When did it become a National Park?
Yosemite national park was
established on October 1st,
It was established because of
the preservation of the
uniqueness and its beauty.
What kind of rocks can be found there?
Glaciation is the reason for most of the rocks including U-shaped canyons,
jagged peaks, and granite.
What special features are there?
• Yosemite was preserved as a national park because of its
• The world’s tallest waterfall, Yosemite Falls, is 2,425 feet high.
• Two glaciers still remain at Mounts Maclure and Lyell.
• Nearly 95 percent of Yosemite National Park is designated to the
How is the land currently changing?
• Pests are coming in
• Water is spreading
• The land is moving, by eroding and cracking
What are the environmental issues in your park?
Some environmental issues include:
Forest pests Yosemite National Park - Forest Pests (U.S. National
Map of the Park
How does technology help preserve and maintain the
They use satellites to take pictures of the park, predict the weather there,
detect wildfires, monitor smoke, and find the air quality.
Pictures from Google Images
"Yosemite National Park - Natural Features & Ecosystems (U.S. National Park Service)."
National Park Service - Experience Your America. Web. 28 May 2010.
"Yosemite National Park Information Page." Yosemite National Park. Web. 28 May 2010.
"Google Images." Google. Web. 28 May 2010.