Learning Center
Plans & pricing Sign in
Sign Out

Tampa Tax Attorney Reveals How to File Back Taxes


Whether it’s been one year or ten years since you’ve filed your taxes, the IRS will eventually catch up with you and you’ll need to know how to file a late return. Veteran tax attorney discusses how to filed back taxes in this article.

More Info
  • pg 1
									Tampa Tax Attorney Reveals How to File Back Taxes There are many reasons why people do not file their taxes, and while most of them are valid, the truth of the matter is that even late or back taxes eventually need to be filed. Filing back taxes will actually alleviate or altogether prevent possible problems with the IRS. The IRS still requires that you file your taxes, whether you only missed a particular year or have not done so since mid 1980s. In the end, it will be to your benefit as doing so lessens the risk of being penalized by the IRS. There may be occasions when all tax records are unavailable. This occurs in cases of fire, flood and other natural calamities when all of a person's belongings, including tax records, are damaged. The wonderful news is that a tax attorney or an accountant can assist in the reconstruction or retracing of a client's tax records dating as far back as 15 to 20 years ago. This then makes the filing of back taxes very possible. Certain circumstances, including simply not having enough money to pay the amount due on their returns, cause many taxpayers to have accumulated back taxes. Filing a missing tax return or back taxes is perhaps, one of a client's best options. This move keeps you from potentially paying for a substantial penalty of 25%, which is the fee for late tax returns. In some states, failing to file your income tax return can lead to a large penalty even if you do not owe the government any money. If you have exerted the effort to compile your tax records from previous years, all you have to do now is prepare your tax returns. For most people, though, this is the step that necessitates the help of an expert to avoid IRS problems. It will be heavy for an individual not to know if he/she owes back taxes or to realize that such have not been settled yet. To some, the mere act of making an appointment with a tax professional helps a lot. What many people do not understand through e-file or other electronic submitted through hand delivery or order to document that the IRS has is that they cannot file back taxes filing systems. These must be mail. A certified mail is preferred on received your tax returns.

Those who are aware that they owe the IRS any amount of money will be compelled to pay the applicable interest and fees. In such an instance, you can ask the IRS to help you set up a payment plan. Filing for back taxes can actually be a relatively quick and easy procedure. What would make matters complicated is if you will refuse to immediately deal with the issue and file or pay back taxes. At worst, you may, in the end, owe significant amounts of money and face more severe consequences because of these IRS issues. Darrin T. Mish is a Nationally recognized Attorney whose practice focuses on representing clients across the United States with IRS Problems. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbel and is a member of the American Society of IRS Problem Solvers and the Tax Freedom Institute. He has been honored by

a listing in Martindale-Hubbel's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. His passion is providing IRS help to taxpayers with both individual and payroll tax problems. He also spends a great deal of time traveling the nation providing training to attorneys, CPAs and Enrolled Agents on how to handle their toughest cases with the IRS. If you would like more information about his services please visit

To top