and paint quantity takeoffs, material procurement, project
• Various local highway & heavy contractors
o Foreman – Responsibilities included crew selection, scheduling, project logistics, procurement,
distribution, site layout, project installation, project completion, communications, equipment maintenance
and repair, crew lodging and travel amenities, interfacing with state and local engineers as well as utility
protection services, coordinating laborers, heavy equipment operators, and electricians, project traffic
control, and local and state patrolmen personnel.
Norman J. Schultz, Jr., EI, AC - Page2
o Operating Engineer – Local 18; experienced in level, transit, and total station use for project layout and
transfer of grades. Heavy equipment operator for excavation, cuts, fills, demolition, utility installation, site
work, compaction, loading materials, under-drain installation, gas transmission and distribution lines,
trenching, and placing overhead structures
• The University of Akron – Part-time faculty, Engineering & Science Technology Special Lecturer
The University of Akron, Akron, OH
Bachelor of Science, Construction Engineering Technology: Dean’s List: 3.83/4.00 Cumulative GPA 2006
Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, OH
Associate of Applied Science, Civil Engineering Technology; 3.94/4.00 GPA (Summa Cum Laude) 2003
Ohio Operating Engineers, Richfield, OH 1994-Present
Software - MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Primavera Expedition, SureTrac, P-3,
On-Center OST, WinFax, WinEst, Command Post, QuickBooks, Autodesk Land Desktop 2004
Woodbadge - BSA - High Performance Team Training Course, C-31-07 2007
• The University of Akron – Construction Engineering Technology Academic Advisory Committee 2010-2013
• Greater Cleveland Council, BSA - Properties Committee
• Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) Akron-Canton Chapter Ex-officio Board Member
• Society of Students in Construction (SSIC)
• Golden Key International Honour Society
• Boy Scout Troop 177 Scoutmaster – Eagle Scout
• Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society (Alpha Psi Rho Chapter)
• American Institute of Constructors Technology Student (Student Member)
• Civil Engineering Association (CETSA) Vice Pres. (“00, “01, & 02)
Rongli Xiang (Jessie)
818 Thurstin Street, Apt. 4, Bowling Green, OH, 43402
Tel: (419)455-1039, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To secure a job related to Construction Estimating.
Master of Science Construction Engineering and Management; GPA:4.0/4.0 2010- May 2012
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH
Master of Science Construction Management 2008-2010
Chongqing University, China
Bachelor of International Construction Management 2004-2008
Engineering Chongqing University, China
Research Assistant Cost-Benefit Analysis of Silt Fences on Construction Site, 2010-present
ODOT Student Research Program, BGSU
Field assessment of the silt fence performance on ODOT projects
Contingent valuation of the benefit of silt fences
Analysis of cost-benefit of silt fences
Research Assistant The Improvement of Labor Productivity in Construction, China 2009
Analyzed the construction procedures
Calculated the time used in each procedure
Compared the labor productivity between U.S. and China
Internship Estimating, Weihai Company, Shandong, China 2008
Reviewed plans and specifications
Provided quantity take-offs
Contacted material suppliers
Graduation Project Pre-Construction of a School Building Project , China 2008
Provided quantity take-offs of foundation, masonry and steel
Assemble a complete estimate
Graphically schedule the project plan
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer -Help habitat build affordable houses 2011-Present
Human Ohio Volunteer - Built cat shelters MLK Day
College of Technology Graduate Student Senate -Worked with faculty to enhance 2010-Present
graduate students’ academic and social experiences
Familiarity with Auto CAD, Timberline, Stat Crunch, and Office 2007 applications
Good listener and communicator
Highly analytical thinking for identifying, scrutinizing, and improving complex work processes
BGSU, College of Technology Building, Bowling Green, OH 43403
Cell: (614)354-4634 E-mail: email@example.com
Construction Estimation & Bid Preparation (5 months’ internship experience with K-12 projects in U.S.A.)
Contract Drawing Design (3 years’ experience in 8 residential/commercial projects)
Construction Schedule Design & Quality Control (2 years’ teaching experience)
①Job Title: Estimating Assistant and Shop Drawing Designer (Structural Steel)
Employer: Cheugh and Schlegel, Inc., Columbus, OH, U.S.A.
Date: From 2010 Sep To Present
Job Responsibility: Shop Drawing Design, Bid Preparation, and Estimating (By Hand or Timberline)
②Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Employer: Bowling Green State University, College of Technology, Bowling Green, OH, U.S.A.
Date: From 2009 Aug To Present
③Job Title: Instructor (Construction Management)
Employer: School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, University of Jinan, China
Job Responsibility: Teaching Construction Scheduling and Quality Control
Date: From 2005 Oct To 2008 Jan
④Job Title： Associate Project Manager and Contract Drawing Designer
Employer: The Institute of Energy Efficient Building at Shandong Architecture University, China
Job Responsibility: Contract Drawing Design, Meeting with Client, and Coordinating disciplines
Date: From 2005 Jul To 2008 Jan
① 2009 Aug-Present
Bowling Green State University, College of Technology
Major: Construction Management & Technology
Degree: Master of Industrial Technology
Award: Teaching Assistant Scholarship
② 2002 Sep-2005 Jun
Shandong Jianzhu University, School of Architecture and Urban Planning
Major：Architectural Technology & Science
Degree：Master of Engineering
Award: Three Years’ GA Scholarship
③ 1998 Sep-2002 Jul
Shandong Jianzhu University, School of Civil Engineering
Major：Civil Engineering (Highway and Bridge)
Degree：Bachelor of Engineering
Alan Atalah PhD, P.E. Associate Professor
BGSU, College of Technology, Construction Management Program, Bowling Green, OH 43403
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (419) 372-8354 Fax: (419) 372-6066
Roger Chaney Estimator
Cheugh and Schlegel, Inc., 611 E. Weber Rd, Suite 201. Columbus, OH 43211
Email: email@example.com Phone: (614) 268-6340
Students Seeking Co-op
Reuben A. Auck
472 Allyn Street
Akron, Ohio 44304
The University of Akron
Candidate for Construction Engineering Technology Bachelors of Science Degree
Expected Graduation Date, May 2012
Maintaining a 3.929 GPA
Received OSHA 30 hour card
Received CPR and First Aid Certification
The Ohio State University Agricultural and Technical Institute
Received Construction Management Associates of Applied Science Degree, June 2009
Maintained a 3.846 GPA
Self Employed Bucyrus, Ohio June, 2009 – Present
Installed tile floors, porch decking, roofing, interior trim work
The Ohio State University ATI Wooster, Ohio January, 2009 - June, 2009
- Facilitated the tutoring of two students in Physics and Physics II, and a Physics study
- Consisted of an average of five students per session
- Created lesson plans for study sessions
- Assisted students and answered questions
Zollinger Builders Smithville, Ohio June, 2008 – November, 2008
-Duties included- rough and finish carpentry work, cleanup, and material estimations
CD Cabinets Sycamore, Ohio October, 2006 – September, 2007
-In charge of building cabinet doors, sanding, and cleanup
-Assisted in finishing, and installation of cabinets
Adena Corporation Mansfield, Ohio June, 2006 – August, 2006
-Duties included- cleanup, carpentry work, constructing rebar reinforcement
- Society of Students in Construction Fall 2010-Present
- Campus Focus Fall 2010-Present
- Campus Crusade for Christ Fall 2007-Present
- Student Leader Fall 2007-Spring 2009
D I L L O N B E T TA C
690 Edwards Road
North Fairfield, Ohio 44855
To gain a co-op position with a company where I can learn and develop skills
in the construction industry.
The University of Akron Akron, Ohio
Bachelors Construction Engineering August 2008 - Present
GPA 3.3/4.0 (cumulative)
STEM Scholarship Member
Dean’s List: 4 Semesters
Expected Graduation 2012
Pepperidge Farm Company Willard, Ohio
Plant Services June 2008 - August 2008
Disassembled/Assembled June 2009 - August 2009
machines and clean June 2010- August 2010
Responsible for keeping work
areas clean and safe for operation
Cramer Farms New London, Ohio
Farm Hand July 2007
Gathered rocks in fields
Fisher-Titus Medical Center Norwalk, Ohio
File Specialist June 2006 - January 2007
Organized, sorted and
moved medical records
Entered information into
Society of Students in Construction Member August 2009 - Present
STEM Scholarship Program August 2009 - Present
Carpentry 2001- Present
Sports, Hunting, Fishing, and Golfing
Habitat For Humanity
Home Address School Address
9712 Hazelwood Ave. 420 Power St.
Strongsville, Oh 44149 Akron, Oh 44311
To secure a summer position/internship in the construction field.
The University of Akron, Akron, OH
Bachelor of Science, Construction Engineering Technology
Expected Graduation, December 2011
Dean’s List: (Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010)
1Year CPR/AED card
3 Year First Aid card
Advanced Estimating Construction Formwork Material Testing II
Basic Surveying I Electrical Service Systems Mechanical Service Systems
Basic Surveying II Elements of Structures Safety in Construction
Blueprint Reading First Aid & CPR Site Engineering
Building Construction Legal Aspects in Construction Statics
Computer Aided Drawing I Material Testing I Strength of Materials
-ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition – Maple Heights, Ohio (October 2010)
-Estimating Software: Heavy Bid Express Revision 2.1 (Heavy Construction Systems Specialists)
-Other Software: AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint (high school-present)
Marco’s Pizza Akron, OH July 2010-Present
-Answer customer calls and effectively record detailed orders electronically.
-Prepare orders on a time-based schedule in a precise matter.
-Provide excellent customer service and maintain orderly flow of operation.
Marc’s Deeper Discount Store Akron, OH / Berea, OH May 2009-May 2010
-Stocked and ordered merchandise and maintained orderly overstock.
-Unloaded truck in precise manner and placed products in proper location.
-Provided customers with detailed item location and price identification.
Available upon request.
5152 Charles Street firstname.lastname@example.org
Maple Heights, Ohio 44137 Cell: (216) 287-2357 Home: (216) 581-7720
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a construction Co-Op or full time work assignment starting May 2011
EDUCATION: The University Of Akron, Akron, Ohio 8/2007-Present
Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering Technology
Expected Graduation: 2011
Associate of Science in Construction Engineering Technology 12/2010
Grade Point Average: 3.4/4.0
Dean’s list: Every semester
Finance 100% of education through full time work.
COURSEWORK: Materials Testing (soils and concrete), Auto CAD, and Basic Surveying I and II, Statics, Strengths
of Materials, Calculus I and II, Blueprint reading, Site Engineering, Residential Building
Construction, Safety in Construction, Hydraulics, Accounting, Legal Aspects of Construction,
Estimating, Advanced Estimating, HR, Electrical/ Mechanical Service Systems, Elements of
Structures, 3 years of Spanish, OSHA 30 Hour, Scheduling, Contracts and Specifications
7/2010- 10/2010 Assistant Estimator (Co-Op), Tri Mor Corporation, Twinsburg, Ohio
• Prepare bid books
• Quantity take offs
• Digitizing of plans
• Estimating projects
3/2009- Present Landscaping, Kadas Landscaping, Maple Heights, Ohio
• Founder of Kadas Landscaping
• Grounds keeping of many yards and maintenance of all equipment
• Record all records of service done for customers
• Estimating and scheduling
5/2008- Present Cook and Grounds Crew, Acacia Country Club, Lyndhurst, Ohio
• Make orders in a timely manner
• Manage employees
• Leading by setting up and managing banquet functions and being responsible for closing
the kitchen at night
• Maintained appearance of the club inside and out
6/2008- 04/2009 Landscaping, Yardmaster, Garfield Heights, Ohio.
• Supervisor of crew and responsible for the completion of jobs.
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Auto CAD, Primavera, Heavy Bid, On Center Digitizing, Scanning
Activities: Society of Students in Construction: Fall 2008-present
National Society of Leadership and Success: Spring 2010-present
Make a difference day: Fall 2008, Fall 2009, Fall 2010
Constructor for a day: Spring 2008, Fall 2009, Fall 2010
Tyler Kanary 941 Orchard Dr.
Rossford, OH 43460
Cell Phone: 419-410-4615
Home Phone: 419-666-8748
To obtain a co-op position in the field of Construction Management where I can apply the knowledge I have
learned in the classroom to a practical working environment.
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Technology
Major: Construction Management & Technology
Expected Graduation date: May 2014
Casa Barron’s Mexican Grill
Host/Server (April 2009- September 2009)/ (April 2010- Present)
- Provided customer service
- Maintained kitchen appliances
- National Honors Society (2007-2010) - Member of SCMA (2010-2011)
- Academic Honor Roll (2006-2010) - SCMA Golf Outing (2010)
- Indian Hills Parent Scholarship (2010) - SCMA Canoe Trip (2010)
- Youth Basketball Coach (2006-2010) - Toledo Mud Hens cashier (2007-2009)
- Youth Soccer Referee (2008) - Rossford American Legion volunteer (2006-2008)
- Right to Read Week volunteer (2008-2010) - Drug and Alcohol counselor (2006-2010)
SKILLS RELATED COURSE WORK
- Proficient with: Word, Excel, AutoCAD - Basic Computer Aided Design (Version 2010)
- Interact with others - Topics in Construction
- Easily taught - Intro to Construction
- Motivated to complete a goal - Google Sketch-Up
REFERENCES: Available upon request
2232 Sonnington Dr. Dublin, OH 43016 (614) 558-3671 email@example.com
Co-operative Education internship that will offer growth and professional experience specific to the
Skills Summary ______________________________________________________________________
Project Management Computer Savvy Professional Presentations
Basic AutoCAD Customer Service Organization
Report Preparation Scheduling
Written Correspondence Marketing & Sales
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY – Bowling Green, OH
Bachelor of Science in Technology
Major: Construction Management Technology
Expected Graduation Date: May 2015
Employment History _________________________________________________________________
OLENTANGY SWIM ASSOCIATION – Powell, OH
Lifeguard & Swim Lesson Instructor, May - September 2008, 2009 & 2010
Completed miscellaneous maintenance tasks, including repair of mechanical equipment
Planned and executed daily group and private swim lessons
Developed effective interpersonal skills through interactions with guests and staff
Responsible for maintaining safe and healthy pool environment
IACONOS – Shawnee Hills, OH
Delivery Driver, April 2010 – August 2010
Provided prompt service and quality product
Ensured customer satisfaction
Managed customer service and processed telephone orders
OHIO MOTORCYCLE – Hilliard, OH
Motorcycle Technician Internship, April – May 2010
Prepped motorcycles for service
Performed basic service, including oil changes, etc.
Learned several service techniques
Awards & Achievements _______________________________________________________________
HOBEY BAKER HIGH SCHOOL CHARACTER AWARD, 2010
Dublin Scioto High School Hockey
Awarded to individuals who display Character, Commitment, Teamwork, Persistence, Selflessness, Academic
Excellence and Sportsmanship.
Traveled to New Orleans with local church ministry to assist with relief efforts post Hurricane Katrina
Assisted with daily maintenance at Wood County, OH Humane Society
Participated in high school mentoring program with special needs students
Campus Address: Permanent Address:
302 E Buchtel Ave 3089 Sparrows Crest
Akron, OH 44304 Akron, OH 44319
(330) 972-2348 (330) 608-1399
To obtain a Cooperative Work Study position with a premiere construction company in order to create a positive and
productive work experience.
The University of Akron, Akron, OH Expected Graduation: Fall 2011
B.S. Construction Engineering Technology Overall GPA: 3.272 (4.0 scale)
The University of Akron Dean’s List, Spring 2009, Fall 2009 and Spring 2010
Technical Electives in Intro to Green Building
Residential Building Construction class
Current member of SSIC (Society of Students in Construction)
Participated in Constructor for a Day (City of Akron) (Fall 2010)
COMPUTER AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
Basic Computer Skills in AutoCAD
Received Osha 30 - Hour Card
Framed and finished parents basement
Hung and finished grandparents basement ceiling
Volunteered for Habitat for Humanity (Fall 2010)
Volunteered for Rebuilding Together (Fall 2010)
Chenoweth Golf Course
Akron (Spring 2005- Present)
Manage golf leagues, maintain carts and club house area
Gained good communication and scheduling skills
Personal Touch Car Wash
Akron (Fall 2007- Fall 2010)
Performed basic duties (prep, detail, dry)
Communicated well with customers
110 Charlemagne Drive Ssamek@kent.edu
Butler Pa, 16002 (724) 822-8565
I am a sincere, loyal, hardworking and dedicated individual who has a great deal of ambition. I am seeking an internship
with a well established Construction Company to further my knowledge of the industry. I have a thorough knowledge in the
construction industry, I love to learn, and am always up to a challenge. I get along well with others, while also working
efficiently on my own. I am seeking a position where I can develop and excel while giving my best to an employer.
Kent State University - Kent, OH Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
• Expected Graduation: May 2012
• GPA: 3.30 / 4.00
• Construction Management Student Organization President 2010-2011
• Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Student Chapter President 2010-2011
• Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) of Akron/Canton member
The Ruhlin Company – Estimating Intern (Jan 2011 – Present)
• Establish physical take off quantities using digitizing software
• Review all jobs prior to bid to establish clear scopes of work
• Development and distribution of all pertinent information to subcontractors during bid process
• Find trades in area/region of where work is being bid
Area Wide Protective, Inc. – Asset Management Intern (Sept 2010. – Jan 2011)
• Created and updated standardized monthly reports
• Ensured the accuracy and integrity of reports and data
• Compiled data from multiple sources into easy to understand reports
• Analyzed data and made recommendations to improve operating efficiencies
Trumbull Corporation - Estimating / Engineering Intern (Jan 2010. – Sept 2010)
• Developed detailed quantity spreadsheets for cost and payment tracking purposes
• Communicated construction activities with the Owner (PennDot)
• Developed weekly construction schedules for foreman
• Evaluated manpower and equipment resources based on budgetary constraints
• Managed scheduling of major subcontractors and material suppliers
• Updated overall construction schedule.
Beth's Barricades - Foreman (Apr. 2008 – Jan. 2010)
• Maintain and Protection of traffic in construction zones
• Responsible for driving company vehicles
• Operated Message Boards, Arrow Boards & Speed Trailers
Awards & Achievements
• OSHA 30 Hour Certified
• Dean’s List
• 2010 Kent State University Volunteer of the Year
• 2008 Susan B Anthony & Fredrick Douglas Award in Social Sciences
• 2008 Butler County Community College Architecture Competition 2nd Place
• 2008 Karen Shoop Award in Leadership
• References Available Upon Request
6120 Lakemoor Circle NW. Canton Ohio 44718 firstname.lastname@example.org
MICHAEL A. SPANGLER
My objective is to obtain secure dependable employment with a company and employer who not only values
a dedicated employee but also offers and encourages personal and professional growth within the company.
August 2008- Present The University of Akron Construction Engineering
GPA: 3.4 Deans List (4 years)
- OSHA 30hr training Skills: - Drywall, Framing, Trim, Layout
- Technical Mathematics Certification -Roofing, Electrical, Painting
- Rebuilding Together Volunteer
Fluent In The Following:
AutoCAD, Blue Print Reading, Safety in Construction, Mechanical Service Systems, Excel Materials Testing
• Associates Degree in Construction Engineering Technology: May 2011
• Bachelors Degree in Construction Engineering Technology: May 2013
- Rebuilding Together, New Orleans (March 2011) Revitalizing Homes
- Rebuilding Together, Akron (September 2010) Revitalizing Homes
- Habitat for Humanity
- University of Akron Marching Band
2006- Present Hallrich Inc. Canton, Ohio
Server/ Head Trainer
In a large chain I was first hired as a host and quickly promoted to a lead server in charge of closing, order
cash out, training and drawer maintenance while completing my studies at the University of Akron.
2008- Present Service MasterClean Canton, Ohio
Demolition/Restoration Repair Technician
In a large area restoration company I am on call for emergency work. Responsibilities include demolition,
mold removal, fire/water damage, water and fire tear outs, repair and maintenance as well as any other
Summer 2008(Seasonal) Hammontree Associates Canton, Ohio
Surveyor/Heavy Construction Laborer
In a large construction company I began as a surveyor involved in heavy highway work with experience
surveying bridges, homes, roads and sewer systems until my resignation to attend classes at the University of
Akron. I was hired as a seasonal apprentice.
Christopher F. Szabo
17904 English Drive • Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023 • 440-567-2773
email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
Working on Bachelors of Science in Construction Engineering
Expected Graduation Fall 2011
• Key classes completed: Surveying 1 & 2, Construction
Surveying, AutoCAD I, Building Construction, Statics, Blue
Print Reading, Materials Testing 1 & 2, Technical Report
Writing , Construction Estimating, OSHA Safety Class,
Field Management & Scheduling, Residential Building
Construction, Mechanical Service Systems
Work Turfscape Inc., Twinsburg, Ohio 06/2010-08/2010
Experience: Technician Level 3
• Operated commercial lawn equipment
• Performed all aspects of lawn and bed maintenance
• Occasionally drove company vehicles
Rolling Meadows Lawn Care, Newbury, Ohio 04/2004-6/2010
• Managed up to 5 employees
• Scheduled employees
• Performed landscape installs
• Trained new employees
• Experienced in masonry construction
• Assisted owner in billing and computer editing
• Experienced in patio and retaining wall construction
• Maintained equipment
• Operated skid steers, excavators, and commercial mowing
• Experienced in towing a variety of trailers
• Communicated with customers
• Operated company while owner went on vacations
• Experienced in lawn maintenance
K & H Farms, Freeport, Ohio 05/2007-Present
Farm Hand/Grounds Maintenance
• Framed walls and performed roofing work
• Performed electrical and plumbing work
• Assisted in foundation and grade work
• Experienced in paint and trim work
• Operated large farm tractors and a backhoe
• Assisted in numerous aspects of building construction
Technical Skills: Computer Skills
• Skilled in: Microsoft Office Professional (all programs),
Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD (2d drawings), Primavera
Heidi M Wagner
Current (until May 2011) • 935 Thurstin Avenue, Apartment 68, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403
Permanent • 27824 Jewell Road, Defiance, Ohio 43512 • (419)769-7928 • email@example.com
Seeking an entry-level position with a reputable business whose values I respect and with which I
would be well-suited to utilize my training in construction management.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, • Time-management and scheduling
AutoCAD, AutoDesk Revit, and • Familiar with LEED certification process
• Public speaking and written
• Excellent organization skills communication skills
• Experience in leadership of diverse • Attention to detail
MacPherson Architects • Toledo, Ohio • June 2010 – Present
Assistant Project • Revised AutoCAD drawings to fit clients' needs.
Engineer • Participated in design phases of commercial and residential
• Managed preparation and logging of shop drawings, change orders,
• Maintained organization of office documents and supplies.
• Assisted Project Manager in LEED certification documentation.
Habitat for Humanity • Defiance, Ohio • May – August 2009 (Summer Placement)
Assistant Director • Managed communications between outside organizations and
• Revised AutoCAD drawings to fit homeowner's needs.
• Wrote articles and produced graphics used to promote organization.
• Procured over $1,500 in grants for lumber use.
• Recruited over 20 first-time volunteers
Bowling Green State University • Bowling Green, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Technology: Construction Management and Technology
Anticipated Graduation: May 2012
Involved with: • College of Technology Ambassadors (President)
• Student Construction Management Association
• American Institute of Architecture Students (Freedom By Design Representative)
Dean's List (GPA of 4.0), Bowling Green State University
Recipient of Bowling Green State University’s Collaborative Scholarship (Academic Year
2009-2010 and 2010-2011), an award presented to continuing College of Technology
Graduated as Valedictorian from Tinora High School (2008)