Total Contract Solutions
Expertise Complete range of mining
and earthmoving services
Resources Extensive and diverse range of
modern plant and equipment
Safe & Reliable Excellent safety record and
ability to deliver on time
Lucas have the experience and resources
to tackle the largest and most challenging
Many leading mining companies rely on Lucas to
undertake major mining and construction works for
mines under development and ongoing mining
operations in some of the most remote parts of Australia.
Our services are increasingly in demand as new mines
are commissioned and miners seek to build infrastructure
quickly, safely and cost-effectively within tight timeframes
and get mines into production.
Many years of involvement in the industry means
we deliver on all occupational health and safety
expectations, operational and technical requirements,
and are used to working with all stakeholders,
including clients, government agencies,
suppliers and local communities.
Range of services
Lucas have the expertise, personnel Recent mining projects
and heavy equipment to cover all service Exco Resources Poly Metals White Dam – Gold mining
areas including: operation where contract mining services included topsoil
stripping, drill and blast, load & haul waste and ore, processing
• Contract mining and civil works for mine infrastructure.
• Complete service from resource to ship Iluka Jacinth-Ambrosia Mine – One of the world’s largest
• Bulk earthworks mineral sands mines 270km west of Ceduna. Services
included 95kms roadworks, mining, permanent village,
• Overburden and topsoil stripping airstrip, bulk earthworks, civil works including concrete and
• Drilling and blasting underground services for the entire process facility.
• Loading and hauling ROM materials Iluka Jacinth-Ambrosia Mine – Extensive test pit trials
near Ceduna to establish the best mining and processing
• Crushing and processing methodologies for one of the Largest Zircon Mines in
• Construction and reclaiming of stockpiles the world.
• Bulk commodity, ore and concentrate haulage Oz Minerals, Prominent Hill – Topsoil stripping, airstrip, bulk
earthworks, 140km of mine site access and concentrate haul
• Tailings dam construction roads, tailings storage facility and process plant civil works for
• Mine and quarry development and maintenance the copper-gold mine, 650 km north-west of Adelaide.
Termite Resources, Cairn Hill – Magnetite project near
• Rehabilitation and re-vegetation
Coober Pedy. Services included overburden stripping, drill and
• Mine infrastructure blast, load and haul, crushing of iron ore and construction of
an underpass on Stuart Highway.
• Construction, upgrading and maintenance of
haul roads and mine access roads Holcim – Load and haul, overburden stripping, plant hire
Lucas are the preferred choice of many leading mining
companies because we are reliable, we meet deadlines and Onesteel, Ardrossan Dolomite Mine – Contract equipment
we have an excellent safety and environmental record. We supplier for load and haul, overburden removal, shiploading,
are also well-equipped to overcome the unexpected – even rehabilitation works, blast hole drilling, crushing, labour and
in the remotest of areas. plant hire services.
Pivotal to our ability to deliver successful projects is About us
our experienced team of project managers, engineers,
supervisors, surveyors, shotfirers, operators and drillers, With an extensive and dedicated workforce of qualified and
together with our own on-site maintenance facilities headed experienced staff, and one of the largest plant and equipment
by experienced managers supported by well-trained diesel fleets, no project is too large or challenging.
fitters, boilermakers and trades assistants. Lucas maintains a high level of integrity, favourable community
Lucas operate three 8-seater and 10-seater turbo prop relations and environmental responsibility in all our operations
aircraft to ensure fast and convenient access to remote and will not compromise on safety in our delivery of productive
projects, and an ability to dispatch parts, supplies and and efficient services ensuring we exceed client expectations.
undertake crew changes on demand. Safety is a core corporate value and is integrated into all Lucas
Lucas are a multidisciplined contractor and are committed processes. We are accredited to ISO 18001 and the Australian
to employing local people in regional and remote areas to New Zealand Standard 4801 for Occupational Health and
support our permanent staff. Safety Management Systems.
Our commitment to safety is demonstrated by high safety
standards instilled within our company, this has ensured that
Lucas has an enviable safety record.
Telephone: 08 8179 4000
Facsimile: 08 8358 3849
PO Box 150
Brighton SA 5048