English Episode 106
1. Scene 1(SB 9.4) 21. TOPI: (DRY) That you were beaten by your husband…
2. Location: Int. Topi‟s home, morning
3. B/G SFX: Soft music, breakfast-sips and bites 22. BLESSING: (CHIPPING IN) And that‟s what I don‟t want, Topi.
4. TOPI, BLESSING.
23. TOPI: Blessing, why do you decide to keep quiet about your
5. TOPI: (LIGHTLY) Eh! Blessing, you are eating breakfast like a suffering?
24. BLESSING: (PERPLEXED) What do you mean, Topi?
6. BLESSING: (CONCERNED) Like a young kid? How? Have I spilled
porridge on the table, Topi? 25. TOPI: (WITH EMPHASIS) It is very bad that a woman gets
beaten by her husband.
7. TOPI: Not that. You are eating slowly.
26. BLESSING: I also know it‟s bad…
8. BLESSING: (LIGHTLY) And who tells you young ones eat slowly, Topi?
27. TOPI: Then don‟t shy away from speaking out about it…
9. TOPI: Ah! You also hurry up, Blessing.
28. BLESSING: (SHOCKED) What!
10. BLESSING: But why, Topi? Me, I am staying here at home, I am not
going to the salon like you. 29. TOPI: Yes. A problem shared is a problem solved, Blessing.
11. TOPI: You again don‟t want to go to the salon to work, Blessing? 30. BLESSING: (UNCOMFORTABLE) No way! I couldn‟t face them, Topi!
12. BLESSING: (RESPECTFULLY) It‟s not that I don‟t want t work Topi- 31. TOPI: Yes, you can and you should.
it‟s because the bruises on my face haven‟t healed yet.
32. BLESSING: Topi, I can‟t let people know that I was beaten by my
13. TOPI: But they can‟t stop you from working, right? husband.
14. BLESSING: SILENT 33. TOPI: Blessing, you did not do this to yourself. Your husband did
this to you.
15. TOPI: (SHARPLY) Blessing, your life can‟t go on like this!
34. BLESSING: Yes. But why should other women know about it, Topi? I
16. BLESSING: (BEGGINGLY) It will just be a few days before I heal, am ashamed.
35. TOPI: STEVEN should be ashamed! The women should know how
17. TOPI: You cannot let your life come to a full-stop, Blessing! he has treated you…
18. BLESSING: I want to work, Topi… 36. BLESSING: And then? Will it help to humiliate him?
19. TOPI: And you CAN work! 37. TOPI: Blessing, Steven is the one who needs help. No woman who
comes to my salon thinks it is okay for any husband to do
20. BLESSING: But…Women seeing me with all these bruises-what will THAT to his wife. Look at you – you are such a beautiful
they think? young woman – and pregnant too! – It makes me angry just
to think that Steven did that
English Episode 106
Look at the facts, Blessing. He borrowed money from you
38. BLESSING: (VOICE CRACKING) I know, but… and lost it? Am I right?
39. TOPI: (GENTLE) There are no „buts‟, Blessing. Women suffer 54. BLESSING: (NERVOUS) Yes.
most from this domestic violence, and we need to help
ourselves. 55. TOPI: That was money that YOU earned By your own labors!
40. BLESSING: All the same, I can‟t…
56. BLESSING: Yes.
41. TOPI: (SERIOUSLY) Blessing, if we hide away and don‟t say
anything, it‟s like telling our men: it‟s okay to hit us. You 57. TOPI: (GETTING STEAMED UP)And he beat you because HE
are right. NO! does not trust you. You are big with his child and he thinks
you are going to go and sleep with one man or ten men… I
42. BLESSING: (PLEADING) Please, Topi. tell you, it beats me what these men think about us that
they have such a low opinion of us. You are carrying HIS
43. TOPI: I have a good mind to tell the salon women that you were child! The only man you ever think about is STEVE, right?
beaten by your husband and that you prefer to cover up for
him… 58. BLESSING: Yes.
44. BLESSING: (WORRIED) You can‟t do that, Topi! 59. TOPI: And he has the cheek to beat YOU! This is a man who was
messing around with…
45. TOPI: Why not?
60. BLESSING: Stop it, Topi!
46. BLESSING: What if Steve finds out!
61. TOPI: (REALIZING SHE HAS GONE TOO FAR) All right. I am
47. TOPI: The better. sorry, Blessing. But that does not change the fact that YOU
have NOTHING to be ashamed about. NOTHING. And I
48. BLESSING: (SHOCKED) What! don‟t want you hurt by somebody who doesn‟t have the
confidence to care of you for what you are. That‟s MY
49. TOPI: It‟s high time Steve paid for his sins-the world should know concern. And I can assure you, I know my customers,
that he is a wife beater. everyone of them ADMIRES you and thinks the world of
50. BLESSING: No.
62. BLESSING: (CRYING LIGHTLY) I am sorry, Topi. I was just so
51. TOPI: Yes. Right now he thinks you are the one who is wrong. He worried: What if he decides to get another wife!
is probably fuming because of the SHAME of his wife
leaving home. 63. TOPI: (VERY KIND) You are the best wife and partner any man
could wish for. Honestly, Blessing, Steve would be a bloody
52. BLESSING: Of course, he will be concerned, Topi. fool if he looked anywhere else. You are as GOOD as it gets.
53. TOPI: Damn right he should be worried for you! Blessing, the
burden is on Steve to wake up and see his own wrong-doing! 64. BLESSING: (CRYING NOW) Yes, Topi. Thank you. Thank you for all
you have helped me with.
English Episode 106
65. TOPI: And I am asking you, sincerely: Please come and work. For 78. MIKE: (HESITANTLY) Well…
your own sake.
79. GUMA: Mike, it‟s not like you to slack around.
80. JESSICA: Mr. Guma, Mike has a lot on his hands maybe I can…
81. GUMA: I am sure you also have other things to do… are you done
82. MIKE: (RELENTINGLY) No…
83. GUMA: Mike you know this business…when it comes to a schedule
nothing is a good excuse for doing it in time…
84. MIKE: Yes Boss I know…
85. GUMA: I have trusted the two of you to steer this ship… and it‟s up
to the two of you to set standards for this radio station.
86. BOTH MIKE AND JESSICA AGREE
87. JESSICA: Boss we are very sorry… if…
67. Scene 2 (J 9.4)
68. Location: Int. Boardroom-Radio Rock Point-Morning 88. GUMA: I don‟t think we have time for sorries just get on with it.
69. B/G SFX: Stillness (FADING OFF) Mike I will be in my Office when you are
70. MIKE, JESSICA, GUMA. done with that schedule.
71. GUMA: And who is supposed to schedule the programming for this 89. MIKE: Yes boss…
90. SHORT PAUSE
72. MIKE: Boss it‟s me but…
91. JESSICA: Sorry Mike…
73. GUMA: But why haven‟t you done it by now? We are already into
the second day of the month but… 92. MIKE: First time the boss has had me for lunch…
74. MIKE: I am sorry boss… its just… 93. JESSICA: But you know I am partly to blame so I can assist you if…
75. GUMA: You were supposed to do this last weekend… 94. MIKE: No… it‟s okay…
76. SFX: PAUSE 95. JESSICA: But we spent the weekend together…
77. GUMA: What happened, Mike?
English Episode 106
96. GUMA: (FADING ON) Did I just hear… is there something I should 114. M.CAROL: (CONCERN) Is that so? I told him that he is always
know about? welcome to see Carol and his daughter when she is back
97. BOTH MIKE AND JESSICA DENY
115. JUDITH: Ah, Mama Carol, don‟t worry! Robert will get used to it….
98. MIKE: (FADING OFF) We were just heading to our desks…
116. M.CAROL: …Do you think that… you know… they should have
99. JESSICA: (FADING OFF) Yes boss. married properly after all?
100. GUMA: (TO HIMSELF) What has gotten into both of you? 117. JUDITH: They are teenagers! Schoolchildren!
101. SFX: DOOR OPENS AND CLOSES 118. M. CAROL: True. Do they know WHAT they want?
102. JESSICA: (FADING ON) Has he left? 119. JUDITH: Robert understands that he is a father now.
103. MIKE: Yes… Look Jessica… I think we have to be careful. 120. M.CAROL: Thank God for that. But do you think he might be
interested in my girl?
104. JESSICA: I know… I know…
121. JUDITH: Mrs. Eliphaz, Robert and Carol are still children
105. MIKE: Especially with Guma. I have no idea how he would react if themselves. Much as they already have a child.
knows that you and me are…
122. M.CAROL: (RELIEF) Yes Judith you are right. And it is up to us their
106. JESSICA: Well right now all I care about is that you finish that parents to lead them in the right direction.
schedule so am going to help you.
123. JUDITH: And I think you know what direction that is…
124. M.CAROL: I talked to my husband…
125. JUDITH: But I have not seen Mr. Eliphaz in a long time…
126. M.CAROL: Oh he is always traveling to the city. Even now!
108. Scene 3 (J 9.3)
109. Location: Exterior: Eliphaz‟s home-Day 127. JUDITH: (CONCERNED) Mama Carol… is your husband still
110. B/G SFX: Hens, cocks crowing, goats etc. insisting that these children should get married?
111. MRS. ELIPHAZ (MAMA CAROL), JUDITH.
128. M.CAROL: Judith… you won‟t believe it!
112. M.CAROL: (CONCERN) Are you sure Judith?
129. JUDITH: What, Mama Carol?
113. JUDITH: Also me I was very surprised but the truth is that after
running away from Carol for so long, he now misses her and 130. M.CAROL: Mr. Eliphaz is the one who is insisting that Carol should go
the baby. back to school as soon as the baby stops breastfeeding.
131. JUDITH: (AMAZED) What?
English Episode 106
Anything happens to his daughter and he will rush to
132. M.CAROL: I was even beginning to think that the two of them might protect her.
get married, you know, especially as they seem to be getting
along together… 145. JUDITH: I am so glad Eliphaz looks after Carol like that. I wish all
fathers were like him.
133. JUDITH: Yes. But…
146. M.CAROL: I thank God. He may look as fierce as a buffalo, but in truth
134. M. CAROL: But my husband! He wouldn‟t hear of it! He says his my Eliphaz has a heart as soft as lamb‟s wool. (BOTH
daughter is not going to marry a man who doesn‟t know his WOMEN LAUGH) And Judith, It‟s thanks to you that you
own mind! (HESITATING) No offence to Robert, Judith… looked after our Carol so kindly. Nga I have been on my
it‟s just that he is young and hasn‟t got experience of life… knees!
135. JUDITH: I know, Mama Carol. So tell me what your husband said? I 147. JUDITH: (CONVICTION) Mama Carol. It was only out of my
am keen to know. He was just about ready to throw Carol responsibility to take Carol in. But not at one point did I
out and force her to marry Robert at one point. support that Carol and Robert should be led into a forced
marriage just because of the pregnancy.
136. M. CAROL: Exactly, Judith. And that is what surprised me. Because
the other day – and this is very confidential, Judith, you 148. M.CAROL: Yes, in our days; maybe… but things have changed a lot
understand… these days.
137. JUDITH: (EAGER TO HEAR THIS CONFIDENTIALITY) Gosh! 149. JUDITH: (AGREEABLY) Yes Mama Carol the world has changed
138. M. CAROL: Judith, my husband was the one who said to me… as we 150. M.CAROL: The important thing is that as parents… we have to make
were preparing for bed the other night… he said: Bring sure that our children understand…
151. JUDITH: Exactly… I want Robert to learn his responsibility as a
139. JUDITH: What did he mean? father.
140. M. CAROL: Exactly that. He says his daughter must come to her 152. M.CAROL: Yes! The good thing is that he is proud of his daughter
rightful home. His daughter and his grand-daughter. already. But you are right there is a lot for him to learn.
141. JUDITH: He said that, Mama Carol? 153. JUDITH: (SUDDENLY EXCITED) You know He told me he already
had a name for the baby.
142. M. CAROL: He said that, Judith! You know, he would never say it loud
but he loves his daughter so much. He protects her like a 154. M.CAROL: (IMPRESSED, ADMIRINGLY) Oh, that is so nice.
lion protects its cubs! (BOTH WOMEN LAUGH)
155. JUDITH: (CONTEMPLATINGLY) Mama Carol… much as these
143. JUDITH: (LAUGHING) You are lucky to have such a husband! children of ours made a mistake… and I always think about
144. M.CAROL: (PROUD) Yes! You know, his sons can get into trouble and
he says: (MIMICKING) “They are big enough and ugly 156. M.CAROL: What?
enough to look after themselves!” But his daughter – Eeeh!
English Episode 106
157. JUDITH: Somehow they have brought our families together and I
have to thank God for that.
158. M.CAROL: Oh Judith that is very kind of you!
159. JUDITH: And thanks to this experience, my son even talks to me
160. M. CAROL: I am happy.
161. JUDITH: I think he wants to be a good father… and sad to say this
out loud, but he has had precious little guidance from his
own father. 168. Scene 4 (SC 9.3)
169. Location: Int. Guma‟s bedroom. Night
162. M.CAROL: I am sorry, Judith. 170. B/G SFX: Soft music
171. GUMA, AMELIA, TOM, CONNIE
163. JUDITH: Well, who knows… maybe one day Robert and Carol might
actually end up together… 172. SFX: SWEET LAUGHTER
164. M.CAROL: (BRIGHTENING) Yes they could fall in love, who 173. AMELIA: (SWEET) Come on Don, lets sleep now…
knows…God works in mysterious ways.
174. GUMA: Why Amelia?
165. JUDITH: Perhaps the two of them will fall in love all over again when
Carol goes back to school (LAUGHING). 175. AMELIA: We have been talking for the last two hours, its
approaching midnight, Guma…
166. M.CAROL: (ALSO LAUGHING) Only God knows! And next time
maybe Carol and Robert will be ready for it! 176. GUMA: (JOKINGLY) But aren‟t you enjoying it, Amelia?
167. END. 177. AMELIA: Which woman wouldn‟t enjoy having such a good time with
178. GUMA: (JOKINGLY) You, Amelia.
179. AMELIA: Even if I had a second chance to choose a husband, I would
still choose you MY DON.
180. GUMA: (IMPRESSED) Sure?
181. AMELIA: Why not?
182. GUMA: (CHEEKY) And why, Amelia?
183. AMELIA: (SWEET) You love me-don‟t you?
English Episode 106
201. AMELIA: They felt that lack of commitment from their husband to be
184. GUMA: You don‟t even have to ask that, Amelia-how would I live “good” men…
without you my dear?
202. GUMA: Good that I became part of the good men…
185. AMELIA: (JOKINGLY) You probably wouldn‟t live (LAUGHS). And
your children? 203. AMELIA: (MISCHIEVOUSLY) A good man and therefore a great
186. GUMA: Oooh! You don‟t know how happy I am to see that my
children are now my friends… 204. GUMA: (SMILING VOICE) Well, that‟s an incentive for many men
to be good to their wives! (BOTH CHUCKLE)
187. AMELIA: They want to be telling you stories all the time…
205. AMELIA: (SOFTLY) There is nothing stopping you, my sweet
188. GUMA: I don‟t even know what magic I used, Amelia… husband.
189. AMELIA: You simply made time for them, Guma… 206. SFX: BED CREAKS
190. GUMA: And tried to understand them? 207. GUMA: I love you my darling Amelia.
191. AMELIA: Precisely. 208. AMELIA: I love you too, Don. (SUDDENLY) Please…Guma…don‟t.
Keep holding me-it is cold…
192. GUMA: I am happy for my family. I wouldn‟t have done a bit of that
without your support, Amelia. 209. GUMA: You are warm…
193. AMELIA: And thanks for participating in the men‟s march for us-me 210. AMELIA: So are you (THEY LAUGH ROMANTICALLY)
and your children.
211. SFX: SUDDENLY THE KIDS KNOCK ON THE DOOR. THEY
194. GUMA: That‟s the least I could have done, Amelia. ARE SCREAMING.
195. AMELIA: It really meant a lot to me, Don. 212. GUMA: Tom, Connie what is it?
196. GUMA: I am happy that it meant something to you Amelia… 213. CONNIE: (SCREAMING) Woooo! Open for us daddy…
197. AMELIA: You don‟t know how proud I felt seeing you march-FOR US. 214. TOM: Hurry up daddy!
It‟s now the talk around Rock Point women…
215. SFX: COMMOTION AS DOOR OPENS
198. GUMA: Are you sure Amelia?
216. AMELIA: What is it Tom?
199. AMELIA: Women whose husbands didn‟t participate in the men‟s
March felt cheated… 217. TOM: A beast.
200. GUMA: (EMPATHETIC) I know. 218. AMELIA: (SHOCKED) A beast! In the house?
219. TOM: (OUT OF BREATH) I don‟t know-it‟s Connie who saw it.
English Episode 106
220. GUMA: Connie, where did you see it?
221. CONNIE: I was dreaming-going to the farm and I saw a beast. When I
woke up I was scared!
222. GUMA: It‟s okay, it was just a dream. Calm down.
223. CONNIE: (FRIGHTENED) Daddy, are you sure the beast is not
224. GUMA: It was just a dream. Now go back and sleep.
225. CONNIE: Me I can‟t go back to the room.
226. TOM: I am also scared.
227. GUMA: So where do you want to sleep?
228. CONNIE: With you, in your bed.
229. TOM: Yes, we will sleep here so that when the beast comes, you
can kill it.
230. AMELIA: But you will disturb your daddy-he wants to sleep…
231. GUMA: Amelia, its okay. Let them sleep with us-lets all sleep
together as a family.
232. CONNIE: (EXCITEDLY) Me I will sleep near daddy because he is
strong. 237. Scene 5(SB 9.3)
238. Location: Steve‟s home
233. TOM: No way, Connie, it‟s me who will sleep near daddy because I 239. B/G SFX: Home sounds
am a man… 240. STEVE, STEVE‟S MOTHER, BETTY.
234. GUMA: Okay okay its fine-one will sleep with me on one side and 241. SFX: COLLECTING UTENSILS
the other on the other side. Fine?
242. MOTHER: Slowly, Betty. You will break the plates again.
235. TOM AND CONNIE ARE EXCITED AS THEY FADE OFF
243. BETTY: (NOT AMUSED) I am careful mummy.
244. STEVE: That‟s the problem with you Betty! Big headedness! They
tell you, you don‟t want to listen
English Episode 106
262. MOTHER: How do you beat your wife and you still have the guts of
245. BETTY: (CHEEKY) Have you seen me touching my ears! saying that I have started!
246. MOTHER: Just leave the girl, Steve. 263. STEVE: I didn‟t beat Blessing.
247. STEVE: Mummy, it‟s you who is going to spoil Betty. Pampering her 264. MOTHER: You think I am stupid? Then why did she leave?
all the time.
265. STEVE: I also don‟t know.
248. MOTHER: (JOKINGLY) Leave my little girl alone. Haven‟t you just
finished enjoying the food she has cooked? 266. MOTHER: You beat her-people saw you…
249. BETTY: And if you don‟t bring Blessing back, I will stop cooking 267. STEVE: That must be Betty deceiving you…
because its now too much work.
268. MOTHER: She was there, she saw you fighting with Blessing.
250. MOTHER: Okay Betty. Take the plates to the kitchen.
269. STEVE: Okay then fine if you choose to believe Betty.
251. SFX: FOOTSTEPS RECEED
270. MOTHER: What have you said, Steve? Fine? You beat Blessing, she
252. MOTHER: Steve, Betty is just a young girl-you should know how to runs away and you think that‟s fine?
271. STEVE: SILENT.
253. STEVE: You are going to spoil her, Mummy. Betty is almost twelve
years now and you are still pampering her. 272. MOTHER: Answer me Steve. How could you even think of beating a
pregnant woman, Steve?
254. MOTHER: I just know how to handle her, that‟s all. Hasn‟t she now
saved the situation? 273. STEVE: Mummy I have told you I didn‟t…
255. STEVE: Which situation, Mummy? 274. MOTHER: Do you know that she could have gotten a miscarriage
because of you? Who knows-maybe she did.
256. MOTHER: …cooking for all of us during this time when Blessing is
away? 275. STEVE: (CONCERNED) A miscarriage!
257. STEVE: (DIVERSIONARY) I think I am going to bed, Mummy. 276. MOTHER: Now don‟t give that look, Steve. I gave you time-I thought
that you are a responsible man…
258. MOTHER: Just because I have talked about Blessing, Steve-you now
want to go to bed! 277. STEVE: What?
259. STEVE: If sleep comes, I should go to bed. 278. MOTHER: Look at what you have done to your wife-some one‟s
daughter. Have you forgotten the promises you made to
260. MOTHER: I am very bitter with you, Steve! Blessing parents?
261. STEVE: Ah! Now you have started, Mummy! 279. STEVE: SILENT.
English Episode 106
280. MOTHER: I need you to do one thing.
296. Scene 6(SB 9.5)
281. STEVE: What? 297. Location: Topi‟s salon
298. B/G SFX: Salon ambience
282. MOTHER: Go look for Blessing and bring her back. I thought you 299. STEVE, TOPI, BLESSING, NANA.
would do that as soon as possible. My son!
300. TOPI: Blessing, do you still have enough hair food in there?
283. STEVE: Mummy you don‟t know the Blessing you are so much
defending… 301. BLESSING: Yes, Topi.
284. MOTHER: Me? As if I don‟t stay with her-Blessing is a good woman 302. TOPI: Enough for Nana‟s hair?
and if my son can‟t see that, then he has a problem.
303. BLESSING: It‟s enough, Nana.
285. STEVE: The Blessing you claim to know is bad mannered,
disrespectful and rebellious. Now, what kind of wife is that, 304. NANA: Good.
305. TOPI: Nana, here in my salon we don‟t do sub standard work…
286. MOTHER: Is she – really?
306. NANA: That‟s why I come here, Topi.
287. STEVE: What am I supposed to do when my own wife doesn‟t listen
to me? 307. TOPI: You see even Blessing who came as a braider is now a star
at treating hair…
288. MOTHER: You decide to beat her like you beat cows?!
308. NANA: Blessing has really mastered many things around here.
289. STEVE: I don‟t want a wife who defies my authority.
309. TOPI: She really has…
290. MOTHER: (CHALLENGINGLY) And you think beating is the best
solution?! 310. NANA: You are lucky to have her…but what‟s up with Blessing.
She is not as cheerful…
291. STEVE: She should know I am the head of the family, and at least
obey me. 311. BLESSING: (QUICKLY CHIPS IN) There is nothing wrong…I am fine,
292. MOTHER: (SERIOUSLY) Okay, I have heard all your concerns and
this is what I say to you… 312. NANA: Really? You are quiet today.
293. STEVE: Hm. 313. TOPI: Blessing, why don‟t you tell Nana, if you have any
294. MOTHER: Steve, unless you want to see my dead body, go look for
Blessing and bring her back. 314. BLESSING: Come on Topi, I don‟t have any problem…
315. NANA: I saw the mark on your face, Blessing. Are you okay?
316. BLESSING: (UNCOMFORTABLE) Just a…a bit…feverish…it‟s nothing.
English Episode 106
317. NANA: Sorry…and the bruise? 337. TOPI: (WITH ATTITUDE) To see Blessing!
318. BLESSING: SILENT 338. BLESSING: (PLEADINGLY) Please Topi!
319. TOPI: Blessing they are asking you about the bruise! 339. TOPI: Blessing, leave me to assure this man.
320. BLESSING: Topi! 340. STEVE: To assure me? (STERNLY) Actually, I have come to collect
my wife-to take her home.
321. TOPI: Nana, Blessing is lying to you…
341. TOPI: Don‟t you know that your wife is working at this time,
322. NANA: What? Steve?
323. TOPI: She was beaten by her husband, Steve. 342. STEVE: Some thing important has come up…
324. BLESSING: Topi! 343. TOPI: You think you will lie to me again like you lied to me when
you beat your wife…
325. NANA: (NOT AMUSED) Steve beats you…?
344. STEVE: What?
326. BLESSING: It was a mistake.
345. TOPI: What did you tell me when I came to your home looking for
327. TOPI: She is just covering up for him-he didn‟t beat her only Blessing?
346. STEVE: Topi, I didn‟t come here to quarrel with you-I came to take
328. NANA: Sshh! Quiet, speak of the DEVIL! There is Steve coming… my wife home.
329. BLESSING: (PANICKY) Are you sure its Steve, Nana? 347. TOPI: If you really knew that she is your wife, then you wouldn‟t
be beating her like you do!
330. NANA: Yes. It seems he is coming here to the salon.
348. STEVE: You woman, that‟s not what brought me here…besides who
331. TOPI: Leave him for me. I will give him a piece of my mind are you to talk to me like that?
349. TOPI: I am your wife‟s employer and friend. I am concerned about
332. BLESSING: (PANICKED, AFRAID) Please Topi. He heard me! You see! her.
333. TOPI: Of course he did not, Blessing! 350. STEVE: Will I have my wife, please?
334. STEVE: (MOOD CHANGING, SOMBRE) Good morning, Topi. 351. TOPI: Which wife? What kind of man are you who…
335. TOPI: Good morning, Steve. What brings you to the salon this 352. STEVE: What do you know about marriage, Topi-you who failed to
early morning? get married?
336. STEVE: I have come to see my wife, Blessing.
English Episode 106
353. TOPI: (FIERCE) I know that a man who beats his wife destroys
his family with each beating.. If you don‟t mind we have
work to do.
354. STEVE: I am warning you, Topi. Don‟t think that you will keep
spoiling people‟s wives like that and get away with it.
355. TOPI: (CALLING AFTERHIM) The only one spoiling a wife is you,
356. BLESSING: Topi, what have you done?
357. TOPI: Haven‟t you seen, Blessing-I have told Steve the truth.
358. BLESING: (WORRIED) You will bring for me more problems Topi…
359. TOPI: No, Blessing, this time I am happy I interfered. Enough
silence! If he IS a man he will reflect and realize that what
he is done is not acceptable – not for you, Blessing, or for
360. BLESSING: But, Topi…/
361. NANA: Topi is right, Blessing. It is no marriage when a woman
puts up with abuse? Steve must realize that he is doing a
362. TOPI: And realize also that he will not do it again – EVER again!