Southern Polytechnic State University
1100 S. Marietta Pkwy Marietta, Georgia 30060-2896
POSITION TITLE: Director of Scholarships and Financial Aid
DEPARTMENT: Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
DIVISION: Student and Enrollment Services
DATE: Reviewed 2003 REPORTS TO: V. P. Student and Enrollment Services
This highly administrative position provides leadership of the University’s Office of Scholarships and
Financial Aid. The position is responsible for maintaining compliance with all federal, state and
institutional regulations in the administration of the various aid programs. Immediate supervisor for
this position is the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
1. Facilitate the integration of the financial aid process into the enrollment management effort of the
2. Provide administrative oversight of compliance for institutional, state and federal programs.
3. Review all compliance and audit issues and determine corrective actions necessary.
4. Coordinate and maintain a quality customer service program.
5. Design and maintain effective budget management and fund utilization systems.
6. Prepare reports and information submitted to state and federal agencies.
7. Serve as resource to students and staff.
8. Provide personnel supervision.
9. Provide for staff development and financial aid training.
1. Serve on University committees to represent the financial aid office.
2. Act as liaison, to develop and maintain appropriate communications with all constituents.
3. Maximize the use of relevant computer applications.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
1. Thorough knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and policies regarding financial aid.
2. Skills in budget development, record keeping and accounting.
3. Ability to interpret statistical data.
4. Skill in strategic and operational planning.
5. Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Masters Degree or higher in counseling, administration or closely related field.
Minimum of 5 years of financial aid experience at the assistant director’s level or higher in a college or
Experience with automated systems.
Ability to work in a diverse environment.