COLORADO SPRINGS AREA CHIEFS GROUP
19 Feb 09
MEMORANDUM FOR GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
FROM: SMSgt Richard Vogel, Secretary
SUBJECT: Chiefs’ Group Meeting Minutes
1. Call to Order: Meeting called to order on 19 Feb 09, 1130, by Treasurer, Linda Valinho.
Suzette Cherry Joe Westerlund
Linda Valinho Idalia Peele
Cyndi Solomito Rodney Reyes
Kevin McCoy Mike Knehans
Mike Zirkle Rick Vogel
Mike Parris Jeff Haines
Thom Trottier Kat Little
Treassia Hall Anthony Woods
Ken Ritz Jim Oneil
Jim Byrnes Scott Barbier
Randy Lacombe Dave Melton
3. Chief’s Choice Award: None.
4. Guest Speaker: Vince Rusniak & CMSgt Dee Low (ret). Vince and Dee work at Military
Housing Solutions. They provide a free service to military personnel in educating them on
current real estate issues. In addition to advice on buying, they provide services to help sell
homes. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 590-6139 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Minutes: January minutes were approved.
6. Welcomes/Inbounds: Joe Westerlund, 302 Airlift Wing Command CMSgt.
7. Departures/Retirements: CMSgt Bo Lee retired. CMSgt Reyes will find out if he is still in
the local area to give him his brick.
8. Deployments: Brian Rainey, and Tammy Plotner.
9. Upcoming Promotions on 1 March: SMSgt Treassia Hall, Richard Vogel, and Ron
LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE
10. Treasurer’s Report: Attached. Two items were removed from the annual budget: the
Volunteer Recognition event and the YMCA Armed Forces Partner Campaign.
11. Committees & Initiatives:
- CMSgt McCoy had shirts, coins and hats for sale.
- SMSgt Hall and Peele volunteered to run the annual bowlathon fundraiser. CMSgt Barbier
provided historical information on it.
12. Old Business:
- CMSgt Cherry again asked for volunteers for mentoring opportunities. There is a lunch with
the NCOs attending the SNCO Professional Enhancement Course on 25 Feb. She also explained
that the 21 SW chiefs will now take the FTAC panels.
- The CSACG will host the July Deployed Families Dinner. It will be a cook-out in Eagle Park.
Chief Parris will be the POC for this event. Chief Cherry, SMSgt Woods and SMSgt Oneil
offered to help out.
- Chief Borders was to discuss the CSACG running the Team Pete promotion ceremony for one
month with Chief Omdal. There was no update on this.
13. New Business:
- The CSACG will be taking nominations for Executive Council positions. Voting will occur in
March, and the new EC should start in April.
14. Upcoming Events:
- The Chiefs and First Sergeants will play volleyball with the Airman Leadership School students
on 23 Feb at 1500.
15. CCM Comments:
Chief Small, AFSPC: Not present
Chief Omdal, 21 SW: Not Present
Chief Sheehan, 50 SW: Not present
16. Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 0820. The Next Meeting will be:
Thursday, 19 March, 0715, Aragon Dining Facility.
// Signed // // Signed //
RICHARD P. VOGEL, SMSgt, USAF SUZETTE CHERRY, CMSgt, USAF
Secretary Vice President
LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE