2009-10 School Year
East Ridge High School
Special Education Department
• Read and Write Gold • Revisit all
Technology accommodations for each
• Proficient use of student.
calculator by all students • Assistive technology
• Professional development considered first
• Implementation of • Prompting/cueing a must
services in regular for some students
education and resource • Administrative support of
Read and Write Gold
Read and Write Gold on every computer in
• Students access the regular curriculum
through e-mail accounts , electronic
reading of books,
• Joe accessible books
• 3. Helps students create word documents
with prediction, spelling, thesaurus.
• 4. Possible to train R/W to recognize
student voice so that the program is the
scribe for the student.
• Proficiency is a must with calculator use
• Practice, practice, practice
• Use of procedure prompts so that students
get use to the repetition of steps.
• Modeling appropriate use of calculators
• Allow students to download and link
calculators with formulas, etc. to help them
1. Insist on inclusion of PD with regular
2. Insures you are as educated as your
collaborative teacher about changes in
the field of study you are assigned to
3. Don’t take NO for an answer.