Smoked Rear Reflector with LEDs for Mazda 6
• Socket wrench with 10mm socket or 10mm wrench
• Supplies for tapping into four (4) 22mm wires
• Two (2) cable ties
• 3 or 4 foot piece of cable or cord
(used temporarily for wire routing)
1) Remove stock reflector by squeezing clip on
the back side, as indicated by the yellow
You will need to reach up under the bumper
in order to reach the clip.
2) Feed wire connected to new reflectors
through the rectangular hole.
3) Push wires into the indention on the clip on the
back of the new reflector, so that when the clip
is inserted into the rectangular hole, the wires
do not get caught.
4) Clip the new reflector into place in the same
way that the stock reflector was installed.
5) Open trunk/hatch. Pull back the carpet on the
side to reveal the backside of the outer tail
lamp. Remove the two 10mm nuts that secure
the outer tail lamp.
6) Remove outer tail lamp by pulling towards the
rear of the vehicle. Note that the outermost
portion of the lamp is held into place by a clip
that slides over a bolt. Pulling towards the rear
of the vehicle will slide the clip off of the bolt.
7) Unclip the wiring harnesses from the sockets on the back of the tail lamp by squeezing the clips in
the locations indicated by the arrows and set the lamp aside.
8) Feed a 3 or 4 foot piece of cable or cord
down the hole between the chassis and the
9) When the cable or cord reaches the bottom
of the bumper, reach up underneath the car
and retrieve it.
10) Secure the wire from the reflector to the
cable or cord and fish the cable or cord back
out of the hole.
11) Route the reflector wire through the hole in
the chassis into the trunk.
11) Tap into the appropriate wiring harness and connect the reflector wiring, depending on when you
would like the reflector LEDs to light.
The black wire leading from the reflector will connect to one of the black wires labeled “Ground”
and the red wire leading from the reflector will connect to whichever green/aqua wire you choose.
12) Clip the tail lamp wiring harnesses back into the sockets on the tail lamp.
13) Pull all of the slack in the reflector wire into the trunk so there is no loose wire hanging behind the
14) Place the tail lamp back into the chassis and secure it into place using the 10mm nuts that were
15) Tie up the slack in the reflector wire
using a cable tie.
16) Put carpet back into place.
17) Repeat procedure for the reflector on
the opposite side of the vehicle.