Latihan Soal Ujian Nasional 2010
Sekolah Menengah Pertama / Madrasah Tsanawiyah
SMP / MTs
Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris
KODE : 01
Dalam UN berlaku Petunjuk Umum seperti ini :
1. Isikan identitas Anda ke dalam Lembar Jawaban Ujian Nasional (LJUN) yang
tersedia dengan menggunakan pensil 2B sesuai petunjuk di LJUN.
2. Hitamkan bulatan di depan nama mata ujian pada LJUN.
3. Tersedia waktu 120 menit untuk mengerjakan paket tes tersebut.
4. Jumlah soal sebanyak 50 butir, pada setiap soal terdapat 4 (empat) pilihan
5. Periksa dan bacalah soal-soal sebelum Anda menjawabnya.
6. Laporkan kepada pengawas ujian apabila terdapat lembar soal yang kurang
jelas, rusak, atau tidak lengkap.
7. Tidak diizinkan menggunakan kalkulator, HP, tabel matematika atau alat
bantu hitung lainnya.
8. Periksalah pekerjaan Anda sebelum diserahkan kepada pengawas ujian.
9. Lembar soal boleh dicoret-coret untuk mengerjakan perhitungan.
TEXT FOR NUMBER 1-4
Bali is an island in Indonesian archipelago. It is in the south of the equator and has warm
weather all the year. The rainy season is November to April, but it can rain anytime. Bali is 120
kilometers wide from east to west and 80 kilometers from north to south, so everywhere is quite
close to the sea. Bali is shaped like a diamond. Mount Agung, a volcano, is 3.142 meters high
and is visible from far away. Most of the people are Hindus, There are many temples and many
Tourism is the most important industry. Many tourists visit Bali to see the beautiful scenery
and interesting festivals, to swim in the warm seas, to look at the beautiful clothes, paintings, and
1. Where is Bali located?
a. It is along the equator
b. In the south of equator
c. Close to many temples
d. 120 km from east to west
2. The last paragraph is about .....
a. the location of Bali
b. beautiful mountains in Bali
c. the most popular things in Bali
d. the most important industry in Bali.
3. The tourism industry in Bali offers us the following things, except ....
a. belief and religion
b. culture and nature
c. handicraft and tradition
d. wood crafting and painting
4. Ryan : I got 95 for my English test, dad
Father : ....
a. That’s a pity
b. That’s shame
c. What a nuisance
d. That’s good news
5. Tio : Hi! Have you heard that our football team lost the game?
Bian : .....
a. Bad luck c. Well done
b. Good luck d. That’s great
6. Let’s study hard, ...?
a. will you c. aren’t you
b. shall we d. don’t they
7. I am doing the test, ...?
a. don’t I c. aren’t you
b. aren’t I d. didn’t you
8. Your sisters have watched “Laskar Pelangi”, ...?
a. haven’t they c. hasn’t she
b. didn’t we d. don’t I
9. Mary : Do you have an English dictionary, Ra?
Mira : ....?
Mary : Do you have an English dictionary?
Mira : Yes, I do. Do you need it?
Mary : Yes. May I borrow it?
Mira : Of course. Here it is
a. Can you help me
b. Mention, please
c. I beg your pardon
d. May I have dictionary
10. The woman : ..., please?
The boy : With pleasure.What should I do, mam?
The woman : Could you bring me the basket, please?
The boy : Sure. Here it is
The woman : Thanks
The boy : You’re welcome
a. Do you help me
b. May I help you
c. I should help you
d. Could you help me
11. Teacher : It’s dark here, Mir
Amir : Yes, sir
Teacher : ..., please
Amir : All right, sir.
a. Close the door
b. Turn on the lamp
c. Clean the boards
d. Write on the board
Text for number 12-14
I want you to come to my house for lunch
on Sunday at 11 a.m
12. When does Firsty expect Lova to come to her house?
a. In the afternoon c. In the evening
b. In the morning d. At night
13. From the text above, we know that Lova is Firsty’s ....
a. close friend c. teacher
b. grandma d. sister
14. The text above is a kind of ....
Text for number 15-16
We hope that you always happy and healthy
on your 57th birthday.
We ... you so much.
Wurry and Anto
15. The best for the blank is ....
a. love c. loved
b. loves d. loving
16. The opposite of the underlined word in the text above is ....
a. sad c. mad
b. bad d. glad
17. Feby : Have you got your report, Vin?
Vina : Yes, I have
Feby : May I see it ?
Vina : Oh It’s very good. ... for you
a. How awful c. How terrible
b. Hard luck d. Congratulation
EXAMINATION IS IN
18. Where do you usually find this notice?
a. Bank c. Library
b. School d. Theatre
19. home–when–go–you–Don’t–your–leave–books–the class–in
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The best arrangement of the words above is ....
a. 5- 7- 6- 4- 8 -10 -2- 3- 9- 1
b. 5- 7- 2- 10- 9- 8- 4- 3- 6- 1
c. 5 -7- 6- 4 - 3- 2 -5 -1 -9- 10
d. 5- 7- 6- 8- 10- 9- 2- 4- 3- 1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The best arrangement of the words above is ....
a. 7- 4- 9- 1- 2- 3- 5- 6- 8
b. 7- 6- 3- 5- 8- 1- 2- 4- 9
c. 7- 1- 3- 5- 8- 6- 2- 9- 4
d. 7- 6- 2- 4- 9- 1- 3- 5- 8
For thousands of years mountains, deserts, jungles, oceans, made travel difficult. With travel
slow and uncertain, groups of people were isolated from one another.
Wheeled vehicles for land travel are in general use now. People can go from one place to
another by train, bus, and car. In towns young people can go to work by bus or motorcycle.
Young students can even go to school by bicycle in a small town.
People can also make a travel by ship or boat. They can enjoy the journey if they go by ship.
It’s kind of floating hotel. They can sleep, exercise, and have meals in a ship. So the journey is
Modern transportation has conquered distances and natural barriers. Most of things we eat,
wear and use each day come to us by truck, train, ship or plane. Jet planes carry passengers,
cargo, and mail with the speed of sound. The people of the world are neighbors now.
21. What made travel difficult for thousand of years?
a. rivers c. streets
b. desert d. boulevards
22. How can people go from one place to another for land travel? By …
a. boat c. car
b. ship d. plane
23. Why is a big ship sometimes called a floating hotel? Because….
a. People can also make a travel by boat
b. People can travel by ship after staying in a hotel
c. People can have facilities in a ship like in a hotel
d. A big ship is like a hotel in shape
24. Is the journey by big ship dull?
a. yes, it is c. yes, it does
b. no, it isn’t d. no, it doesn’t
25. What is the suitable title for the text above?
a. journey c. vehicle
b. a big ship d. transportation
26. Ahmad Sajidin is … engineer
a. a c. an
b. the d. one
27. Are you going out or staying at … tonight?
a. home c. a home
b. the home d. one home
28. I usually go to school … the morning.
a. in c. on
b. at d. around
29. I woke up … half past four this morning
a. in c. on
b. at d. between
30. I have been waiting for you for … hour
a. a c. an
b. the d. that
31. Which word has the sound i:
a. great c. price
b. brake d. beak
Please gather in front of the class B, students who are late to have a flag ceremony.
32. Who is writing the announcement?
a. The teacher c. The janitor
b. The student d. The headmaster
33. What will the student get when they meet Mr. Iwan? They’ll get a ….
a. present c. gift
b. punishment d. condolence
34. What should the student do when they’re late to have a flag ceremony?
a. Go home
b. Face the teacher
c. Gather in front of the class B
d. Look for one another
35. My brother studies at … university in Jakarta.
a. a c. one
b. an d. that
36. Mrs. Diah was born … May 12, 1986
a. at c. on
b. in d. above
37. X : The students mustn’t smoke anywhere
Y : ….
a. I don’t think so
b. I think it’s unfair
c. True, but it’s cruel
d. I agree completely
38. X : ….
Y : I think the programs on TV are interesting.
a. Do you agree about program on TV ?
b. Do you like programs on TV?
c. Do you have any ideas on TV programs now?
d. What would you like to watch on TV?
39. What does the wheeled vehicle mean? A kind of carriage ….
a. on land c. on the sky
b. on water d. on the sea
40. You can turn off … I’m not watching it.
a. television c. a television
b. the television d. an television
41. You must meet this person when you have a problem with your eyes. Who is he/she?
a. Dentist c. Oculist
b. Internist d. Surgeon
42. You must meet this person if you want to have your hair cut.
a. tailor c. soldier
b. barber d. teacher
43. Ariel is dedicating the song to a girl ...Bali.
a. in c. on
b. from d. with
44. 1. He delivers letters to many people everyday.
2. Mr. Iwan is a postman
3. He enjoys his work
4. He works at the Post Office in Antapani
The best arrangement is ….
a. 2 – 1 – 4 – 3 c. 3 – 1 – 2 – 4
b. 4 – 1 – 3 – 2 d. 1 – 3 – 4 – 2
45. Look at the girl ... yellow! She’s my soulmate.
a. in c. on
b. with d. by
46. This person writes articles for a newspaper or a magazine regularly. What is he/she?
a. postman c. reporter
b. policeman d. columnist
The text is for no. 47-50
Adi is a Junior High School student. He is in the first year now. He is clever and diligent.
When he has finished studying his lessons, he often plays some games with his friends. One of
his favorite games is hide and seek. Adi and his friends like this game because it is a cheap one.
They don’t need money to play the game.
Two or more players, usually four or five, can join the game. One of them, who becomes the
guard, must find all the hiding players.
To begin the game, the guard closes his eyes and counts to ten. The other players run in all
directions and hide somewhere. When the guard finds or sees a hiding player, he must call out
the player’s name and run to the home base. He continues doing this until all of the hiding players
are found. The player who is first found becomes the next guard. But if one the hiding players
manages to control the home base, and he is not found yet, the guard has to start the game all
47. What is the suitable title for the text ?
a. Play ground c. Adi’s study
b. Hide and Seek d. Adi’s activities
48. What grade is Adi now?
a. One c. Two
b. Three d. Four
49. Why do Adi and his friends like the game? Because it is ... one
a. good c. cheap
b. friendly d. expensive
50. Who will be the next guard in the game? The player who .... first
a. hides c. is found
b. guards d. is pointed