What is financial Aid?
Financial aid is assistance with the costs
of tuition, fees, room and board, books,
personal expenses, etc.
It makes it possible for students to attend
colleges who may not otherwise be able to afford
this educational opportunity
What are the four
categories of financial aid?
• Work Study
• Education Loans
What are the types of
Defining the four (4)
How does the financial
aid process work?
What is a financial
New Scholarships Posted
• Alabama Association of School Office Personnel Scholarship
• Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
• Bishop State Community College (All scholarships listed)
• John M Will and Hearin – Chandler Journalism Scholarship
• New Horizons Credit Union Scholarship
• Seals Helping Hand Scholarship
• Troy University Foundation Scholarship Program 2008-2009
• Tuskegee University Army ROTC Scholarship
• Gaines-Hamil Memorial Scholarship
List web sites that will assist in
the search for financial aid
information and scholarships
Who can apply for
• O’Brian, Linda. An Instruction Booklet for the
Parents of College Bound Students. Dayton,
Ohio: Woodburn Press, 1996.